Thriller (Song) appreciation

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
This song does not get praised enough! This right here is a killer track! I must admit that i was one of the persons who overlooked this song but i just recently found my love for it again. The bridge is hands down one of the best bridges i have ever heard, and i was so mad that they/he didint include the bridge in the video or live performances.

My dream thriller live performance would look something like this

Intro - Verse 1 - Chorus - Bridge - Verse 2 - Chorus - Dance Routine- Ghost Score/Threatned.

I also love Thriller very much! :wub: It's one of the songs I never (!) skip. I use it as my ringtone and every time my phone goes off, people smile and give me thumbs up :)

Yes it gets slagged off a bit in the fan community for being supposedly overrated compared to MJ's other songs. But i think thats more due to frustration at peoples general ignorance rather than the quality of the song itself. It's got some great chords in it, a whacking bass hook, the great skip in the beat into beat 4. It is such a great demonstration of all the iconic synth sounds of the day, those opening huge chords after the little suspensfull intro are just so epic, thats when thriller the album just explodes, once those chords are here, it's like yeah i started with 3 fantastic tracks, but this is the point where i make your jaw drop and create history, and on we go to the killer hooks of beat it, the insanely amazing billie jean, the stunning human nature, the so high on life feel good funk of pyt and the incredible vocals of the lady in my life, but it's those thriller chords that really kick starts things for me. The song does indeed have a stunning bridge and i just love to play it nearly everyday on the piano :p it is just unique, no bridge really has this chromatic downwards shift in the bass and chord sequence towards the end of it, other than thriller. The chorus is just so catchy, one of the best chorus' in uptempo pop history. His vocals on the song totally kill it aswell, you can tell he's really into it, and then, if that wasn't enough, they go into the end section with vincent, the fantastic church organ, over the moog bass and the funk guitar type lines (that could well be a synth) that is such a great chord sequence, and vincent is totally great at his bit, add in the video and the whole thriller concept just screams epic. We should forget how it's all everyone else seems to talk about it, and imagine they did that with who is it or something, and try and see the song in it's own light, for me it really is a fantastic song, i say all this like it's my fav MJ song, it isn't, because i love them all, but sometimes i think thriller is treated unfairly, it's probably in my top 10 or 15

People bash the thriller album as a whole. Whilst I agree, the songs on it truly are outstanding. Thriller is no exception.

I must have heard Thriller a gazillion times yet every time I hear it, it's as fresh and exciting as the very first time. I never grow tired of this song and it would probably be a desert island choice for me if I had to make one. Sheer brilliance.

I had a dream last night I was dancing to it in a flash mob lol :p Gotta love THHHHHRIIIIIIILLLLLLLERRRRR

Back