this is what the next few years should look like (ideas)

jtabbott8

Proud Member
Double album or 3 disc box, containing songs recorded or reworked in 2008 and 2009
(tracklist) :
Bang Your Head
Broken Chair
D.I.E.
Dont Make Me Stay
H20
Lady of Summer
Red Eye
Silent Spring
Water
Adore You
11 P.M.
Butter Funk
Changes
Days in Gloucestershire
I am a Loser
I was the Loser ( not to be confused with "i am a loser")
Innocent Man
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Boy No
Dont be Messin
Jungle
Light the Way
Pray for Peace
Rocker
Photographs
Green Hornet Groove
Shut Up ad Dance
Michaels Affirmation (instrumental)
That (instrumental)
Photographs 2 (instrumental)
Think Twice (instrumental)
Walk Away (instrumental)
You are There (intrumental)
MJ/BB orchestral idea #1
MJ/BB orchestral idea #2
MJ/BB orchestral idea #3

(all songs are copyright of Michael Jackson Estate, so yes they exist :)

The Final Curtain Call Box Set:
6 hours of This Is It footage including unseen rehearsals and brainstorming sessions.

(There is "80 hours of This Is It Footage" so 6 hours of footage does exist :)

Victory Tour Dallas Blu Ray
Victory Tour Kansas City Blu Ray

Album
(tracklist) :
A Place With No Name
Buffalo Bill
Chicago 1945
Tomboy
Victory (with Freddy Mercury)
Love Never Felt So Good
The Nelson Mandela Song
The Children's Hour
I Have This Dream
Edgar Allen Poe

(all of these songs are very well known, most have heard snippets of a few of these. The Songs DO exist :)

Dangerous 25
(disc 1) Original Album Remastered

(disc 2) Outtakes:
Alright Now
Bottle of Smoke
A Baby Smiles
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
LLama Lola
Lucy is in Love with Linus
Men in Black
Michael Mckellar
Work That Body
If You Dont Love Me
Serious Effect
She Got It
Monkey Buisness

(disc 3) Demos:
Give Into Me demo
Goon Too Soon demo
In The Closet demo
Jam demo
Remember The Time demo
Keep The Faith demo
Heal the World demo
Who Is It demo

(disc 4) Dangerous Tour Buenos Aires 1993 DVD/Blu Ray
(disc 5)Dangerous Tour Mexico City 1993 or Moscow 1993 DVD/Blu Ray

work out a contract and extend the deal past 2017

Vinyl Box Set

Off The Wall Vinyl Remastered
Dont Stop Till You Get Enough 12' single
Rock With You 12' single
Off The Wall 12' single
She's Out of My Life 12' single
Girlfriend 12' single

Thriller Vinyl Remastered
The Girl is Mine 12' single
Billie Jean 12' single
Beat It 12' single
Wanna Be Starin' Something 12' single
Human Nature 12' single
PYT 12' single
Thriller 12' single

Bad Vinyl Remastered
I Just Cant Stop Loving You 12' single
Bad 12" single
They Way You Make Me Feel 12' single
Dirty Diana 12' single
Another Part of Me 12' single
Smooth Criminal 12" single
Leave Me Alone 12" single
Liberian Girl 12" single

Dangerous Vinyl Remastered
Black or White 12' single
Remember the Time 12" single
In the Closet 12" single
Jam 12" single
Heal the World 12" single
Give into Me 12" single
Will You Be There 12" single
Goon Too Soon 12" single

HIStory Vinyl Remastered
Scream/Childhood 12" single
You Are Not Alone 12" single
Earth Song 12" single
This Time Around 12" single
They Don't Care About Us 12" single
Stranger in Moscow 12" single

Blood on the Dance Floor Vinyl Remastered
Blood on the Dance Floor 12" single
History/Ghosts 12" single
Is It Scary 12" single

Invincible Vinyl Remastered
You Rock My World 12" single
Cry 12" single
Butterflies 12" single

Triumph Tour DVD/Blu Ray

HIStory 25

(disc 2) Outtakes:
Fear
Face
Bass(z)oullie

(disc 3) HIStory Tour 3D Blu Ray (bonus feature of 2 hour of HIStory Tour Rehearsals)
(disc 4) Ghosts/Making of Ghosts blu ray
(disc 5) Making of HIStory: Footage of Michael in the studio creating the album

this is how i feel the next few years should look like as far as new material, i know this is most likely not going to happen. I feel we deserve all of this and more.

