Thriller 40th Anniversary

That's quite sad, but then again as I said Michael probably knew exactly where to get what he wanted but nobody else. Clearly did not know he was going to die and thought I have plenty of years to sort out my stuff. It's a lesson for us all keep all your houses in order you never know when that day may come.

Why are we all assuming the Estate hasn't made an inventory, I'm pretty sure they have catalogued the vast majority of MJ's artistic output. If you sign a record breaking 10 album deal the logical thing would be to make that a priority.

I think the bigger problem is or was who is in possession of what. Michael had dozens of people working on his music. It's a problem if Michael had a tape of lead vocals while another producer had the tape with background vocals and another one had the tape which recorded Michael's beatboxing.

It all doesn't matter, the Estate clearly stated not a lot is left so they clearly checked his hard discs or tapes or whatever it is all recorded and stored on.

Bemoaning that makes zero sense, everybody works the way he wants to work.
If we go that far we can easily start nagging about why he didn't finish a record in one session. Some of his songs were decades in the making, if he felt comfortable working like that then who are we to criticize it.
It is clear if he really wanted to, if he had a different way of working there would be dozens of extra tracks available.

If you add up all the songs that got leaked since the dawn of internet or didn't end up on a studio album you can easily make 5 discs (10 tracks per disc) worth of material. That is quite substantial and if all parties involved were a bit more honest and true these wouldn't have leaked and we wouldn't now bemoan the fact that there is not a lot left that we haven't heard.

A new unofficial magazine has popped up on the shelves in stores around the US, which is dedicated to Michael’s “Thriller” album, as we gear up to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

The 96 pager is produced by A360 Media and features Michael’s story, from his early days in Indiana with the Jackson 5, to the success of “Off the Wall” and how he followed that up with “Thriller.” The magazine focuses on specific tracks from the album, videos and also the legacy the groundbreaking album has left. The 12 chapters of the magazine are:

A new unofficial magazine has popped up on the shelves in stores around the US, which is dedicated to Michael’s “Thriller” album, as we gear up to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

The 96 pager is produced by A360 Media and features Michael’s story, from his early days in Indiana with the Jackson 5, to the success of “Off the Wall” and how he followed that up with “Thriller.” The magazine focuses on specific tracks from the album, videos and also the legacy the groundbreaking album has left. The 12 chapters of the magazine are:
FfxNtvUXEAE_yFx

WELCOME TO MY THRILLER WEEK!!
It wouldn't be Halloween without homage to MJ's THRILLER (choreographed by Michael Peters). So I'm calling the next 7 days "Thriller Week" and we're celebrating Mike's groundbreaking short film for the entire week leading up to Halloween. Join me with your favorite Thriller memories and thoughts in the comments!
🎃

I talk about my experience working on THRILLER in my book (https://linktr.ee/iconsandinstincts) but I also want to hear about your relationship to this incredible music, amazing choreography and Mike's daring performance.

Facebook/VINCENTPATERSONOFFICIAL

312277398_517618463696196_7836159870198983137_n.jpg

the current musical is set in 1992.

the posthumous album ‘xscape’ was mostly made up of songs from the 90s-2000s (though it was the ‘83 song that was the big hit).

two other albums received official full length documentaries prior.

it’s ‘thriller’s turn. it’s the crown jewel for not only Michael, but the music industry as a whole. it’s what made him a legend in the first place, and paved the way for what came after. it deserves the attention it’s receiving now.

I really just hope the doc will be positive and good. I hope for studio footage and live footage from Victory tour. - The OFW doc had live footage, so the Thriller doc could and should also include some live footage.

I really hope it will succeed to get Thriller to become a #1 hit.

the current musical is set in 1992.

the posthumous album ‘xscape’ was mostly made up of songs from the 90s-2000s (though it was the ‘83 song that was the big hit).

two other albums received official full length documentaries prior.

it’s ‘thriller’s turn. it’s the crown jewel for not only Michael, but the music industry as a whole. it’s what made him a legend in the first place, and paved the way for what came after. it deserves the attention it’s receiving now.
It truly is.

I was listening to spotify to random tracks from various artists and out of nowhere an advertisement with thriller playing came on for Halloween.

That will already be in a physical edition because YouTube does not serve for HDR although support is a complex and technical issue

So I hope that someday soon they will make a boxset as a vision but really with all the videos in 4K and HDR with dolby atmos or DTS
I hope so too but I have a feeling that they might just release a normal Blu-Ray. Are there music videos by other artists/bands on 4K BD yet?

Sorry for my ignorance - but what does it mean that a 4K release have HDR ? :)
It means high dynamic range. I don't know everything about it but movies with HDR have much better looking and more accurate colors. Also bright parts of the image can be brighter. They and dark parts can reveal more detail than before.

Last edited:
But, as far as I know, you as a consumer can only enjoy HDR format videos if you own a HDR compatible TV or computer screen.

Terrible marketing stragedy to release Thriller in 4K 14 days after Halloween...

A kindergarden child could plan that better... Thriller should have been released in 4K a week before Halloween, so even if it comes today or tomorrow it seems a bit late to really capitalize on Halloween. But today or tomorrow would no doubt be better than next month...

Great choice. This release is Amazing.

No matter what the 2 remaining songs are this is great. And if we do get the videos in 4K… best release since BAD25

We just have to appreciate what we can get from the estate. It's nothing we can do. I'm finally accepting this & I'm looking forward to the 4k shorts & hd unreleased tracks BUT the estate never said resorting the original demos. Xscape just so happen to have hd leaks of what was released on that album. But I will be pissed if they're in the same quality we've been had

Back