Thriller Voted Number One in The 50 Greatest Music Videos

JennyC

Proud Member
Thriller has been voted number one by the British public in The 50 Greatest Music Videos of all-time. It was broadcast on Sunday night in the UK. Scream was also in the top 10, if you go to the channel 4 site you should be able to view parts of it. I thought there were a few odd choices in there, Britney Spears's Toxic was number two which I thought was a weird choice as I don't think it's that good. But it dawned on me that Thriller is still quite a scary video even today, I was in the house watching it on my own and I got a bit spooked. The Thriller video is still as fresh today as it was when it was first released, nothing can ever top it. It set the standard for music videos ever since and people have been trying to top it ever since, even MJ himself but it never can be.

GREAT NEWS!

But not a big surprise really! :lol:

How are you EVER gonna top Thriller ?? - No one can. - Especially now MJ's dead, he would have been the only one.

Thriller has been voted number one by the British public in The 50 Greatest Music Videos of all-time. It was broadcast on Sunday night in the UK. Scream was also in the top 10, if you go to the channel 4 site you should be able to view parts of it. I thought there were a few odd choices in there, Britney Spears's Toxic was number two which I thought was a weird choice as I don't think it's that good. But it dawned on me that Thriller is still quite a scary video even today, I was in the house watching it on my own and I got a bit spooked. The Thriller video is still as fresh today as it was when it was first released, nothing can ever top it. It set the standard for music videos ever since and people have been trying to top it ever since, even MJ himself but it never can be.

Yeah Jenny ( great name by the way! lol ) :yes:
MJ broke barriers with this. He raised the bar and broke it! :clapping:
I remember rushing home and even faking a 'sickie' so I could get a day off school to watch it on MTV..................good times! :wub:

Yeah Jenny ( great name by the way! lol ) :yes:
MJ broke barriers with this. He raised the bar and broke it! :clapping:
I remember rushing home and even faking a 'sickie' so I could get a day off school to watch it on MTV..................good times! :wub:

Yeah, those were good times, for me the best times.

^^^ yeah Dark S :clapping:
I know. I still remember the sheer excitment of seeing Thriller and how we all talked about it and tried to do the dance at break times in school! :yes:
I still have my old VHS video of it! lol awww

^^^ yeah Dark S :clapping:
I know. I still remember the sheer excitment of seeing Thriller and how we all talked about it and tried to do the dance at break times in school! :yes:
I still have my old VHS video of it! lol awww

Me too! I was 15-16 in 82-83 and also remember the excitement. People used to have Thriller parties. Can you imagine any video doing that?!

I saw this! Its the first time I watched the whole Thriller video all through since I was a little kid, maybe 7-8. Brilliant, love it and it defiantly deserved the win.

:clapping: Not surprised at Michael's win....But "Toxic" at Number 2?? WTF?? Kind of a slap in the face to Thriller.....:scratch:

Woo hoo we are all having fun talking about Thriller! :D
I posted about this on my twitter earlier this evening as was playing my itunes randomly ( as u do lol ) when Thriller video came on my i tunes!
:wub:
No other artist past present or future will EVER meet or match our Michael's Thriller! :wild::clapping:

:clapping: Not surprised at Michael's win....But "Toxic" at Number 2?? WTF?? Kind of a slap in the face to Thriller.....:scratch:

i think if toxic came out to be num1 then that would definilty be a slap in a face to thriller my opinion thriller, smooth criminal, beat it, scream and bad should have been in the top 5 but hey that's mean i think poker face and singles were in the top ten

i think if toxic came out to be num1 then that would definilty be a slap in a face to thriller my opinion thriller, smooth criminal, beat it, scream and bad should have been in the top 5 but hey that's mean i think poker face and singles were in the top ten

Toxic is still a slap in the face for Thriller, to be right behind it in 50 best music videos! That's just ridiculous! I agree though Thriller, SC, Beat It, Scream and Bad should have been in top 5 for sure...I mean, not just cuz we're MJ fans, but I really don't think anyone else BUT MJ should deserve top honours for pretty much all his videos.

Is this scary??? Ghost quote but MJ Thriller pic! :D

thriller.jpg

I still think the Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller. To me, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is better also.

Of course it was. No surprise there.
Great news though! lol. I love when I read this kind of stuff...because it's very true. :)

I still think the Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller. To me, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is better also.

I agree..I like SC better than Thriller.....Sledgehammer is an amazing video too...but in no way better than Thriller, imo

Thriller set the standerds for music videos but Smooth Criminal perfected it

Back