this is it costumes

moonwalkbhoy

Proud Member
http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2009/06/30/exclusive-look-michael-jackson’s-last-costume/

omg if the billie jean 1 was true

As Michael Jackson prepared for his final This Is This tour, friends on set say the pop star was never better. “He’s still a terrific dancer,” says costume designer Dennis Tompkins, who worked with Michael Bush to create an “over the top” wardrobe for the tour. On his final night of rehearsal, Jackson “was doing the moonwalk. Everything!” says Bush. “He did the whole show full out at performance level. He was like, ‘When are we going to London? Let’s go. I’m ready.’” He was also on a creative high. “Working with Michael for 25 years we had never seen his creativity at this level,” says Bush. “It was like where is this coming from? I get goose bumps thinking about what this visual was going to look like.” Though the show won’t go on, Bush and Tompkins gave PEOPLE an exclusive look at just that. Here’s an inside look at what you might have seen. –Charlotte Triggs

1. A THRILLING JACKET: Costumers Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins re-created Jackson’s iconic looks for each of the 26 songs he was to perform, but the singer asked, “How can we take it to the next level?” Bush recalls. The solution? Fiber-optic lights sewn onto his red leather “Thriller” jacket, for a surprise light show timed to the music.

2. OLD FAVES: Jackson was going to back his signature crystal glove and socks, which caught the light — and assured that even fans in the back could see him dance. “He was so excited to perform,”says Bush.

3. A MILITARY SALUTE: For the star’s rendition of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” Bush and Tompkins created a “regimented, military” look.

4. BELTS AND WHISTLES: Tompkins had to make sure items like this jeweled belt would fit Jackson’s slight 27 3/4 inch waist, but says his weight was not an issue: “He was a bit smaller, but he was always thin.”

5. MAJOR DANCE MOVES: Jackson’s new Billie Jean suit held 7.5 lbs. of Swarovski crystals and 60 lights, so the star made sure he could do a spin before signing off. “The dance came first; costumes were secondary,” says Bush. “And his moves were sharper than ever.”

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this - This is very likely true since Bush & Hopkins has been working with Michael for a long time.

Notice the costume to the left of the Thriller outfit... looks like something from "Ghosts".
I wonder if he was gonna go a Ghost performance @ TII

Peep this also - This gives me even bigger hope about a rehearsal DVD - Even it would be strange to watch without him having a crowd there:
"On his final night of rehearsal, Jackson “was doing the moonwalk. Everything!” says Bush. “He did the whole show full out at performance level. He was like, ‘When are we going to London? Let’s go. I’m ready.’”

i wanna hear from kenny that the full blown rehearsals will be out on dvd july 13th

Thank you for posting this....even though I got extremely emotional about it. seeing photos of costumes makes it even moe real just knowing I will never see him and this whole event is even more real..

michael-jackson-500x375.jpg

OMG, the Billie Jean one!

i really wanna see the rehersal. obv it be weird with now fans screaming etc. id like to see the rehersal screened places for the fans. we would go wild watching it

So depressing.. I dont think I could ever watch these rehearsals.. at least not now.. it feels too soon.. knowing what he had planned.. how happy he was.. how much effort he put into his work.. and then few moments later.. gone... its so depressing...

I am SO heartbroken that we dont get to see this! It was going to be AMAZING. Did they say the last performance was the one they recorded? or was that an earlier rehearsal?

wow costumes with lights in them.. so creative. Wish we could have seen it :(
MJ is so amazing!!! :)

The part where he said Michael said "when are we going to London?" reminded me of the scene in The Jacksons: the American Dream when like Michael keeps asking when are we going to New York, lol; so childlike.

26 songs?! WOW poor guy that is a lot of pressure, but if someone can do it, it would be michael. Plus how cold u choose which songs to play! you'd want them all! and I KNEW that he had lights in his clothing!!! Im sure i said that when the rehearsal photos were released *pauses to basque in self-glory* /I told you so speech.

The King of Entertainment.

Back