Threatened question

This Is It

Proud Member
As somebody not very musically enclined, how is Threatened so groovy and funky in TII? Is it a distorted guitar, bass, what?

Its a bass, think its a Minimoog, classic 80's synth. Was also used on some songs from Thriller including PYT

Its a bass, think its a Minimoog, classic 80's synth. Was also used on some songs from Thriller including PYT

Thanks! Here's an article on the keyboards used in his songs and This Is It: http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/michael-jackson-/September-2009/99883

The synth basses on “Thriller,” “P.Y.T.,” and “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’.” Those were my two Richie Walbourn-modified Minimoogs, set side by side, with engineer Bruce Swedien’s special multiple-mono compression.

Cool! Nice groove!

EDIT: Please have you got a download link? I love it!

Nice I like! You play? me too! cool beans!:clapping:

Yeah I'm thinking that the Lead synthesizer was more upfront on "This Is It" but it kinda blends in the song on "Invincible" cause of the intro over top of it. I find if you set your EQ on something like a Jazz setting it puts that instrument more upfront. Since that band focuses on those certain instruments. So I always heard it but I love how it sounds on This Is It.:wub:

Which other instruments/effects were used apart from the Minimoog?

Back