This is it Instrumentasl?

AppleHeadPro

Proud Member
Just firstly like to point out this isnt a multi-media request.

I was just wondering if its possible to make 'This is It' instrumentals from the film due to it being in 5.1 surround sound. If Im correct the voice would be on a different channel to the instruments?

can anyone shed some light on whether this is possible?

thanks

Hmmm... Im not sure if they were recording with a line directly from the sound board. When we filmed a big event last summer,we had an anycast system with a direct line from the main soundboard,meaning we could swap between cameras and the sound would stay exactly the same. If I remember rightly,they recorded the footage to tapes,and mixed an audio track from the camera with the best possible sound,in proximity. [Dont quote me on it tho lol]
The sound setup for a concert is completley different to one in a concert film.

Well I heard the concert will have 5.1 audio.
We can extract channels 1,2,5,6 and Voila! :D

I already extracted the channels. There's some nice separation, but you can't get anything totally instrumental or acapella. It appears to be usually drums, bass guitar, and the main voice in the center (with other instruments sometimes). Front left and right have the remaining instruments and voice (both main and backup). The surrounds have some reverb and little bits of instruments or sound effects.

Yeah, I tried it myself. The last two channels are close, but you can hear MJ's voice echoing in the background and the instruments aren't as sharp.

I was hoping it'd at least have a lossless PCM track so we could get a nice lossless version of the audio. Oh well, it just means less work since I'm pretty happy with how I edited the audio down into an album with the DVD leak.

I really enjoyed the band funking out to This Place Hotel.. I really wish there had been a few full-length jam sessions.

Would really appreciate it if you guys could PM me what you've managed to do :)

I also would like to get flac or mp3 rips :) of everything with all extras :)

so does this mean we finally have that middle part of Black or white in acapella or close to an acpella? it was never there on the dvd rip. Also does this mean we have a man in the mirror acapella?

for thriller is there a channel with mainly just the sound effects of their dance moves? I'm dying to hear his live beat it acapella. also are the ad lybs from billie jean acapella-ish?

@superstition: can you make flac rips of whole movie for each channel?
i know it will be very big but it would be great for all of us

just send it via PM!

and if anyone know where ALL Extras are included, pls tell me :)

I'd also love a PM to see what you guys got. I can't use dvd audio extractor because the 30 days has passed.

Back