This time around, Michael Jackson grills Jack Johnson at the Billboard 200

chocomarker

Proud Member
LOL and another lol cos of the shitty post limit thingy

Mike's where he always belongs, at number one. Where he always will be.

That's a really random story, lol. I don't follow new music so I've never heard of Jack Johnson, unless it's the boxer from the early 1900s. :p

because of jack johnson "Thriller 25" was only the 2nd best selling album of the week when it was released in spring 2008...

so michael's last #1 album is still way back in 2001... it would've been 2008 if it wasn't for johnson.

well anyways, 2009 is michael's year at #1 again... its too sad he couldnt experience that anymore :(

MJ should always be on top of the charts!!

i think in perspective, it's impossible to beat thriller 25, because it's the same album, building in count. and people already heard the music, so the fact that it went to number 1 again, last year on the catalogue chart, really makes it having outsold Jack Johnson, last year. and even so..there are the moments when nothing's being reported, and people are still buying the album. and like many on here said...they don't know Jack Johnson. sometimes i wonder if the media is still lying against Michael. and then again, it really doesn't matter, because MJ is the best selling artist of all time..and...a lot of individuals don't care about stats...to them, they bought t25, and that's all that matters.

I think it really depends on your taste and where you live, cos Jack Johnson is VERY well known here. But then again, my country was really big on the folksy guitar singer song-writers with a laid back beach feeling from 2003-07. He did a clip with Ben Stiller if that helps?

That said, never cared for his music haha

I have never even heard of Jack Johnson. Going now to YouTube to find out who the heck this is... ah wait, nevermind... I guess I don't really care, lolol....

Jackson rules Cdn. album charts

By JOHN WILLIAMS
Senior Editor, JAM! Showbiz

The King of Pop can add another crowning achievement to his No. 1 box office run -- he's now atop the Canadian album charts.

Michael Jackson's "This Is It", the companion album to the documentary film, debuted at No. 1 with 44,000 in sales, according to figures compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

Jackson also grabbed the No. 1 spot south of the border, selling an impressive 373,000 copies of "This Is It" in the U.S.

Back here, Michael Buble's "Crazy Love" (17,000) was bumped to No. 2 after two weeks on top, while Rod Stewart's "Soulbook" (10,000) and Tegan and Sara's "Sainthood" premiered at No. 3 and No. 4, respectively.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/J/Jackson_Michael/2009/11/04/11633286-jam.html

Back