Thriller 25 Japan Edition - Question to those who have it

The Lost Child

Proud Member
I recently bought Japan release of "Thriller 25". I am confused when it comes down to the stickers. On the obi strip I got one with number: 626837 and on the sleeve witt 900264. Look at this:
thrillerb.jpg

Has the one who sold me it misplaced the obi from another copy?
I do not know Japanese, so I can only assume the sticker says it's limited edition.
Could someone who own this cd check, if he also has different numbers on stickers?
Thank you for your help:)

Hey TLC,

First up the yellow stickers show that the item is a promotional item. The CD was probably given to a store for demonstration purposes etc.

I have many items like this (probably 30 or 40 I reckon), and have never seen 2 stickers with the same number. I'm not 100% sure what the numbers mean or if they should match, but either way what you have there is a really nice item!

Also, take a look at the inner ring of the CD and you'll probably see the word "sample" or some japanese characters which translate to that.

MJJDC,
indeed, you're right, on the inner ring there is "Sample - Loaned".
Thank you very much for your explanation :flowers:

lol, i didn't take a notice on this "sample loaned" before, now I did:
# Usually, Japanese music companies give out freely a bunch of these to the media. These CDs are marked "SAMPLE-LOANED" in the inner ring of the disc (the dash is supposed to be a dot in the middle), and the barcodes on their jackets might be covered by a yellow label full of small Japanese characters. What that yellow label is telling you is that the disc is for promotional purpose only, and it is prohibited to be sold as the retail version; the CD must be returned to the source where you have borrowed it from.
# Though sample CDs are usually of the same stock (same in quality and even same in packaging and bonus) as the legal first press retail version, only the sale of retail version makes it to the Oricon chart (and in turn make your favorite musician famous and wealthy). The sample CDs might be purchased at some Japanese music stores if you personally ask them, but they will not be displayed on the shelves. Rumor has it that people will despise you if you bring such a sample CD to the autograph event.
who cares, they advices not to buy such. I like my Japanese Thriller anyway ;)

Back