Thriller: The Musical Life of Michael Jackson by Nelson George

emmy18

Proud Member
What do you guys think of the book? I just read it i dunno, i mean considering i love music but not very intelligent when it comes to the way its created etc the heaps of mentions about different artists that inspired Michael throughout his career was interesting but kinda tedious to me, not enough about Michael and how he created it personally, for me anyway. I think he was a little critical sometimes of Michaels work especially for the Dangerous album but i guess not even Mike comes without faults. Btw i got annoyed cause he called Lisa-Marie: Priscilla accidently i guess lol but otherwise it was an ok read what do u guys think?

Sorry if this has already been posted or im a little late on the book just wanting to know what u guys think :)

I have not read this, but if you're looking for an EXCELLENT book that delves into each of his albums (Off the Wall - Invincible) in great detail of how he made it, how it was released, how singles were chosen, etc then PLEASE buy Michael Jackson Man in the Music, it's flawless.

I quite enjoyed George's book about a year ago. Although it does have some inaccuracies and bias, it gives an interesting insight into the context of the album. However, it's not even comparable to "Man In The Music". If you need one thorough book about Michael Jackson the artist, buy Joe Vogel's "Man In The Music". It's the best there is, and most likely the best we're going to get period.

Last edited:
Thanks guys im gonna buy Joe Vogels book now hehee yeh Georges just wasnt the best way to describe Michaels music so ill definitely look up Man in the Music thanks guys :D

Back