"This Is It" officially Rated PG by BBFC

bobmoo79

Proud Member
On 9th October 2009, the British Board for Film Classification (BBFC) officially rated "This Is It" as 'Parental Guidance' (PG) with a running time of 111minutes, and rated the trailer for the film as 'U'.

With the trailer now officially rated we may see it being played on UK TV very soon!

The film is listed on their site with the following information:
CategoryClassifiedTitleConsumer AdviceDirectorCast
sPG2003.gif
9 Oct
openingsoon.gif
MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS ITContains infrequent scary scenesKenny OrtegaMichael Jackson,Kenny Ortega,Orianthi

Source:
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/index.php?media=film

Further details:

BBFC reference AFF263023
ecblank.gif
ecblank.gif
PG2003.gif

MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT
Feature Film
Classified 09 October, 2009 .
Run Time 111m 0s

Expected to open on 27/10/2009
Consumer Advice:Contains infrequent scary scenes
This work was passed with no cuts made.
The BBFC has placed this work in the DOCUMENTARY genre(s). The main spoken language in this work is English.
Directed by Kenny Ortega
ecblank.gif
The cast for this work includes: Michael Jackson, Kenny Ortega, Orianthi.
When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 111m 0s.The running time of this film was calculated from the measured length of 9990+0 ( feet + frames ).
This work was submitted to the BBFC by Columbia Pictures Corporation Ltd. .
A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

CategoryTypeDateCompanyRun TimeCutTitle
sU2003.gif
FilmTrailer09/09/2009Columbia Pictures Corporation Ltd.2m 25sMICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT
sPG2003.gif
Film09/10/2009Columbia Pictures Corporation Ltd.111m 0sMICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS ITDetails are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.This entry was last updated 09/10/2009

:) 2.25s , Is that the full trailer that was shown at mtv?

Ok, I just hope they show the full thing. Hopefully we'll see it soon. I've seen nothing promoting TII in the UK.

Me neither, except for all the hoo-ha surrounding the 'new' song. The press were really duped by that song, expecting it to be brand new, expecting it to be released, reporting it was 'expected' to be the biggest selling single ever! LOL

I will be expecting to see the film during X Factor on Saturday or Sunday. It's the biggest show of the week and the last ones before opening night. BUT if tickets sell really well between now and then thanks to this song, they might not bother because there'd be no point if it's nearing sell-out status already. The cost of the ad might outweigh the potential benefit of running it.

Back