Thriller certified 28x Platinum (Merged)

Calotte12

Proud Member
RIAA website:

Artist JACKSON, MICHAEL
Title THRILLER
Certification Date 03/06/2009
Label EPIC
Award Description 28.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Format ALBUM
Category SOLO
Type ST

Re: Thriller certified 28x Platinum

thanks for the update :yes:

RIAA, that's just American sales, isn't it?

kd3h4z.gif

GREAT! He will once again hopefully be overtaking THE EAGLES GREATEST HITS in the very near future!

thanks for the update :yes:

RIAA, that's just American sales, isn't it?

yep..that's america. what's funny is, that i googled up riaa..and the google definition says that they're a trade group that CLAIMS to represent the american recording industry. lol

Its about dog gone time!

Now what was it before this?.....26? So the increase was 2 million, right?

Hasn't "Thriller" been certified 28x platinum in the U.S. for a for a while now? I've been seeing that number for the longest.

No its was 27... only 1 million :)

This statement made me laugh SO hard. "Only 1 million?" Do you have any idea how many artists DREAM of a day when they release an album that sells even close to a million albums. It is rare. And, this is a man selling a 25 year old album TO THIS DAY! It will never end.

Keep on laughing and if you are a generous person, fly me to London in July...yes? Any takers? I'm a really nice guy.

This statement made me laugh SO hard. "Only 1 million?" Do you have any idea how many artists DREAM of a day when they release an album that sells even close to a million albums. It is rare. And, this is a man selling a 25 year old album TO THIS DAY! It will never end.

Keep on laughing and if you are a generous person, fly me to London in July...yes? Any takers? I'm a really nice guy.

Loll I know was joking :p

i wish they would update the other albums.

Thriller certified 28x multi platinum by riaa

THRILLER CERTIFIED 28X MULTI PLATINUM BY RIAA
7th March 2009

Certification date came right after the King of Pop appearance on the O2 arena on Thursday the 5 of March. Congratulations Michael Jackson!

Artist JACKSON, MICHAEL
Title THRILLER
Certification Date 03/06/2009
Label EPIC
Award Description 28.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Format ALBUM
Category SOLO
Type ST

Source: RIAA

I dont believe in this crap anymore..its been so many yrs since Im listenin to this fact that Eagles Greatets Hits album is biggest selling album in America..Thriller didnt sell even a single copy in america after 93??And it was greatest hits album and greatest hits sell to some extent and to extent of some yrs but Thriller was original studio album which still sell millions of copies.How the hell it could sell 108 million copies(if Sony Australia has to be believed) and still its on 2nd position in America.I remember Michael in one interview said its all conspiracy here in America and now its very much clear that how pathetic people could be when it comes to Michael Jackson:(.Hold him back as much as possible just to fulfill their parasitic needs.I never liked many of the Eagles songs I never kept up with Eagles anyway but this thing is for sure stupid now.I dont believe that Eagles Greatest Hits is above Thriller in sales in America.

ITS ONE OF THE BIGGEST CRAP!!!!!!

Re: Thriller certified 28x multi platinum by riaa

OMG!! The prizes are coming back too! woohooo:p!

Great news!

Re: Thriller certified 28x multi platinum by riaa

Wow thats such good news, well done Michael.
Everything is just gonna start kicking off again now

I dont believe in this crap anymore..its been so many yrs since Im listenin to this fact that Eagles Greatets Hits album is biggest selling album in America..Thriller didnt sell even a single copy in america after 93??And it was greatest hits album and greatest hits sell to some extent and to extent of some yrs but Thriller was original studio album which still sell millions of copies.How the hell it could sell 108 million copies(if Sony Australia has to be believed) and still its on 2nd position in America.I remember Michael in one interview said its all conspiracy here in America and now its very much clear that how pathetic people could be when it comes to Michael Jackson:(.Hold him back as much as possible just to fulfill their parasitic needs.I never liked many of the Eagles songs I never kept up with Eagles anyway but this thing is for sure stupid now.I dont believe that Eagles Greatest Hits is above Thriller in sales in America.

i agree with you. like google said..this group CLAIMS to represent the american recording industry.

Thriller is still in demand!

I third this motion; Thriller sales are more than likely in the 30-40 million range in the U.S. alone. (IMO)

I third this motion; Thriller sales are more than likely in the 30-40 million range in the U.S. alone. (IMO)
Ya true,thriller should be between 35-45 million in U.S alone.but no Eagles Greatest Hits is biggest sellil album of all time in America cuz it sells 1 million copies every yr.in America..lol which is really a joke..

hmmm...I'm thinking I may agree....

Ya true,thriller should be between 35-45 million in U.S alone.but no Eagles Greatest Hits is biggest sellil album of all time in America cuz it sells 1 million copies every yr.in America..lol which is really a joke..
ummm, I didn't even know about the eagles until I became an MJ fan, lol. I still, the only song I know of theirs is hotel something-or-another lol. Ok, I'm not a hater (-_-maybe a little??) But who bought all these cd's??
when did the eagles thingy come out??

ok, but anyway, I'm happy for MJ, whoooooooooooo!:punk:

I think Thriller sold more than 28 million copies in US too. How many I don't know, but 35-45 million seems reasonable to me!

Hopefully if sales were anything like they were last year then we should see Number Ones getting a 2x Platinum certification by the end of the year :).

Back