Thriller’s Influence In World Wrestling Entertainment

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests

'I would play the entire song up until that point. Then I would turn it off, because that guy scared me,” admitted Maria. That’s not the only influence the song – or the album – had on Raw’s beautiful Diva, or several other WWE Superstars. From Michael “P.S.” Hayes’ in-ring moonwalk, to WWE Tag Team Champion The Miz’s fedora, to Maria oftentimes sporting a single glove, Jackson’s Thriller has held a place in sports-entertainment lore for the past quarter-century – a milestone which the greatest selling album in music history celebrates with the release of Thriller 25.

Source: wwe.com/inside/news/StillaThrillerat25​

Last edited:
Hey i love your pic of maria. Scotty 2 hotty used to do the moonwalk

Who would have thought that MJ would have influenced the world of wrestling. (Well I knew he had for years but now heres proof)

MJ in general has impacted MJ.. not just THRILLER..

Hulk Hogan said back in (I think 1989-1990 ish) that many of the charecter development ideas that Vince came up with came from the idea musicians used to create an image for them through PR.. He mentioned KISS, Michael Jackson, Prince, and a couple others..

he said the change Vince jr. did came from the idea he got from seeing how musicians would take there celeb status higher by creating an image to sell the product..

P.S.... U know everytime I see Rey Mysterio does his enterance u KNOW I think of MICHAEL JACKSON.. And remember the little dances 'TOO COOL' used to do.. of course I thought of Mike every time he did the moonwalk..

wow, that's cool! Michael and his influence are everywhere!!! You rock Michael!!! :punk:

Last edited:
That is totally awesome. I am a Maria fan now. Michael Jackson deserve this respect and recognition. King Of Pop:punk:

I cant remeber what Wrestlemainia it was but it was a while ago but Spirit Squad were in a tag match and one of the members done a little MJ dance in the ring lol

Last edited:
Scotty 2 Hotty used to do the moonwalk in a lot of his matches.

The moonwalk is a "taunt" in almost all of the WWE Video Games.

The Thriller dance sequence is an entrance for created superstars in WWE video games. Tak a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JrmVR5jnWM

This is from the actual video game.

Back