this looks like a Great Book called Michael Jackson Plantinum Edition

billyworld99

Proud Member
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/koHvZCv7yco?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koHvZCv7yco?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It is a nice big ass book! lol I have it and it comes with replica's of many things you can take out of the book from the big and little pocket slots within the BIG book. Such as J5 concert tickets and the memorial ticket! Letters and Trivia booklets of MJ albums to test your knowledge or a friends. 2 post cards of Neverland, another book of MJ a mini one (it fits in your pocket) & Etc.

It's very cool! $50 bucks I got it for! I think it's worth! But, that's my opinion....so? :/

I've been a Michael Jackson fan for 27yrs (since Feb 1983), and I've seen all those photos of Michael before in books and online.

I'm sure most fans who have been fans since the 1990's or over the last 5yrs have seen those photos of Michael because they are standard pictures that appear in nearly every book or magazine about Michael. I'm not putting down the person who created this thread because it's very decent of them to share the information about the "Michael Jackson Platinum Edition", and some new fans won't have seen those photos before. And those who have may not own those photos in books, so on that level it's worth buying "Michael Jackson Platinum Edition".

My issue I think since Michael's death, fans have been book publishers are exploiting Michael Jackson fans, by releasing books that claim to have unseen or rare photos and content about Michael. And they contain nothing most fans haven't seen before. There are two books I bought on Michael last year, one I forgot the name of but it was something like "Michael Jackson a Life In Pictures", and beautifully presented book. But it contained nothing I or most fans have seen many times before. The other was "The Michael Jackson Opus". A very expensive book that claimed to have 85% unseen photos of Michael. Where it was more like 95% of the photos had been published in many books about Michael in the 1980's and also those rush releases in 2009.

My advice is to be careful if the books on Michael you by, and have a look at them if you can before you buy them. As you may feel you've wasted your money. Also have a read of the text in them if you can. I bought a book last year called "Michael Jackson - Treasures". I looked at the book in Waterstones, it was very impressive looking book. It didn't really contain any photos most haven't already seen, but it a nice pull out replica booklet of Michael's, High School year book from 1972-73 (the reason I bought the book) and pull out replica concert tickets, VIP Passes etc. When I got home and read the content of the book it was filled with very negative content about Michael. And that book along with the Michael Jackson Opus has made be very wary about what books about Michael I will buy. Because too many released over the last year contain the same photos.

But if your new to being a Michael Jackson fan, or just never owned a lot of books on him. Then buy as many of these new books as possible, but still keep an eye of the content of the books.

Thank you benscarr, that's really helpful to know. I think the deluge of mj books will continue unabated for a while yet. I read in Juliens' auction catalogue for October 2010that another 'coffee table' book is planned for release in 2011... it's referred to under the Nate Palant portrait selling at Julien's. I think this portrait is planned to be on the front cover, if I recall correctly ( not 100% sure.)

Back