Thriller sold 109 million copies?

RIP_2009

Proud Member
Ive heard over the past weeks that 109 million has been sold on this release.
Is there an official number?Any link that proves this?
Incredible if this is a fact :)

mixed reports from guiness world records. no one seems to know for sure

not just album has so much sales
all singles and so on too!
album alone just around 60 mio :)

That's worldwide...109 million is the updated figure as they were saying 50 million 15 years ago so yes its at 109 million today!

speaking of Thriller, im enjoying Thriller 25 with will.i.am.
Am i mistaken or did he actually do a new recording for " The girl is mine " on that album? At first i thought the entire thing was just remixes but there are parts in that song which he didn't sing in the original with Paul Mccartney

Yep.

The 'Thriller' project has lead to shipment/sales (not sure which) of 109 million 'units'.

We're just not sure if it means albums, singles, and VHS/DVD's added together, or if it means just albums.

With 'Thriller' being massive all over the world for nearly 27 years (unlike some artists/albums who are just big in one continent for a short time), I would not be at all surprised if 109 million albums had been 'shipped' worldwide.

Also, if we are to believe the claims that 'The Greatest Hit' by The Eagles has sales of 42 millon worldwide, despite most of the world saying "who?", then I certainly have no trouble in believing that 'Thriler' sold 109 million albums.

With recent events though, I think they might have to increase this figure fairly often!

Am i mistaken or did he actually do a new recording for " The girl is mine " on that album? At first i thought the entire thing was just remixes but there are parts in that song which he didn't sing in the original with Paul Mccartney

I'm not sure. I don't see why he wouldn't have though. On the same topic; did he do a new recording for 'Billie Jean Remix' with Kanye west?

The vocals sound similar to the vocals on the DEMO version which was released on the CD single ;)

63 million

thanks for update
no one cares about my post
but we know it

just album alone sold worldwide 63mio

album, singles... of thriller ... sold together around 109mio :)

I love that remix!

SHE MINE
SHE MINE
SHE MINE

Mike sounded great on that one!

No one knows the exact figure of what Thriller has sold but if you include the sales of Thriller 25 then it is around 70-75 million copies. The 109 million figure includes the sales of all the singles that were released from the album.

The Girls Is Mine remix on Thriller 25 had vocals from the original demo recording that just had Michael singing himself, the only new vocal that was the 2008 version of The Girl Is Mine is when Will.I.Am. says 'MJ make it hot' and MJ shouts out 'HOT'. The vocals on Wanna Be Startin Something 2008 were completely new and For All Time was a mixture of new vocals and vocals from the original recording.

Last edited:
63 million is for ages ago...Thriller worldwide has now sold around 106-7 Million worldwide, I guess!

63 million is for ages ago...Thriller worldwide has now sold around 106-7 Million worldwide, I guess!

again NOOO :no:
we already explained...
its a big mistake
not alone album of thriller sold so much

Yes, it has, according to me it has sold 310 million worldwide, I don´t base it on anything, I just count it out of my head, so it´s official to me that it is 310 million copies. I mean album only, not singles etc, then it would be maybe 500-600 million, if you count all copies everything everyone has on their computer etc, maybe its 5 billion. These are my numbers. If it officially says 60 or 109 million is not my problem. I use my own numbers.

What about Thriller 25! Will the sales generated from Thriller 25 be counted together with Thriller (original)?

well i wouldnt be suprised, Because when michael was at the world music awards in 2006 it had sold 104 copies.

So you never know.

But then again 104 is unbelievable anyone in the music business haven't even sold that many copies in their whole career its one album unbelievable.

What about Thriller 25! Will the sales generated from Thriller 25 be counted together with Thriller (original)?

Well the US treated Thriller and Thriller 25 separately but some other countries haven't. I you add the sales of Thriller and Thriller 25 together though it is somewhere between 70-75 million.

Back