"This Is It" Screening Tickets Sold Out

Memefan

Proud Member
Los Angeles (myFOXla.com) - Tickets to 14 screenings of the Michael Jackson " This Is It " movie documentary at the LA Live complex sold out within two hours on Sunday morning.
Hundreds of avid Michael Jackson fans had lined up starting Thursday for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the special showings of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" at the Regal Cinemas LA Live on October 27th.
Shortly after midnight on Sunday, they got what they were waiting for, as they purchased their tickets to the early screenings of the movie.
Regal Cinemas LA Live will be the only screening location in the country offering the advance shows and commemorative tickets. "This Is It" will begin its limited, two-week run at movie theaters nationwide on October 28th.

The winding queue for tickets to the first public screenings of the documentary opened Thursday in the courtyard outside the Nokia Theatre at the L.A. Live complex in downtown Los Angeles. The film features a behind-the-scenes look at Jackson preparing for the series of London shows he was rehearsing for before he died June 25.
The first 500 fans in line had been promised commemorative lenticular tickets designed by Jackson for the London concerts at the O2 Arena, another reason fans were motivated to wait in line for over 48 hours.

A total of 3,000 movie tickets were available for the early Oct. 27 shows at L.A. Live's new Regal Cinemas Stadium 14, marking the movie theater's grand opening.
The Sony Pictures film, crafted from hundred hours of rehearsal footage, is directed by longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega, the "High School Musical" director who had been working with Jackson on the "This Is It" concerts. The movie will feature Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show as well as interviews with his friends and family.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/Michael_Jackson_Tickets_Sell_Out_20090927

:clapping:

I am not surprised ....He sold out 50 concerts in no time at all.....thanks for the post..

Just saw a report about this on KTLA....am I surprised? NOPE!

Thats the power of Michael for ya!

His fans will always come out and represent for him.

Just saw a report about this on KTLA....am I surprised? NOPE!

Thats the power of Michael for ya!

His fans will always come out and represent for him.

I hope if he is not too busy moonwalking, he sees all the love wherever he may be.

Last edited:
thanks for the news and link.I was one of the fans who lined up there and I got my ticket along with VIP pass and This Is It concert ticket. WE LOVE You MICHAEL.

So good to see that Michael has the best fans EVER!!

Jackson sneak peek screenings sell out in 2 hours

Email this Story

Sep 27, 9:23 PM (ET)

(AP) Michael Jackson backup dancers writes on a poster as the fans arrive to buy tickets the "Michael...
Full Image

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Michael Jackson is still playing to sellout crowds.

Advance screenings to the music documentary "Michael Jackson: This Is It" sold out within two hours early Sunday as fans who began lining up three days earlier snapped up all 3,000 tickets to the Los Angeles shows.

The documentary opens nationwide Oct. 28, but fans will get a sneak peek the night before in screenings at the new Regal Cinemas Stadium 14. For the theater's grand opening, the cinema will show "This Is It" on all 14 screens that night.

Directed by longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega, "This Is It" draws on hundreds of hours of footage as Jackson prepared for a series of London concerts for which he was rehearsing before his death on June 25.

Anyone know how well it's selling in the UK? I waited up to pre-order tix at midnight on the 27th but just as easily bought more tix for the same day one screening the next day...

Also, and most annoyingly, cineworld have added a lot more cinema's to the list, including my closest cinema, which clearly wasn't on the list at time of release.

Back