Wow, you've definitely done your homework :bugeyed

All these sound too good to be true. I hope the Estate is going to make some sound decisions next time they intend to release something.

Double album or 3 disc box, containing songs recorded or reworked in 2008 and 2009
(tracklist) :
Bang Your Head
Broken Chair
D.I.E.
Dont Make Me Stay
H20
Lady of Summer
Red Eye
Silent Spring
Water
Adore You
11 P.M.
Butter Funk
Changes
Days in Gloucestershire
I am a Loser
I was the Loser ( not to be confused with "i am a loser")
Innocent Man
Just Remember
King Tutankhamun
Boy No
Dont be Messin
Jungle
Light the Way
Pray for Peace
Rocker
Photographs
Green Hornet Groove
Shut Up ad Dance
Michaels Affirmation (instrumental)
That (instrumental)
Photographs 2 (instrumental)
Think Twice (instrumental)
Walk Away (instrumental)
You are There (intrumental)
MJ/BB orchestral idea #1
MJ/BB orchestral idea #2
MJ/BB orchestral idea #3

(all songs are copyright of Michael Jackson Estate, so yes they exist :)

A number of these songs weren't written or worked on in 2008 or 2009. I Am a Loser and Shut Up and Dance are both Invincible-era outtakes. The copyrights by the Estate don't include the correct year; they're all attributed to 2009. But this isn't a good idea. If this were to happen, the Estate would have just completely emptied their vault of any songs that may have been recorded in Michael's last years. I think a better bet would be a 10-12 track album of tracks ranging from 1998-2009.

The Final Curtain Call Box Set:
6 hours of This Is It footage including unseen rehearsals and brainstorming sessions.

(There is "80 hours of This Is It Footage" so 6 hours of footage does exist :)

Not a bad idea. The only real rehearsal footage that we could get, though, is Stranger in Moscow and Dangerous. All other songs to my knowledge were either briefly touched upon or were done completely without Michael. Brainstorming sessions wouldn't exactly be very marketable, although the core community would probably enjoy it.

Victory Tour Dallas Blu Ray
Victory Tour Kansas City Blu Ray

I don't think this is possible. For one, they wouldn't release two concerts in one year. For another, I think expecting any Blu-ray concert releases is just calling for disappointment. We don't know if the Estate has ANY film reels to concerts, so we should just stop thinking about concerts for now. Besides... for me, I wouldn't really want a Victory tour release. I don't care for any Jacksons tours.

Album
(tracklist) :
A Place With No Name
Buffalo Bill
Chicago 1945
Tomboy
Victory (with Freddy Mercury)
Love Never Felt So Good
The Nelson Mandela Song
The Children's Hour
I Have This Dream
Edgar Allen Poe

(all of these songs are very well known, most have heard snippets of a few of these. The Songs DO exist :)

The "Nelson Mandela Song" is an early version of What More Can I Give. But this is a very diverse track listing, incorporating music from all eras, and I like that. But I don't really care for The Children's Hour or the Freddie Mercury demos, so I can leave them be. Also, A Place with No Name will be released on the next album; by then it will already have been heard in full.

Dangerous 25

(disc 2) Outtakes:
Alright Now
Bottle of Smoke
A Baby Smiles
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
LLama Lola
Lucy is in Love with Linus
Men in Black
Michael Mckellar
Work That Body
If You Dont Love Me
Serious Effect
She Got It
Monkey Buisness

(disc 3) Demos:
Give Into Me demo
Goon Too Soon demo
In The Closet demo
Jam demo
Remember The Time demo
Keep The Faith demo
Heal the World demo
Who Is It demo

(disc 4) Dangerous Tour Buenos Aires 1993 DVD/Blu Ray
(disc 5)Dangerous Tour Mexico City 1993 or Moscow 1993 DVD/Blu Ray

Dangerous 25 would be a great idea. However, my layout wouldn't have any previously leaked songs on it. It would be eight unreleased songs, three demos, three remixes. (Remixes WILL appear no matter what the fans want or need.) Additionally, the Dangerous tours you noted will not happen. Or at least, it shouldn't. There's nothing significantly different about the three legs of the Dangerous tour; only the addition of Dangerous. I would like a DVD with all of the Dangerous-era music videos, the unseen performances of The Way You Make Me Feel/Bad/Dangerous, the Superbowl performance and maybe some other little bonus features.

