This is it - possible openers

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Recently, I thought about how cool it would have been if Michael had opened the show with a previously unknown song like "Hollywood Tonight". I know this is very uncommon and probably impossible to really happen. But personally I would have been amazed had Michael sung HT to start the show :smilerolleyes:.

Another amazing opener IMO would have been "D.S.". I know it's a dark chapter of Michael's life. But I think after the sh... he dealt with in 2005 (and after) that him coming back in 2009 and singing "D.S." in an angry way would have been very cool :yes:.

Yeah, it would've been cool if had sung D.S. as the oppening song and have a guy dressed like T.S. and having Mike kick him into some flames an the end of the song... Also, Slash to perform the solo live! That would've been a killer!

Either that or open the show with Unbreakable since it would've fit it with the whole Lightman concept similar to the HIStory rocket thing...

Michael would've stood there for a couple seconds like he did for Jam and suddently...BOOM! Music kicks in, Michael starts to dance and is all like: "I'm back, I'm still the f'n KING!"

AndreyZidane™;3249626 said:
Yeah, it would've been cool if had sung D.S. as the oppening song and have a guy dressed like T.S. and having Mike kick him into some flames an the end of the song...

Haha, may imagination didn't even go that far... :hysterical:

Either that or open the show with Unbreakable...

Michael would've stood there for a couple seconds like he did for Jam and suddently...BOOM! Music kicks in, Michael starts to dance and is all like: "I'm back, I'm still the f'n KING!"

Cool idea... yeah UB would also fit very good - especially the lyrics "no matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here" - etc.

Great thread! LOVE this post:

Yeah, it would've been cool if had sung D.S. as the oppening song and have a guy dressed like T.S. and having Mike kick him into some flames an the end of the song... Also, Slash to perform the solo live! That would've been a killer!

Either that or open the show with Unbreakable since it would've fit it with the whole Lightman concept similar to the HIStory rocket thing...

I remember talking to another fan and wondering whether, had Invincible made it to tour, if the track Invincible would have been the opener or at least in there somewhere. I think that would have been a good opener for that tour.

I don't have a suggestion for TII though, I will think about it.

yeah the song Invincible is very good... though I think the lyrics are just too said for an opener. But would've loved it during the concert.

2000 Watts would've also been a good choise for the opening song since it also has that lightman/robot/similar to Scream sort of effect...

Also I would've loved if he had performered Privacy live at some point...

Anyone else find it strange having Wanna Be Startin Somethin as the opening and then having Jam come on after it? I'm just so used to seeing it the other way around that it feels odd to me

Unbreakable would have been great to kick off the This Is It concert. Milk the living hell out of the crowd by standing still for like 5 minutes and then BOOM! Unbreakable would have been amazing live in my opinion.

Anyone else find it strange having Wanna Be Startin Somethin as the opening and then having Jam come on after it? I'm just so used to seeing it the other way around that it feels odd to me

True, but I think it would have been good for a change... it would be lame to just see the same set list again.

And yeah, actually the Unbreakable idea is amazing :).

Back