This Is It 2009-2010 52 dates - one year - Live Nation (If Only)

Zakk

Proud Member
I just imagined for a second, if Live Nation Sponsored this is it, would they have been more caring towards Michael's wishes? for example.. 52 shows. One show per week, lasting exactly one year. Michael would have been less stressed and his health wouldn't have been damaged unlike the plans made by AEG... I know all of you have your own ideas and opinions but, maybe thing's would've been different if more time was given and it was a lot more of a less hectick schedule. Discuss.

Yeah, it could be cooler. Performing several days per week is stressful, so it would be better a performance per week.
Good idea.

I just imagined for a second, if Live Nation Sponsored this is it, would they have been more caring towards Michael's wishes? for example.. 52 shows. One show per week, lasting exactly one year. Michael would have been less stressed and his health wouldn't have been damaged unlike the plans made by AEG.. not throwing any rumours out there, but this Tour was forced. I know all of you have your own ideas and opinions but, maybe thing's would've been different if more time was given and it was a lot more of a less hectick schedule. Discuss.

One show a week wouldn't have happened with Live Nation either.
That's silly and wasting time and money. It costs a lot of money for a single show to be put on, even if it's sold out.
Factor in living arrangements for all the crew, even if it was just one venue and no travel. They would also have to tear down and build the stage more often (because the arena would still be holding other events, too).

If Michael was only doing 1 show a week, it would not be worth the trouble.

Obviously, Michael had other problems besides doing X amount of shows a week.
Looking at the dates again, it really could not have been spread apart any better. PLUS, he wouldn't have to endure the hastles of going on tour over the world (buses, planes, hotels, etc etc)

The guys over at O2 would never let anyone resident there if they only did one show a week.

Michael had still wanted his show to be the greatest show ever.
The show had to be created, he had to do rehearsals.
We know how nervous Michael was just for the announcement of this is it, I think he had begun to have some kind of stage fright for the first shows.
Stage had been his home but he hadn´t done a show for a long time and most of all terrible things had happened to him and he didn´t know how the audience reactions would be ,he would probably be torn to pieces by the critics.
I think when he had done one or more shows the pressure he felt would have been reduced.

If I were the head of a company like AEG or Live Nation I would have kissed the King of Pop's behind and treated him like royalty, because that's what he was. I would have had so much respect for this 50 year old, mature, beautiful living legend and most talented and hard working entertainer in the history of mankind and pampered him and worked out the best circumstances for him under which to perform. It was such an honor for them to be associated with his name, but I don't see that they realized what they could have done with him. When Michael made the announcement in March that he would give these many concerts in only a few months it felt wrong to me. It all just happened much too fast in my opinion. While I cannot deny that I was excited about it I also felt perplexed. I don't think a few more months preparation would have harmed AEG and Michael obviously needed more time. Even Cirque du Soleil had months and months and months to think about their concept of the show, work out the special effects, choreography etc. And they knew from the beginning that a Michael Jackson show is much more elaborate than a Rolling Stones show for instance where you only have to make sure that they know their spots in front of the microphone. So to give Michael two months to prepare this ambitious show was insane. And yes, in my book Michael Jackson was worth all the trouble in the world.

If I were the head of a company like AEG or Live Nation I would have kissed the King of Pop's behind and treated him like royalty, because that's what he was. I would have had so much respect for this 50 year old, mature, beautiful living legend and most talented and hard working entertainer in the history of mankind and pampered him and worked out the best circumstances for him under which to perform. It was such an honor for them to be associated with his name, but I don't see that they realized what they could have done with him. When Michael made the announcement in March that he would give these many concerts in only a few months it felt wrong to me. It all just happened much too fast in my opinion. While I cannot deny that I was excited about it I also felt perplexed. I don't think a few more months preparation would have harmed AEG and Michael obviously needed more time. Even Cirque du Soleil had months and months and months to think about their concept of the show, work out the special effects, choreography etc. And they knew from the beginning that a Michael Jackson show is much more elaborate than a Rolling Stones show for instance where you only have to make sure that they know their spots in front of the microphone. So to give Michael two months to prepare this ambitious show was insane. And yes, in my book Michael Jackson was worth all the trouble in the world.

exactly. they shouldve known that all the thing's that had happened in the past few years wouldve effected his way of thinking, he was so nervous, to show the world the true and innocent man that he was, out of everyone, and i mean everyone who has ever gone on tour, Michael, in my opinion was the only man who could not only give a theatre production on stage with his dance moves and creative visionary, but also his voice, sending goose bumps all around the world, just listen to the amateur audio of the way you make me feel from june 3rd, his voice was so strong, it sounded like it matured, yes. but the strength and the energy had never gone away, as you can hear in this video. taken by a few lucky fans who experienced the HIStoric magic.

What are you guys talking about?

AEG could not have been any more patient and willing to meet all his needs.
His health problems stemmed from his odd choice of getting sleep (I really wish someone suggested Ambien or Lunesta or something for Michael to get more sleep!)

And how was the process moving on too fast? How slow should it have gone? Should they have moved at a snail pace?
Once he gave the ok to do the shows, a lot of stuff had to be prepped (stage design, dancer auditions, choreographing, band, logistics, clothing design, video creation, etc etc etc)

They pre-process was probably done well ahead of the announcements of the dates. They only need/have so much time to give to rehearsals. I mean, renting the Staples Center alone costs an arm & a leg. Those were obviously done in the last few days/month (as some of the This Is It rehearsals can be seen in a smaller warehouse type building).

And you seem to have shifted the focus of your original post to how he was a great entertainer and such, which goes without saying.

Not trying to be a mean or anything, but just pointing out the flaws in your thinking on the process of putting a show together.

His health problems stemmed from his odd choice of getting sleep (I really wish someone suggested Ambien or Lunesta or something for Michael to get more sleep!)

And how was the process moving on too fast? How slow should it have gone? Should they have moved at a snail pace?
Once he gave the ok to do the shows, a lot of stuff had to be prepped (stage design, dancer auditions, choreographing, band, logistics, clothing design, video creation, etc etc etc)

They pre-process was probably done well ahead of the announcements of the dates. They only need/have so much time to give to rehearsals. I mean, renting the Staples Center alone costs an arm & a leg. Those were obviously done in the last few days/month (as some of the This Is It rehearsals can be seen in a smaller warehouse type building).

And you seem to have shifted the focus of your original post to how he was a great entertainer and such, which goes without saying.

Not trying to be a mean or anything, but just pointing out the flaws in your thinking on the process of putting a show together.

not being rude or anything but this is fanfiction. it's never going to happen, why get so serious? Live Nation are best in Tour promoters. and I think mostly everyone agrees. and maybe you haven't seen private hone movies? because Michael said himself that he loves flying around the world and seeing the reaction of people in different cultures and being face to face with fans.

Things that work for you, may not work for others. There's really nothing "odd" about that. Just a bad form of judgement by using such a dangersou anestetic to get some rest, a bad form of judgement initially. But he used what he thought worked best for him, which is what led him to use it again during the prep for his final tour. With someone who's mind ran at such a pace, who had so much ideas, to think that that issue could simply be resolved with an over the counter drug is somewhat naive.

Same goes for people with pain management. You might rid your pain by taking a couple of motrin, while some people have severe pain that are only helped by stronger pain medication, usually the opiates. What works for you, may not work for someone else.

Back