Thriller 40th Anniversary

Disney ain't gonna touch this with a 10 foot pole. So obviously, ABC/Disney+/Hulu is out.

HBO Max hates new content nowadays don't it.

Peacock is just NBC on steroids.

And Netflix, I would boycott just for the principle.

There really isn't many options now to be fair. Just put it on YouTube with ads please.

andjustice4some - Fan account for Michael Jackson
@andjustice4some
·
51 Min.

Breaking: According to Rich and Tone, the #Thriller40 documentary is coming to Showtime! Thank you so much
@Rich_and_Tone
for everything you do!
Tweet zitieren

Rich+Tone Talauega
@Rich_and_Tone
·
53 Min.
Antwort an @andjustice4some
It’s coming to Showtime
if this information is true, it will be on brand for Michael. showtime aired ‘the legend continues’.
although I’m slightly disappointed with the delay, I’m glad that time is being taken to properly edit the documentary, and make it the best it can be.

if this information is true, it will be on brand for Michael. showtime aired ‘the legend continues’.
although I’m slightly disappointed with the delay, I’m glad that time is being taken to properly edit the documentary, and make it the best it can be.
Did they say anything specific about a new release date?

Showtime... I don't have that. Don't think they are in Denmark at all?

But the tweet doe not seem very official? - So I am still waiting for official news. And the nhopefully it will be aired 10-14 days after the annoncement. Don't want to wait any more. And the entire T40 campaign (if there ever was one...) is dead. So really the doc comes waaay to late anyway. I see no way it will boost sales og increase interest in T40 now. - Maybe the original Thriller album, but not T40.

Hope they have heard the feedback and realized that live and studio footage was what most people enjoyed and then edited more of that into the finale doc we all getto see.

They shouldn't call the documentary Thriller 40-docu anyway, just documentation on Making of Thriller-album. I think it should be a timeless documentary that can be shown again and again for replay as the Thriller album is always current. In principle, it can help to establish Thriller as a permanent charter or that the album is always back in the charts. The charts only show Thriller anyway, no matter which Thriller album is bought and ultimately this is only in the interest of Thriller's success.

They shouldn't call the documentary Thriller 40-docu anyway, just documentation on Making of Thriller-album. I think it should be a timeless documentary that can be shown again and again for replay as the Thriller album is always current. In principle, it can help to establish Thriller as a permanent charter or that the album is always back in the charts. The charts only show Thriller anyway, no matter which Thriller album is bought and ultimately this is only in the interest of Thriller's success.
Totally agree.

The making of Thriller title is already used... But then they could release is alongside The making of Thriller.

I hope the doc gets a timeless name and not T40. BAD25 should just have been Making of BAD. - OTW did not have a number attached. Hope the same goes for the Thriller doc.

Did they say anything specific about a new release date?
I just responded to what was posted here. I have no inside information I’m afraid..

we don’t have showtime in the uk either. however, it’s likely that the documentary will be distributed through different networks internationally, whether that’s through television, online streaming, or physical release. the past two documentaries were shown on the bbc💜 - which I was able to see. unfortunately due to the brief profanity, it was shown after watershed, limiting its audience 🙁 I really hope this isn’t a problem for ‘thriller 40’, for many reasons..

the past two documentaries were shown on the bbc💜 - which I was able to see. unfortunately due to the brief profanity, it was shown after watershed, limiting its audience 🙁 I really hope this isn’t a problem for ‘thriller 40’, for many reasons..

That will most certainly be a problem given Landis’ Mickey Mouse impression (yet another reason to cross off Disney+ or ABC or Hulu). Arguably one of the most memorable moments! The whole theatre was in stitches!

Last edited:
That will most certainly be a problem given Landis’ Mickey Mouse impression (yet another reason to cross off Disney+ or ABC or Hulu). Arguably one of the most memorable moments! The whole theatre was in stitches!
That wouldn't bother Hulu at all technically.

I hope for some official statement soon.
I hope they make it available for all/many countries to broadcast. The Estate has made the doc - they can only have interest in the doc being showed to as many people as possible. It's a positive doc regarding MJ's music. - People will wanna buy MJ songs after seeing it.

Release it already !!!

It's confusing that not a word is said about the thriller documentary, it was very disappointing with the thriller40 project

i think thriller 40 got cucked by the estate itself and miscommunication between them and sony.

i believe sony wanted to go full on in advertisement and push with the album and celebration, but the estate wanted this to be a quiet release, which led to the very confusing release we've had.

i also think the brad leaks has postponed/cancelled the thriller 40 doccumentary, as alot of footage got leaked out and i dont think the estate wants to release any new footage for a good while because of it.

that’s unfortunate 🙁 but they could always edit or censor..

i think thriller 40 got cucked by the estate itself and miscommunication between them and sony.

i believe sony wanted to go full on in advertisement and push with the album and celebration, but the estate wanted this to be a quiet release, which led to the very confusing release we've had.

i also think the brad leaks has postponed/cancelled the thriller 40 doccumentary, as alot of footage got leaked out and i dont think the estate wants to release any new footage for a good while because of it.
I agree about the miscommunication, but I see no reason to cancel the docu over that Brad stuff. They're just choosing to wait a while for some reason. If anything, it's the catalog interest sell, maybe they're trying to make something happen there, since the Doc would be one of the things any partner would receive revenue in, and therefore have a vested interest in promoting and supporting.

Back