work out a contract and extend the deal past 2017

Vinyl Box Set

Off The Wall Vinyl Remastered
Dont Stop Till You Get Enough 12' single
Rock With You 12' single
Off The Wall 12' single
She's Out of My Life 12' single
Girlfriend 12' single

Thriller Vinyl Remastered
The Girl is Mine 12' single
Billie Jean 12' single
Beat It 12' single
Wanna Be Starin' Something 12' single
Human Nature 12' single
PYT 12' single
Thriller 12' single

Bad Vinyl Remastered
I Just Cant Stop Loving You 12' single
Bad 12" single
They Way You Make Me Feel 12' single
Dirty Diana 12' single
Another Part of Me 12' single
Smooth Criminal 12" single
Leave Me Alone 12" single
Liberian Girl 12" single

Dangerous Vinyl Remastered
Black or White 12' single
Remember the Time 12" single
In the Closet 12" single
Jam 12" single
Heal the World 12" single
Give into Me 12" single
Will You Be There 12" single
Goon Too Soon 12" single

HIStory Vinyl Remastered
Scream/Childhood 12" single
You Are Not Alone 12" single
Earth Song 12" single
This Time Around 12" single
They Don't Care About Us 12" single
Stranger in Moscow 12" single

Blood on the Dance Floor Vinyl Remastered
Blood on the Dance Floor 12" single
History/Ghosts 12" single
Is It Scary 12" single

Invincible Vinyl Remastered
You Rock My World 12" single
Cry 12" single
Butterflies 12" single

That is WAY too much. A spectacular idea, yes. But that would require months upon months of work to pull it off, and the Estate will never release something like that.

Triumph Tour DVD/Blu Ray
Again, not an idea that I would go with.

HIStory 25

(disc 2) Outtakes:
Fear
Face
Bass(z)oullie

(disc 3) HIStory Tour 3D Blu Ray (bonus feature of 2 hour of HIStory Tour Rehearsals)
(disc 4) Ghosts/Making of Ghosts blu ray
(disc 5) Making of HIStory: Footage of Michael in the studio creating the album

HIStory 25 probably won't happen. For one, the contract stops at 2017. Considering sales for Michael's latest releases aren't spectacular, I'm sure Sony won't renew it. For two, there are very little HIStory outtakes. Rob Hoffman could only think of three or four. Most of them have already been released (Morphine, On the Line, Much Too Soon).

The 3D Blu Ray of the HIStory tour still shouldn't happen, because it's Michael's worst tour, is full of lip synching and would be an embarrassment. A Ghost/Making of Ghost Blu-Ray would be pretty nice for those who don't want to download it in full online. The Making of HIStory probably won't be though, as there isn't much footage from the HIStory era.

this is how i feel the next few years should look like as far as new material, i know this is most likely not going to happen. I feel we deserve all of this and more.

No. No, we really don't.

The Michael Jackson fans are among the greediest group of fans out there. We demand releases that are out of this world and nearly impossible to pull off without draining the vaults of material, then complain when we don't get it. The Estate did exactly what we wanted with Bad 25, and fans still aren't grateful because a) we only got six demos, MORE than we got for Thriller 25 and b) Wembley wasn't Blu-Ray quality, even though we petitioned for Wembley for around seven years. The fans expect above and beyond, and we will never get that. Michael isn't here, so we need to be cautious with this.

In truth, John Branca and John McClain are extremely generous people. If it was me in charge of the Estate, I would just not release anything. I would work for hours to get out of the Sony contract (if it was possible to do so) because the fans really don't deserve what they're getting.

Fans don't deserve anything. No one does. It's just wishful thinking. I just want to see another Dangerous tour show released in future.

I like some of the ideas

the 2013 idea, I'd cut it down from a double album to a 12-14 track album

I think I'd have 2 releases a year. One DVD/blu ray and 1 album/compilation. I posted this list on Facebook last year and it needs some revising

2013-

Making Michael Jackson's Thriller (Anniversary Release) (Spring 2013)
Released on DVD and Blu Ray for the first time.
*Featuring the original 1983 documentary
*A new remastered/retransfered version of the 1983 short film, using the original film reels as the primary source
*bonus features include new commentary by John Landis, George , Rick Baker, Vincent Patterson, and Ola Ray
*never before seen footage unused in the short film and documentary
*original MTV advert
*Australian (Countdown with Molly Meldrum) TV advert
*UK (The Tube) TV premiere advert

