thriller 25 celebrations at tribeca film festival

mijacfan

Proud Member
in sundays new post they hava a little article about the tribeca film festival in new york city. they say the highlight of the festival is thursdays 25 anniversary celebration of michael jacksons thriller video complete with a mj look a like contest and the world largest zombie disco party. if any body is intersted in going contact the tribecafilmfestival.org

Special Thriller Screening At Tribeca Film Festival

Celebrating the 25th anniversary of Thriller a special Thriller Night will take place at the Tribeca Film Festival 2008 (NY, USA) on April 24 starting at 7:30 pm.

You can join filmmaker and “Thriller” video director John Landis for a special 25th anniversary screening of Michael Jackson’s epic 1984 music video, plus the classic Making of Thriller. Learn the Thriller dance and take part in the world’s largest zombie disco. Become a zombie at the Thriller face-painting station. Cast your ballot at the Michael Jackson look-alike contest.

The are kicking off the evening with a classic Solid Gold Dance Party. . . and bringing out the ghouls as soon as the sun goes down.

Click Here for more details and ticket information.

Source: MJFC

Last edited:
Woot!! I'd say there were 5,000+ fans at this event last night.

I resized these because I don't want anyone having my HQ versions, but here you guys go!! (Just SOME of MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY pictures taken by me last night. :)

Ont of many huge signs. :happy:
img0888xw4.jpg

This was while they were setting up. I thought all the Michael's looked so cool!! I also helped set up all of the chairs, etc. I can now officially say I was involved in the party more than most. ;)
img0902gn0.jpg

Here is a close up of the Thriller 25 poster and me showing off the glove that they handed out! They let us dip out hand in glitter, so that was cool. :p However, they actually used duck tape to tape the posters on. Since my friend and I were there from 12:00PM and on, I kept harassing them about it. I asked if I could have one and they kept yelling at me. The reason I kept begging was because they said to me that they were going to destroy them after the event, but if we wanted them, we'd have to rip them off after the event was done. Well... I harassed the guy so much, he gave me 2 MINT posters before even being hung with the suck tape. Now, I have never seen these versions of the Thriller 25 promo posters, so I am assuming these are very rare. The size is bigger than 24x36, which is also another big plus!!! :D
img0925kw7.jpg

How could I resist a good ol' picture with Pete? This was right after I got my zombie makeover. :p Pete and I actually were invited up on stage and both won an MJ Thriller Trivia contest. Our prize was the Deluxe Casebook Edition of Thriller 25. :wild:
img0930cy4.jpg

Here is a sweet picture of my friend and I. Completely awesome. ;)
img0932ck2.jpg

Here is what the Thriller Short Film looks like on a big screen. :D It looks a lot brighter and all, but taking a picture in that nighttime setting was difficult.
img0969zd3.jpg

img0977iy1.jpg

Here is a picture of Jon Landis from my front row and center seat. People still stood in front, though. Jon was reminiscing about how much he enjoyed working with Michael and his memories of Thriller. After this picture, he introduced The Making Of Thriller. :)
img0983fy4.jpg

img0995ux5.jpg

img1002ks2.jpg

The wonderful and great Jon Landis with my friend and I. Jon was different than I thought he would be. He is actually very warm and happy. He's just an all around great person. I thanked him for everything he had done for Michael and told him that he needs to work with Michael again. :p
img0998hg9.jpg

I went to the event with nothing and came home with the 2 posters, a glitter glove, a zombie makeover, a Deluxe Casebook Edition of Thriller 25 that I won in that trivia contest... AND, I had Jon Landis and Vincent Patterson (Zombie in Thriller, gang leader in Beat It and assisted in some choreography) autograph my Deluxe Casebook Edition of Thriller 25! How cool is it to have Jon Landis write MY name and autograph my Thriller 25? :p I also, came home with this cool popcorn bag... Hey, come on. It referenced Thriller and makes a wonderful addition to my collection! The best thing I came home with were the memories of my first Michael Jackson fan celebration... And what occasion? THRILLER!! And who with? JON FREAKING LANDIS!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
img1000vx1.jpg

I do have a lot of video footage of Jon up close and Jon on stage and some of the movies playing and a lot more pictures of the event, but here are the highlights for you all. Hope you enjoyed!!! I know I did...

Last edited:
Film Festival Party For Thriller Anniversary

(25-4-08) The Tribeca Film Festival's Drive-In program hosted a free event for the community on Thursday to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thriller, the number one selling album of all time. In addition to the complementary white gloves, many children took advantage of the Thriller face painting station to look like the ghoulish dancers from the classic video.

It was a light-hearted celebration without its guest of honor. Francesco Carbonara, a horticulturist in his early 50's from Queens stated,

He's not here, but I feel like he is...I didn't expect such a huge turnout from all of these fans."

Irma Vega from Brooklyn, who brought her two kids to the event said,

It [the Thriller album] was the best! I used to watch the tape and rewind it over and over to learn the dance moves."

In the spirit of the Film Festival, the program's feature was an open-aired screening of the theatrical music video. The program was MC'd by Vincent Peterson, long-time Michael Jackson choreographer and host of the Bravo network's reality television series 'Step it Up & Dance.' Peterson instructed the crowd in some Thriller Dancing 101, and then had the cast of his show perform the routine live. Peterson then introduced John Landis, the director of the Thriller video, as well as a veteran actor, director and producer who shared some anecdotes from the making of the historic video.

Source: Epoch Times

Ooo... Gosh. I remember all that. I wish I could go again. *sigh* Thanks for the video!

Back