"This is it" song vote list - did it leak?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Months ago, I heard "Another part of me" was on top of the list. That was interesting to me as in fact this was my absolute favorite (I voted, too).

Anyone know how the vote ended? Would be interesting which songs the fans would have liked to see performed the most...

I don't think it has been leak.

I haven't seen it, so I don't think it has ever been posted at this forum. And if it had been leaked it would for sure have been posted here!

i think it was a publicity stunt, anyway the whole setlist was way too similar to the dangerous set list which we all loved so theres no problem

The Music Experience featurette from the This Is It DVD which was an iTunes pre-order exclusive; people who ordered it had it emailed to them on December 25th before the release of the DVD.

Anyway, there was a screenshot from it on this forum and it shows the board with the top four - the others are cut off. It consisted of Thriller, Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror and Smooth Criminal, unsuprisingly as they're his biggest "hits" and anyone could vote. There was also that Randy Phillips interview (the one with the LA radio station, I'm pretty sure) just before This Is It hit cinemas that's in three or four parts on YouTube about him coming into a meeting with pages and pages of results and graphs!

If it was just fans/ticket holders like me we would have had the likes of GITM and Who Is It rather than songs we've heard over and over but I'm not complaining - I wish he could have just performed...

EDIT: Found it!
45690443.png

And a bigger setlist from the one shown in the film to give you an indication of how the voting went (rehearsed songs like DSTYGE, WYBT, OTW and Dirty Diana are cut out of this, but there is RYW, YANA, WATW and HTW).

setlist.png

Last edited:
Rock With You! I hope that footage of rehearsal to this song exist!

Rock with You sung live would be great!

Are the things written in red props? I'm wondering what the "straitjacket" is for. I'm going to assume some sort of magic trick.

Mehh, I felt the TII setlist was more similar to History, aside from MITM closing the show, no YANA or She's out my life (In terms of History), and the orders of Jam and TDCAU, it was essentially the same setlist in the same order..Atleast from what I've seen off of youtube recently and what I remember from 96'....I do agree with most about Dangerous being a great setlist though, I have that concert on DVD and I'm not afraid to tell friends, family, and strangers, "YES! I WATCH IT EVERYDAY!", but anywho, I would've loved to see YANA performed at the O2, as it's in my top 5 favorite Michael songs.

Wow, you saw a HIStory concert with "Jam"? I missed that ;).

Lol...Like I said, I'm just recollecting what I remember from seeing a recording from the concert when I was 7 years old, and from what I remember on youtube. I just realized that Jam wasn't performed during History though, my silly mistake. :)

i got excited about the setlist then.. it reminds me of voting for it back in march
i can't believe the concerts are never gonna happen :cry:

Are the things written in red props? I'm wondering what the "straitjacket" is for. I'm going to assume some sort of magic trick.

i think that jacket was for Dirty Diana
they were gunna do a type thing with MJ on a bed with a Girl teasing him

Back