Beatbox (Fall 2013)
A collection of previously unreleased material, recorded between 1998 to 2009
1. Lady Of Summer
2. A Place With No Name
3. I Am A Loser
4. People Of The World
5. Michael's Affirmation
6. Photographs
7. Blue Gangster
8. Days in Gloucestershire
9. 11 PM
10. Just Remember
11. Bang Your Head
12. Seduction

2014-

Sketches Of A Man Volume One (Summer 2014)
A 2 CD set of completely unreleased material, demos, alternate mixes, and live versions covering 30 years spread out through 3 volumes. Including fully finished outtakes, demos, and "sketches" in their pure untouched form.
The booklet would include illustrations, handwritten notes by Michael. Volume One would cover 1973-1984

The Jacksons At The Forum (Fall 2014)
Never before seen in complete. Filmed live in the Los Angeles Forum on September 26, 1981

2015-

Off The Wall (Deluxe Edition) (Summer 2015)
a 2CD edition of the 1979 album, featuring the original album and previously unreleased material

HIStory: Past, Present, and Future (20th Anniversary Edition) (Summer 2015)
Re-release of the 1995 album. Disc 1 (HIStory Begins) not included, but in it's place, a second disc of unreleased material and several remixes included on the original single releases from 1995, 1996, and 1997. Disc 3 includes previously unreleased material

Michael Jackson's Vision (Re-release)

2016-
Sketches Of A Man Volume Two (Spring 2014)
A 2 CD set of completely unreleased material covering 30 years spread out through 3 volumes. Including fully finished outtakes, demos, and "sketches" in their pure untouched form.
The booklet would include illustrations, handwritten notes by Michael. Volume Two would cover 1985-1992

The Jacksons: The Victory Tour
DVD release of the 1984 tour

2017-

Sketches Of A Man Volume Three (Spring 2017)
A 2 CD set of completely unreleased material covering 30 years spread out through 3 volumes. Including fully finished outtakes, demos, and "sketches" in their pure untouched form.
The booklet would include illustrations, handwritten notes by Michael. Volume Three would cover 1993-2002

^ I REALLY like your ideas! Sketches of a Man is a great one. The only thing is that there won't be more than one project in one year; there are five projects left over five years, and it would dry up by 2014 if they did.

Here's what I would put out:

2013 New studio album
This album should be compiled by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince, who overlook the material submitted and choosing what songs would be released. Considering they tend to be the highest-acclaimed collaborators of Michael, it only makes sense that they should be the head of the project. It would include twelve songs:
* Five Invincible outtakes from 1998-2001 (including A Place with No Name and Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me)
* Five post-Invincible songs from 2002-2009 (including D.I.E. and I Was the Loser)
* Two outtakes from the Bad and Dangerous sessions as a little treat for the core fan base

2014 - No ideas at the moment, but this project quite possibly should avoid too much unreleased material. If it's a project that can avoid it completely than it should do so; almost every project up to this point has featured unreleased material and we don't want the well to dry up too soon.

2015 - HIStory: Past, Present and Future - Book 2
Taken from an above idea, this would be a greatest-hits compilation done as a sequel to the HIStory album. The first disc would include previously released material (16 songs). The second would feature two to four songs from any era that are completed, alongside twelve to fourteen songs that aren't complete enough for a standard release. These songs could be void of vocals, missing vocals, or instrumentals entirely. Hopefully this could also include some of the orchestral work Michael did in his last few years.

2016 Dangerous 25th Anniversary
A three-disc compilation celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Dangerous album.
* Disc one - the original studio album remastered. These remasterings though would be handled with care; none of that loudness war that has been prominent on every remastered album since the 2001 SE albums.
* Disc two - Eight previously unreleased recordings, most prominently Men in Black; two tracks from the cancelled 2001 bonus disc, preferably She Got It and If You Don't Love Me; original demo recordings of Who Is It (entitled Lying to Myself) and Remember the Time; and three remixes done by the likes of Akon, RedOne and Neff-U. Although they aren't necessarily remixers, they are people who have worked with Michael and are most qualified to remix his material.
* Disc three - all the music videos from the Dangerous album, remastered to higher quality than that on the Vision DVD set; previously unseen performances of The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad and Dangerous from the Dangerous tour; and the 1993 Superbowl performance in high quality.
* An additional booklet featuring never-before-seen/rare photos; comments from some of the album's prominent collaborators (Bruce Swedien, Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrell, Bryan Loren, etc.); the producers of each unreleased recording comment on the song, sharing any remembered stories and their own feelings on the track; and photos of Michael in the recording studio.
* Quite possibly another documentary by Spike Lee, featuring previously unreleased studio footage, individual accounts on each of the fourteen songs and more, done in a very similar manner to the Bad 25 documentary.

