This is it Drummer- Sugar Foot!

Billie_Jean09

Proud Member
I would be interested to learn more about Michael's drummer 'Sugar Foot' or just 'Foot' for short!

He said that Michael liked him to work with him as he kind of had an intuative ability to almost predict MJ's next moves, whether it be a spin etc..............and he was very finely tuned to Michael.:)

In TII rehearsals sugar foot plays the drums as MJ performs Billie Jean.........amazing!:clapping:

He says he has worked with him for 30yrs? Did I hear that right? Wow!

I'd like to hear if you know anything more about Michael's drummer foot! Thanks!:)

he creates magic with michael. hes a king.

awww yes I could see that there was a real connection there. A true artist, who knows his thing! :yes:

You could tell how proud he was to be a part of Michael's TII.
The way he spoke of MJ was with so much pride respect and affection.
I am still learning and like a sponge wanting to soak up as much knowledge as I can about Michael.............which includes people MJ respected and valued.
If MJ liked them I want to learn and know about them!! :yes:

My bf watched This Is It with me the other night. He's a drummer and he loved Sugarfoot. He was drumming along through the whole dvd. At one point he threw his head back and hit it off the wall behind us :lol:

I don't know anything about him so I'll cheat and use google ;)

Here's a link to an interview he did with Modern Drummer: http://www.moderndrummer.com/web_exclusive/900001124/Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett

His myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/jonathanmoffett

A piece about him and his kit: http://www.soultonecymbals.com/ArtistDetail.aspx?ArtistID=299

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWB2nGUP1-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWB2nGUP1-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Well he was air drumming and the other side of the wall his head hit is another room in our house. The neighbours aren't too impressed by band practice though!
:drums: :girl_guitar:____________________:perrin: :perrin: :perrin: :perrin:

oh LOL!! :(

Hope he is ok? My neighbours have an MJ soaking session almost 24/7!!:yes:

Since I moved in here in May last year they have had to put up with my obsessional MJ music playing!! :yes:

We are losing our thread here lol!

Lets chat about Sugar foot guys!!

Anyone know more about him?

I love Sugarfoot! He's an amazing drummer.

Here's a good vid. The making of the Drum rack that was going to be used for "this is it". Sugarfoot also said Michael had told him the drums that he had used on the History tour were "a work of art" and that he should put them in a museum.

n5601506329707272902.jpg

Here's the video. Towards the end you can hear Michael in the background rehearsing TDCAU :D

Actually Michael gave him his first shot a as professional drummer with the Jacksons on their 1979 Destiny Tour. He also did the Triumph Tour & the Victory Tour but for MJ's Bad & Dangerous solo tours, Ricky Lawson was brought in. Moffett then came back for the HIStory Tour & finally the This Is It Tour. I'm still trying to figure out who did the 30th Anniversary concert, 'cause I know Ricky Lawson did the MJ & Friends concert but Moffett did the United We Stand Concert so maybe he also did the 30th Anniversary shows but i'm not 100% sure cause Greg Phillinganes directed the band for this show but anyway, that's the story between "Sugar Foot" Moffett & MJ. Hope this helps

I love Sugarfoot!!!!! He's such a phenomenal drummer and was a constant in Michael's life. He always loved Michael, making magic on stage together.

Actually Michael gave him his first shot a as professional drummer with the Jacksons on their 1979 Destiny Tour. He also did the Triumph Tour & the Victory Tour but for MJ's Bad & Dangerous solo tours, Ricky Lawson was brought in. Moffett then came back for the HIStory Tour & finally the This Is It Tour. I'm still trying to figure out who did the 30th Anniversary concert, 'cause I know Ricky Lawson did the MJ & Friends concert but Moffett did the United We Stand Concert so maybe he also did the 30th Anniversary shows but i'm not 100% sure cause Greg Phillinganes directed the band for this show but anyway, that's the story between "Sugar Foot" Moffett & MJ. Hope this helps

Foot was the drummer on the MSG 30th shows.

Was it Foot drumming on the Royal Concert Brunei gig?

MJ did 2 shows in Brunei. Rayford Griffin played drums at the first, and I think Foot played the second as it was around the time the History tour was taking place.

I love how MJ called him just "foot" in that voice of his , and he would say "how do you know i was gonna stop or do that move , its like you can read my mind" , like Michael bearden said when MJ heard sugar foot he wanted to dance , i still dont know why he wasint included in the Dangerous and Bad tour

I liked him right away. I felt he was very genuine. You could tell he misses Michael.

Back