This is it Concert -Live CDs to be released?

Arty

Proud Member
Randy told reporters that he is thinking about releasing live CDs of the This is it rehearsals-so are there Live CDs in the work to accompany the movie release? Any infos??

And when Randy is talking about the CD release isn´t that a sign that Michael was singing live during the rehearsals? I mean why even think to release "live" CDs when there´s no live voice to justify it?? Or did I miss something????

It could be pre-recorderd which would then be used for the actual shows.

It's possible that Randy ment to say DVD but he said CD by mistake

Footage of Michael Jackson in rehearsals for his London comeback shows has been released by promoters AEG Live. Shot less than two days before the King of Pop's death last week (25Jun09), Jackson appears thin but in good form as he performs They Don't Care About Us with his backing dancers during a full dress rehearsal. The pop superstar, wearing a dark suit and red patterned shirt, sounds great
and AEG bosses insist Jackson is singing live in the minute-long video footage, taken at the Staples

Kenny was asked if Michael was singing live during the rehearsals and he said "YES"!
So I don´t know what to believe. I guess we ´ll find out when the trailer arrives.

"He looked great and had great energy.

He wasn‘t singing at full level, but it was as beautiful as ever,"

Alonzo said. "He didn‘t even take a moment to grab a bottle of water or take a rest. He went from one number to the other. ‘Let‘s do that again.‘ He wanted to look at props for the ‘Thriller‘ number, a gigantic spider. He was dancing, singing, joking with the crew. If he was having any aches or pains, nobody knew about it that night.

So how can Alonzo say Michael wasn´t singing at full level when he was not singing live at all. This makes no sense! So Mike was singing live but not at full level.

The following article says there will be a soundtrack cd for the "This is it" Movie, I'd imagine that this would be the live sound recordings ....

Up to $100 million is set to come rolling in for Michael Jackson's estate as his administrators hurry to organise a slew of merchandising, film and record deals to cash in on his popularity after his death.

A judge is likely to sign off tomorrow on a film project featuring the singer's final rehearsals and preparations for a series of comeback concerts in London. There are plans for a movie soundtrack as well as a director's cut DVD and two special editions of the film after its theatrical run. Columbia Pictures has paid $60 million for the rights.

full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6789239.ece

So how can Alonzo say Michael wasn´t singing at full level when he was not singing live at all. This makes no sense! So Mike was singing live but not at full level.

He could've been holding back a bit because it's just rehearsal. He doesn't need to give his entire vocal cords just at rehearsals.

But with his audience, he knows to take his vocal levels to the max.

He could've been holding back a bit because it's just rehearsal. He doesn't need to give his entire vocal cords just at rehearsals.

But with his audience, he knows to take his vocal levels to the max.

Yeah but that means Mike was indeed singing live during the rehearsals. So the Alonzo statement makes sense.

Where did the rumors came Mike prerecorded the whole show?

I mean would Columbia pay so much money for a prerecorded show and than release it to cinemas around the world would only make sense if he was singing live.

they're rumors

also, he could have pre recorded for some songs and sang live for others...if it is true which is possible. Any singer would do it with a long conert running for 50 nights.

but we don't know for sure. All we know is that Kenny said he was singing live from that rehearsed footage.

they're rumors

also, he could have pre recorded for some songs and sang live for others...if it is true which is possible. Any singer would do it with a long conert running for 50 nights.

I think you´re right. Can´t wait for the trailer.

can't wait for this movie! when will we know it is DEFFINATLEY happening? or is it...?

The 2 min clips that we all seen sounds like if he was miming or am i wrong?

The 2 min clips that we all seen sounds like if he was miming or am i wrong?

Yeah he was miming. Even though Kenny and Randy say he was singing live :S however he never sung TDCAU live.
I hope he sung Billie Jean live in rehearsals :D
hmm. we'll have to wait and see.

I can't wait for this I really hope it honours Michael's memory in the right way :)

anyone watch geraldo, he said there was a private screening of the MJ concert/movie and people left the screening in tears. i'm gonna be a mess when i see it

Back