This is It 3D Information!!!

bigjakesteed

Proud Member
hello everyone this was posted to my local movie theatres web site about this is it details.
it says there is select segments in 3D!!! absolutely awesome. if you want to check the site go to marqueecinemas. c o m

Michael Jackson's This Is It

"This Is It," features Michael Jackson in his final days rehearsing for a series of comeback concerts in London, shortly before his untimely death. The movie will be drawn from hundreds of hours of rehearsal and behind-the-scenes footage. Jackson was staging his rehearsals at Staples Center and The Forum. The film will also offer select sequences in 3D and will also have a career retrospective and interviews with some of Jackson's closest friends and collaborators.

Rated: PG
Starring: Michael Jackson , Orianthi
Directed by: Kenny Ortega
Run Time: minutes
Released by: Sony Pictures/Columbia Picture

I'm confused, when Kenny Ortega was asked whether the film will be shown in 3D, he said no.

Thanks as this is a cinema I will see this movie. Also I've stayed up-to-date with this movie on sites like disqus which is all about 3D tech. in cinemas and yes..This Is It has parts in 3D

It'll be that smashing glass/bullet stuff i think.

It'll be that smashing glass/bullet stuff i think.

yes,I think so and the part where he slides down the stair case...also you can see,in a certain section,that they was obviously filming somethingagaisnt a green screen,perhaps too, in the trailer.

well with the ticket prices you are paying I better get the 3D segments even thou I would have prefered the whole movie was in 3D! :D

i read something opn lkenny artega,s twitter page where he replied to someone saying it wasn,t 3d,
who.s orianth?where is say starring,sorry if it is a silly question.

Most I have read on film, all say the same that parts in 3D. Maybe Kenny meant to say the whole film it's self was not in 3D.

I think Kenny would have told us if there were 3D segments. I also think a Sony representative said there wouldn't be any 3D.

It looks as though the cinema have done a copy and paste from an old press release. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when the film premieres

yes,I think so and the part where he slides down the stair case...also you can see,in a certain section,that they was obviously filming somethingagaisnt a green screen,perhaps too, in the trailer.

Hmmm....I was just wondering....anybody think that stuff is part of that "dome project" thing we were hearing about?

No, the 3D segments were Thriller, Earth Song and maybe a couple more, but I remember it saying (in relation to the concerts) that the Smooth Criminal video (Staircase slide and window smash) was old style, black and white 2D...

... I'm sure the cinema just copied and pasted Wikipedia :p

The 'dome project' was going to be in 3D, and they had mj in different music videos of his over the years. I would've liked to have seen what MJ had envisioned in 3D, but as others have said Kenny Ortega said it wouldn't be happening.

I think the confusion lies in the kind of animation they used. I think it's 3D animation, not 3D at the theater.

The part from Smooth criminal is in 3D
The part where you can see the forest is 3D

Some parts are recorded in 3D, also a couple songs/performances
But i don't know what they gonna show you in the cinema, they are still making little changes right now.

i can't spoil anymore... :X

Just watch This is It

I think the confusion lies in the kind of animation they used. I think it's 3D animation, not 3D at the theater.

which explains why only certain 3D tech. cinemas are only showing this. cinemas/theaters without the tech. won't show the movie.. thats a fact.

No, the 3D segments were Thriller, Earth Song and maybe a couple more, but I remember it saying (in relation to the concerts) that the Smooth Criminal video (Staircase slide and window smash) was old style, black and white 2D...

... I'm sure the cinema just copied and pasted Wikipedia :p

well thats what i meant you can see from the trailer what will be in 3D I'm sure they will be suprises though,don't you guys think. also the ppl who get to see this early I don't want spoiler please. ;)

Well, I know someone who's business was working with AEG to create 750,000 sets of 3D glasses for the O2 shows.

Perhaps they're planning on using simple blue and red lense technology as all cinemas can deal with this? They also need to use all these 3D glasses!!

i read something opn lkenny artega,s twitter page where he replied to someone saying it wasn,t 3d,
who.s orianth?where is say starring,sorry if it is a silly question.

Orianthi's the guitarist Michael was going to perform with, she's pretty good. :D

Back