This Is It Ticket Price

Chris_Divine

Proud Member
Do you guys think the tickets will be affordable or a bit much?

This is going to give a lot of fakes the chance to start selling tickets on Ebay for insane prices.

Its going to be March - May 2009 all over again. *sighs*

And I also bet, as someone said before, first they'd say two weeks, then two months, etc like they did with the concerts. I'm just wondering what the price will be for the tickets.

I can remember being at the press conference and being shocked at how cheap the concert tickets were! When you think what some stars charge for there shows! I really was waiting for them to announce the tickets were gonna be 200+ I am hoping the cinema tickets will be a normal price and not rip the fans off!

To be honest they should be the price of a normal cinema ticket. They're going to make so much money on the DVD.

hmm...a ticket will probably be the price of a regular movie ticket....besides I believe someone posted a thread stating that the DVD release will have more footage and that It would have more Michael concert time in it.....so the price of this will probably be costly....why not they have to get fans coming and going...(said with attitude as you can tell)...they all have to make their money at our expense.

It is Sony!! I wish it was some other company. These are not good people.
Any way the proceeds will go to the children I hope!!

its sony, only showing 2 week(so they say at the moment) so tickets will be highlt in demand and they can charge more im guessing it will be higher then most tickets but no way as high as the o2 tickets were but im gonna guess as around £20!
lol bruce's price is right, so will it be higher or lower? :lol:

I've never seen a ticket for any movie cost more than it does for any other movie.

I'm not sure why people think this is like a concert. It's a movie, you're going to pay however much it costs to go see any comedy, drama or action flick you see in the theater.

I've never seen a ticket for any movie cost more than it does for any other movie.

I have only a couple of times. One time was when I saw the filmed version of the stage musical RENT, which was shown in movie theaters in the US for only one weekend. That was $20. I have been sort of thinking that they could charge up to $20 for This Is It....

Since it's gonna be a two-week presentation, the prices may be a little bit higher.

But think of it this way. It will be shown globally. Each viewer would have to pay at least over $10. If you think about it, that's alot of money that Sony is getting.
Probably not as much as the total gross of the concert, but nearly close.

So it shouldn't be really pricey.

I've heard for cinemas in London it'll just be over £10. But to be honest that's fair, prices for cinemas in London do average that anyway.

Last edited:
16EUR is alot for a cinema ticket here. They're already expensive. 3D movies are usually 12-12,50 here. It would be cool if it was 3D movie haha. I wouldnt be going if its more than that. I'm honest, lol.

Since it's gonna be a two-week presentation, the prices may be a little bit higher.

But think of it this way. It will be shown globally. Each viewer would have to pay at least over $10. If you think about it, that's alot of money that Sony is getting.
Probably not as much as the total gross of the concert, but nearly close.

So it shouldn't be really pricey.

Two week? So basically from october 28 , two weeks later it's gone?

It will be absolute normal price I think.

hmmmm, it SHOULD be whatever price it is to see a movie (which is an arm and a leg anyway!)

Best bet is to pre-order tickets AS SOON as they are available to be ordered. I'm not trying to buy movie tickets from someone off of ebay for $60 :no:

If they want to reach the "indifferent" people and want to use TII as a way to get more people into Michael then they shouldn't be charging much more than a normal ticket...

I know I'd pay whatever the cost to see Michael, but I'm not their ultimate target, they want *everyone* to see this... and someone who's not necessarily a huge MJ fan wont pay a stupid amount for something they're just interested in cos of hype.

If they want to reach the "indifferent" people and want to use TII as a way to get more people into Michael then they shouldn't be charging much more than a normal ticket...

I know I'd pay whatever the cost to see Michael, but I'm not their ultimate target, they want *everyone* to see this... and someone who's not necessarily a huge MJ fan wont pay a stupid amount for something they're just interested in cos of hype.

na i think if they wanted *everyone* to see this it would not have been restricted to 2 weeks in the cinema and have to pre-book tickets early

^ yeah I guess you're right there.

I just think if they make the tickets exceptionally expensive they'll miss out on a lot of audience, especially the people who are interested but not necessarily huge fans... and that's more than alright with me! haha.

The only time I've ever seen it done was for "Shine A Light" - The Rolling Stones concert movie - which cost £12.50 per ticket but with that included a t-shirt.

Back