2017 - No ideas at the moment, but seeing as how this is the last project on the initial contract, it should be something that the fan community would go nuts over.

AlwaysThere, your idea for Dangerous 25 is pretty close to the idea I had for it. Similar wavelengths :)

My Disc 2 was unreleased songs and demos and disc 3 was alternate mixes and various remixes from the '91-93 remixes

(I can't find the final draft of what I had at the moment so here's one of the earlier ones)
Disc 1
1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
3. In The Closet
4. She Drives Me Wild
5. Remember The Time
6. Can't Let Her Get Away
7. Heal The World
8. Black Or White
9. Who Is It
10. Give In To Me
11. Will You Be There
12. Keep The Faith
13. Gone Too Soon
14. Dangerous'

Disc 2: The Archives
1. Man In Black
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
3. Serious Effect (featuring LL Cool J)
4. Turning Me Off
5. Joy
6. Work That Body
7. Monkey Business
8. If You Don't Love Me
9. Satisfy You (Michael's version)
10. Trust About Youth
11. Verdict
12. In The Closet (Solo Demo)
13. Who Is It (Demo)
14. Black Or White (Demo)

Disc 3: In The Mix-
1.Jam (Mix 18 #14)
2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me (Instrumental)
3. She Drives Me Wild (Mix #51)
4. Can't Let Her Get Away (Mix 3 #22)
5. Dangerous (Long Version Ending Version Mix 1 #15)
6. Blood On The Dancefloor (Mix 6 #24)
7. Black Or White
8. Remember The Time
9. In The Closet
10. Jam
11. Who Is It
12. Give In To Me
13. Someone Put Your Hand Out

I think redoing Vision is something the Estate should do. Of all the artists in pop music history, Michael's videos/short films are the ones who DEFINITELY deserve preserving and in the best quality. Doing new scans/transfers of the short films would be great

AlwaysThere, for the 2014 project, how about a remix/rework album? :)

Instead of going the usual route where producers make generic dance mixes, they could commission producers and artists like DJ Spinna, Dimitri From Paris, Sam Sparro, Julian Brody, Nicolay to make reworks, similar to the recent Philadelphia International compilation "The Philly Sound", or the Jackson 5 Soul Source albums where they make dance mixes that stay true to the original but give the songs a special disco/funky twist :)

AlwaysThere, for the 2014 project, how about a remix/rework album? :)

Instead of going the usual route where producers make generic dance mixes, they could commission producers and artists like DJ Spinna, Dimitri From Paris, Sam Sparro, Julian Brody, Nicolay to make reworks, similar to the recent Philadelphia International compilation "The Philly Sound", or the Jackson 5 Soul Source albums where they make dance mixes that stay true to the original but give the songs a special disco/funky twist :)

Nox100000 :)

Untouched songs, farthest I would go is songs only touched by those he worked WITH on the song.

The Michael Jackson fans are among the greediest group of fans out there. We demand releases that are out of this world and nearly impossible to pull off without draining the vaults of material, then complain when we don't get it. The Estate did exactly what we wanted with Bad 25, and fans still aren't grateful because a) we only got six demos, MORE than we got for Thriller 25 and b) Wembley wasn't Blu-Ray quality, even though we petitioned for Wembley for around seven years.

This is actully what makes me most depressed. Bad 25 is/should be a fans dream come true.

Everything is good in your list except the Dangerous Tour DVD choice, id much rather have an early 1992 performance like Munich, mainly because MJ was ecstatic to perform in the early part of the first leg plus it was the only time in the whole tour he performed TWYMF and Bad. In 1993 almost all his shows he was tired / weaker vocals/ stressed / in a rush (even though Buenos Aires has Dangerous, its missing Beat It and Man In The Mirror)

Last edited:
You know what, on MJ's birthday the estate should release a 3 DVD box set of Buenos Aires 1993, and no logo version of Rome and Tokyo 1988 using their best masters... just to piss off all the MJ traders who were constantly teasing us. They would gain all my respect in a heartbeat for that!

popcorn-MJ.gif

Back