Thriller Live - Is it any good?

Fiona

Guests
I've always been in two minds about this show and it's touring near where I live so I'm tempted to go and see it. Have any of you guys been? Was it a good night out?

I've always been in two minds about this show and it's touring near where I live so I'm tempted to go and see it. Have any of you guys been? Was it a good night out?

THRILLER LIVE is something ALL fans need to see. Its not the usual cash in on "Michael music is trendy so lets make some money holding a "tribute show" " It began about 4 or 5 years ago, long before being a Michael fan was trendy and cool. It is created by Adrian Grant, the same guy who created OFF THE WALL fanzine, MJNI and MJWN fanclubs and who wrote The Visual Documentry. Its a proper tribute show, for fans created by a genuine fan. You will cry, you will be amazed, you will see some amazing talent

I agree. I can only recommend, if you have the chance, you should deff. see it. You'll be thrilled, moved, touched. And you will also enjoy it. :)

Thriller Live has been created by Mr.Adrian Grant of 'Michael Jackson-The visual documentary' which is amazing! The show has been running VERY successfully for quite a few years, has even won prestigious awards and is a MUST SEE for all fans! Take your friends and family along, everyone would love it!LONG LIVE THE KING OF POP!!!

Fiona, if they are touring near where you live you should definitely go to see the show! :yes: I went to see it twice last year when they were touring Finland and I can tell you it's great! By the time they started to perform songs like Billie Jean or Thriller the audience was already going nuts and enjoying the show wholeheartedly! :clapping::dancin:

Definitely need to see it. I saw it last year in Warsaw and I really loved it. I would love to see it again if I have a chance. Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal were great!

It appeared near me on June 26th of this year..unfortunately...I wasn't ready to see it. I had the money..I just wasn't ready...Now I kick myself for NOT seeing it.

I saw Thriller live three times: once 28.07. last year, on the day, that would've been a concert evening for my and my friend, but we decided to go to Thriller live (bitter sweet pleasure), then around the launch of TII and in march 2010 in Graz in Austria because I live nearby.

Thriller Live is amazing and I hope I do get to see it again! The singing is mostly live, the atmosphere is amazing and while the audience was enthousiastic as hell you could notice they were in fact cheering for Michael's music, not the dancers. At least that's the feeling I got.

It appeared near me on June 26th of this year..unfortunately...I wasn't ready to see it. I had the money..I just wasn't ready...Now I kick myself for NOT seeing it.

I know how you feel. I considered seeing this show when I was in London "for the concert" in July 2009. But I couldn't bring myself to go, it was too much for me.

I saw this show in 2008 when Michael was still alive, it is a great show!

I planned on going last year too but i couldnt go because i had a miscarriage.

If the show will be back here i wil surely go and see it.

Thriller Live is amazing and I definitely recommend you to go see it :dancin: The cast are excellent and talented performers. It's got plenty of moments where you feel like dancing and at other times it's very touching. I went overseas to London last July and was extremely lucky to have thrillerchild and kingofpop10 take me to Thriller Live at West End :D I would love to see it again

I've seen it 4 times at the Lyric Theatre and I would absolutely recommend it!! :D

oooo cant wait to see it then in November for my 19th Birthday!! :D :dance:

You should DEFINITELY see it. It's not what you're thinking it may be (cashing in) it was created by the fans for the fans and many of the artists and dancers in the show are huge fans of MJ. I've seen in twice, once in 2007 in Newcastle and again in June of this year and the second time round was even better than the first time because they added new songs like Jam and Heartbreak Hotel to the show. I also think judging by some of the sequences in the show that they drew some inspiration from TII. It's the closest you can get to watching MJ live now.

Yeah, its absolutly brilliant, I love it. As has been said this isn't a cash in as it was done way before Michael passed and its been great to see it be so successful. It was originally only meant to run for 6 months at the Lyrics when it opened in Jan 2009 but has now been extended until May 2011 so that is great to see. Really want to see it again.

I didn't like it, i thought it was a bit all over the place, there are two different groups performing it so maybe i got the worse of the two. In saying that you should still go yourself and form your own opinion but i reckon it is more suited towards women then men, i didn't last the whole show it was that bad.

I've seen it twice, once in a local theatre and once at the lyric. I enjoyed the second performance as much as the first and the others who were with me who had all seen it before too all agreed that no 2 performances are the same (they do actually chop and change some of the songs from time to time). I would definitely recommend you going to see it if not once, then a million times :D

If you're a man simply go If only to see one of the lead singers Zoe Birkett, she's so hot! What a body! Lol on a serious note, you have to see the concert. It was im my country last month and I took my girlfriend. She was singing along louder than I was. To think she didn't even know much about MJ when we met 3 years ago. I like that the show is not stuck in the 80s. Every Era except Invincible was covered. Go see it.

I saw it in London in July 2009. I had a good time, but I did not find it as excellent as most people here seem to, to be totally honest. Perhaps this was somewhat due to my spirits being dampened for obvious reasons at the time.

The singers were good but not great on average: some were really good, others not so much (not because they were bad singers, but because I felt their style of singing did not fit MJ's songs). I found the dancing a bit disappointing. During moments where MJ's choreography was directly followed, the execution was pretty sloppy at times. You will see much better dancing at fan parties. Also, I did not understand why some classic pieces of choreography were slightly changed (and not for the better!), such as the Beat It dance. However, hearing a live band play MJ songs is always a treat, and this band did not disappoint. And the crowd sure ate it up: after a few songs people started moving, and by the end the whole theatre was standing and dancing.

I would say: definitely go if they are in your area, but don't raise your expectations too much. Just my two cents! :)

Back