Thriller: The 5.1 album mix discussion

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
What happened to this project? I've heard that all his solo albums were mixed in 5.1 multichannel audio. This is what an insider said:

"I know who mixed it and where you can hear it but I can't say. Somewhere in town here.

The Jackson camp and Sony approved the terrible stereo SACD release (a great album with a terrible mix) but never released the 5.1 mix for release.

The people who have heard this mix in private listening sessions say it is INCREDIBLE. Really dynamic and a pretty ambitious mix which the music would lend itself towards. Sony's poored millions into the 5.1 mixes of Michael Jackson's albums."

- Jerry Del Colliano

Source: http://www.avrev.com/forum/dvd-audi...mixed-5-1-dvd-audio-but-never-released-3.html

So Michael disapproved the mixes. But will the estate release them?? It's possible to print those mixes on the Blu-Ray format!

That would be amazing. Michael's music heard like that. But if Michael disaproved, I do to.

Michael was a perfectionist. Even the dangerous tour concert in 1993 and the history tour of 1997 projects were rejected by him. And yet we enjoy watching them.

My guess is that this 5.1 project will low us away!

Especially with an amazing stereo. That would be such a rich and deep sound. I can almost imagine it giving a new feel to the songs, which would be pretty cool!

Never knew about this, can anyone light anymore information about this, and why it was done etc and when it was supposed to be released?

Any images of them?

Not much info is available at the moment. Maybe in the near future. Only insiders of the Sony Music Group know the details concerning this project.

Back