This is it

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
Id like to know about This is it. the songs in there, ive heard they werent sung liver "well some of them"

and i knew the pitch was lowered...but why would the mess with MJ's vocals?
What songs did they tinker with?

I think following songs are mostly or completely live: WBSS, Speechless snippet, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF intro, J5-Medley, IJCSLY, Beat It and Black Or White.
Did you watch the Dangerous-Tour-reheasals? There it can be heard that MJ sometimes sings a song nearly with his full voice and sometimes he skippes verses and sings with a high/quiet voice in order to save it. I think he did it the same way in TII. So they overdubbed songs like Thriller or Earth Song, on which MJ didn't sing live or in a bad quality.

Michael singed mostly live at the rehearsals but many songs were dubbed for the movie. I don't know why they did that but the reason can be that Michael didn't always sing fully. He tried to save his voice like in Dangerous tour rehearsals:

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that Beat it was mostly dubbed. Just listen to this audio from Victory tour, parts of the vocals are very similar!

[youtube]fll82S0MwAQ[/youtube]

WBSS (all live, i think. probably a mix of different rehearsals)
Speechless snippet
Human Nature (different rehearsals, most likely mixed again)
Smooth Criminal (1st verse is dubbed, the rest appears to be live)
TWYMMF (intro)
Jackson 5 medley (I think everyone agrees on this one)
IJCSLY
Black or White (seems to be from a single rehearsal as well :D)

There's live portions in most songs. You know, adlibs and such.

Last edited:
I have heard Michael lips-syncing at the rehearals. There is few videos were someone was outside of the Staples center or The Forum secretly listening rehearsals with camera. There can be heard Billie Jean with studio version vocals.

I have heard Michael lips-syncing at the rehearals. There is few videos were someone was outside of the Staples center or The Forum secretly listening rehearsals with camera. There can be heard Billie Jean with studio version vocals.

Those were band rehearsals.

Also Beat It was live. It was dubbed with the silver jacket rehearsal audio, because it sounded better but the red shirt rehearsal looked better.

Michael singed mostly live at the rehearsals but many songs were dubbed for the movie. I don't know why they did that but the reason can be that Michael didn't always sing fully. He tried to save his voice like in Dangerous tour rehearsals:

I love him at the rehearsals.
I'd have preferred to hear the songs exactly how he sang them at the rehearsals not dubbed at all.
If I'd want to hear the album version I'd listen the albums.

Back