Those of you from the USA..how do you get a passport?

LindaC781

Proud Member
Like what things do you need to do to get a passport? I never got one...not that I need one right now, but how do you go about getting one?

Like what things do you need to do to get a passport? I never got one...not that I need one right now, but how do you go about getting one?

It has been a while (mine has a year left before it expires) but you will need a photo that is officially for a passport. Some Walgreens advertise they will do it but I for get where else. It is special as it has to be straight on. (Oh, I remember... AAA will do passport photos as well but a lot of other places do too I'm sure). You will also need a copy of your birth certificate and I think one other form of ID. You should be able to get this info on a website of your local government. That is where you will ultiately have to go to apply. It can take over a month for it to go through.

Here is an url... better than my description:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Linda.. Normally, the post office. You bring your passport form, photo, Id's and of course $'s. It will be mailed to your house in a few weeks.

Thanks you guys!! Do you know about how much it'd cost? And how soon you can get one? Do you have to wait long?

Thanks you guys!! Do you know about how much it'd cost? And how soon you can get one? Do you have to wait long?

You better get your butt going woman...I heard for the US they are about $120.00 and takes depending how backed up they are, it could take up to 3 months...

Do do do do do do do the hussle~~~

Giggles~~~

:angel:

PS: Check below...did some research...posted US Passport Information...Hope this helps...

Last edited:
final_dos_cut.gif

Travel Warnings | Travel Alerts | Country Specific Information

Search
Most Requested Passport Landing Page Passport: How to Apply for the First Time (In Person) Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport Passport Fees How to Apply for a Passport Renewal Visa Landing Page Passport: Application Processing Times Visa Bulletin Visa: Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail Visa: DV Program Passport: Applications and Forms Visa Wait Times
Feedback | Contact Us

document.write(setClock()) Monday March 16, 2009

Special Interest

Travel Warnings

Travel Alerts

Worldwide Caution

Country Specific Information

4-4.jpg

International Travel
for U.S. Citizens

Passports
for U.S. Citizens

Visas
for Foreign Citizens

Children & Family
for U.S. Citizens

Media and Policy

Subscribe

About Us | Feedback | Contact Us | Email this Page | Print | Search | Top of Page
This site is managed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
Copyright Information | Disclaimers | Other U.S. Government Information

The government has information about what you need to do and what it costs, check their website. :)

back BEFORE the passport rush... it cost me 90 bucks and took 2 months to get the passport... now that everyone needs one to cross into mexico and canada they're taking (in some areas... ie states that border with these countries) twice as long.

also you need an ORIGINAL birth certificate NOT a copy. i.e. it must have a raised seal of some kind. you will have to send this in w/ur application so u will not have it for the time it takes to process the application.

try going to a gov't agency to get it cuz the postoffice is a waste of time. long lines and it takes usually the full legnth of time they warn u about. from 4 wks to 6 mo. and many of my friends didn't get theirs until 6 mo.!

Thanks you guys!! Especially you SoSo!! And your little boy is getting cuter and cuter by the way....OOH!! Those CHEEKS!! I'm tellin ya, there ought to be a law against being that cute!

Last edited:
Back