'Thriller' co-star becomes Jackson creditor

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
Tue Aug 25, 1:03 pm ET
LOS ANGELES – Court records show Michael Jackson's love interest in the "Thriller" video, Ola Ray, is now a creditor to the King of Pop's estate.
Ray's attorney filed paperwork in Los Angeles last week stating she is a creditor to the singer's estate and is owed an undetermined amount of money.
The actress sued Jackson in April, claiming he had failed to pay her royalties that she was due from the "Thriller" video for the past four years.
That suit, and two others filed by "Thriller" director John Landis, remain unresolved. One of Landis' lawsuits claimed he also hadn't been paid royalties on the "Thriller" video for several years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090825/ap_en_ot/us_jackson_ola_ray

interesting.....

didn't she come on a tv show before or after he died and said that it was all a big misunderstanding and it wasn't Michael who owed her money I'm pretty sure of that

I've heard of this before. it's not new. she came out after June 25th and said that she had no hard feelings toward Michael and that earlier she had thought that *he* hadn't paid her her due, whereas it was actually his insurance company.

it was Thome Thome who didn't pay her NOT michael!.......still want to blame that guy haha. I dont know who his person was back then but he/she was no better then thome.

It's called MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER!! in big dripping red thriller font!

not Michael Jackson's and Ola Ray's thriller or his and John Landis's.

Well, if Ola and John were entitled by contract to receive royalties or sales of "Making Michael Jackson's Thriller" I don't see why they shouldn't claim what they deserve.

exactly..

And they had a part in the video.....If they didnt get paid its their right to do something about it.
It doesnt mean they are hating on Michael.

If she is owed money then by all means she should get paid, but she has yet to give details as to how much she is owed. I hope she is not about to pull some astronomical number out of her head.. I am sure she will have to pull out her contract and prove that she suppose to be paid royalties and wasn't just credited as an extra.

shit like this is not uncommmon. with projects like it, you cant exctly pay each and every person involved every single time a video is watched or a cd is sold. landis has said his suit is not vicious, its simply the easiest way to be paid. file legal papers then let the lawyers organise the payments. remember, mj used a whole long list of directors, producers, actors, technicians etc. and its not like he could have each of them on a weekly payroll. they get paid periodically and suits like this are simply an easy way to get the payments made. the estate will pay ola and continue to periodically pay her in the same way, as with landis and co.

It's called MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER!! in big dripping red thriller font!

not Michael Jackson's and Ola Ray's thriller or his and John Landis's.
Mike didn't make it by himself. He didn't even put the "dripping red font" on the video. John even wrote the disclaimer at the beginning, not Michael. Anyway, it's really Rod Temperton's Thriller, since he wrote the song.

lol this is not about who's it is this is about a person who went and told people she wasn't going to go after the money then goes and does what she said she wasn't. She kinda flip-flopped alot throughout this whole damn thing.

John Landis "most likely" has a claim. I mean, he was being paid at one point and then payment stopped. I'm sure that whole thing will be resolved.

Now, Ola Ray is a whole other thing. She was NOT being paid and her payment just stopped. She had received money from the Actor's Guild, years ago. As a matter of fact, she ALREADY made this claim in court and the Judge dimissed it. Before Michael died, she REFILED her previous claims.

Now if Michael was still alive, he may have thrown her a bone, because if she was struggling, him and his big heart would have wanted to help her out.

JOHN BRANCA is another story! (And wasn't Branca around during the whole Thriller process? If so, he will definitely know what time it is and exactly how to deal with this situation.)

John's lawuit is completely valid, as per the original contract Michael and John shared royalties 50-50 so that's that.
I wonder though has anyone EVER heard of an actress requesting royalties for a one time job? All these actreses usually get a single payment for heir job and that's it.

I though it was odd that she was requesting payment too. Maybe there was a flaw in the contact she signed and that's why the original judge dismissed it, but regardless, if it's in writing somewhere, I"m sure the lawyers will find it, and give her what she is due. If she's due anything.

Back