They Don't Care About Us footage from This Is It.

WeegieMac

Proud Member
If this is not allowed, I apologise to the Admin/Moderators of the forum. I thought since it was on YouTube, it would be nice to let people who have not managed to see the movie get a look at what Michael was planning.

TDCAU is one of my favourites, as I mentioned in another thread regarding the song, but the 3000+ strong CGI army on the big screen behind Michael, dancing to the beat of the song, is awe inspiring. I can only imagine Michael in full HIStory attire (the gold military costume) dancing with that in the background, his support dancers in similar military attire.

Amazing, but saddening at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCrfCf7hiA

Again, sorry if this breaks any rules of the forum.

i noticed they changed the little inspirational music bit to the clip they released first time?

I hated the way they changed HIStory and used shakier and worse cameras angles than the previously released one to make it look raw and less slick.

I hated the way they changed HIStory and used shakier and worse cameras angles than the previously released one to make it look raw and less slick.

these were not the angles they would use for concert footage
it was just 2 cameramen shooting the rehearsals _ for review
not to be a profession shoot of the performance _

The things I like about the footage is how the army of soldiers was added in the background on the screen, all dancing in tandem ... obviously it's the same 20 or 30 dancers replicated into the distance, but the effect is superb.

And having the "beat" of the soldiers hitting their shoulders with their fists in time to the beat of the actual song adds a little bit more "oomph" to the beat, which I like.

I agree it's not showing the best footage in terms of angles, but the two things I mentioned above are what I love most about the footage ... those, and Michael smiling numerous times during the rehearsal, he genuinely looks like he's enjoying how the song sounds.

This song was all they showed after MJ passed. This footage was all I kept seeing. :(

This song was all they showed after MJ passed. This footage was all I kept seeing. :(

Yeah, the bit we seen all over news channels was the section where Michael was doing the slow moving "extended leg" dance ... best way I can describe it!

As I said in another thread, it's one of my favourites mainly because I used to terrorise my Mum's neighbours back in 95 with TDCAU on repeat, so I have fond memories of the song.

And, sort of unrelated but it came to mind, I also wish I'd kept my Blood On The Dance Floor album stand that I got from Woolworths in 97 once the promotional period of the album's launch had passed. I used to keep all my MJ CD's, videos, and Mini-Discs (oh yes, Mini-Discs, remember those!?) in it.

Good times.

these were not the angles they would use for concert footage
it was just 2 cameramen shooting the rehearsals _ for review
not to be a profession shoot of the performance _

That's what a few critics at times do forget when they watch the movie.

Back