Things to do in London/ Rock Circus @ Picadilly Circus?

djvernon

Proud Member
I was planned to go to the concert next thursday, but I will go to Londen wednesday. I know Madam Tussaud has got a new statue so I will visit them (which tube-station is the nearest for it?)
But there is a fact I went to London in the mid 90's also and then I visited Rock Circus at Picadilly Circus , where they had a statue of Michael from the Bad-era if I am right. I googled and read somewhere Rock Circus is closed, is that true or did they opened a new one somewhere else in London where they have the Bad-statue? It was a nice attraction with the headphones and music from the artist you are looking at.

Are there any other nice things to do in London? I was planning a trip to the O2 on thursday, but is the memorial place at the O2 really cleaned up?

About recordstores in London: I know a few in the center

Oxford street:
2x HMV (start and end)
2x Virgin Megastore (start & end)
1x HMV near Picadilly Circus
1x Tower Records at Picadilly Circus

I also know a few second hand shops near Picadilly Circus, but are they still there???

Someone can help me because I have no time to walk somewhere and recognize the shop is closed because I will leave London friday about 18:00 to go to Heathrow back to home.

Me and my brother went to London last week for the concert on the 22nd.
When we where in London at about 11:00 we went directly to the Lyric theatre at piccadilly circus to buy Thriller Live tickets.
You got to do that immediately or they will be sold out by the evening.
The show was very good and it's a must see if you're in London anyway.

Carnaby street is a nice shopping street with great shops and some good restaurants.
Last week a lot of shops had sales, so I'm sure you can find some nice bargains.

But just go see Thriller Live and you will have a very good time for sure!

Thanks... I really don't like other people singing songs from Michael Jackson... but thanks for the option. I will take a look at those shops ;)

Hi
Have a great time in London - although it's brief! If go to Mdm Taussauds the nearest tube is Baker Street which is literally down the road - you may find it cheaper if you book on line tickets - the queues outside are horrendous - especially now as its school holidays. The queue goes down the road and you can be in it for over an hour. At least if you book you get an entry time slot. I am going Thursday to see Michael.

O2 still have the boards up - you may have to ask in case they have been moved.

Mier is right - Thriller is a must see if you can get there. We saw this when it opened in Wimbledon - fantastic show. I don't really like other people singing MJ but to be honest we really got into it and I had to see it just because it was about Michael! Don't expect it to be all lookalikes though.

You are right. Rock Circus closed some years ago. I had my photo with that MJ model - very nice it was too! If you are up in Picadilly Circus go into the Trocadero (which is where Rock Circus used to be based) - its full of shops and if you carry on past it its two minutes to leicester square which usually has loads of street entertainment in the summer - fun to watch and lots of shops full of souvenir tat!

Have fun!

D x

I saw the discount tickets for MT, we have booked a cheap late ticket which is value between 18:30 - 19:30 but it's half price 12,50 UKP. Well in one hour we have enough pictures taken from MJ and ourselfs, I think it's possible... or is he ''in the closet''?

Thanks about the reply about O2 Arena, good to see they still have the memorial place somewhere, I hope they will keep it during all the concerts of MJ, he deserve's it and so the fans do. The fans does has to have a place to go if they are in London.

When was was every year in London during the mid 90's till 2000 I went every year to leicester square, it was to see that kind of entertainment.

We will make a 3 day trip to London and we are trying to make it a good trip ;) Thanks for reply

DjVernon when are you leaving for London?
I am going this weekend and bought tickets for Thriller Live. I don't like others singing MJ's songs either, but I just wanna feel a bit with Mike. Thought about Rock Circus, but unfortunately it is closed. MT would be an option. Not sure yet.
I definitly go to O2, probably friday 31th

We leave Londen center about 18:00 on firday july 31th... At Madam Tussaud they have the statue like on the King Of Pop cover, but when you book online you have to pay 12,50 in stead of 25 UKP. But the ticket you then get is for dinertime and is only one hour valid...

Back