There is another BIG question: Can we call a song as "Michael Jackson song" even if...

stance

Proud Member
It seems all are concentrated on the lead vocals' authenticity discussion.

I think there is also another big question to be discussed in its own thread, down the line:

OK, let's say -as i agree- the lead vocals of Breaking News are all of Michael.

Still... he had nothing with its music and arrangement; and also, we can't know if those vocals were just try-out or not.

Vocals in that song sound like he was singing the song just for he wanted to sing it at that time, not for professional production. Because we know how he did sing (and arrange) same kind of songs before.

Remember how he took pains on a single note in This Is It.

Now comes the question : Can we call a song as "Michael Jackson song" if he had nothing even with a single note in its arrangement but only lead vocals? Is that right to run Michael Jackson's legacy with some music he had never ever heard?

Some people come together and arrange some vocals of him, which only a few people know in which situation they were recorded in, and sell them as "Michael Jackson songs" with his own family's permission. I don't think this would make him rest in peace.

Last edited:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Some people come together and arrange some vocals of him, which only a few people know in which situation they were recorded in, and sell them as "Michael Jackson songs" with his own family's permission. I don't think this would make him rest in peace.

Would really depend on the situation and what vocals were being used, BN does not sound like a bunch of unrelated vocals being thrown together to create a song... but is in fact a "real" song....

Anyway, lots of remixes of songs are made that way, someone is getting the vocals and are creating a new arrangement and sound for the song... nothing strange in that, and it for sure does not mean that the song can not be credited to the original artist.

Now comes the question : Can we call a song as "Michael Jackson song" if he had nothing even with a single note in its arrangement but only lead vocals? Is that right to run Michael Jackson's legacy with some music he had never ever heard?

i know that michael would be so unhappy :( maybe he does not want this album to be out, at least not with the company now, maybe with a different company who will respect him

2pac songs, that came out after his dead, are compiled that way.
His rap vocals mixed with other artists vocals, BUT it was always noted who the singer was singing on the record. the question, is what 2pac wanted or not, is different thing.

bring an album out, and keep quiet about other vocals been used to complete the songs and insist it is only Mj, it's not right. OK, for now we don't know what and who was going to be credited or not, on the album.

to me Michael jackson singing, it is mj song. I won't crack my head, is this how Mj would wanted to sound. If the song is good, cool. As long they don't make him sound like JBieber or Lady GAGA, it's ok.

There's a big difference: this is not a 2pac album and Michael Jackson fans don't want Michael's solo work 'compiled' that way. They want to hear Michael's voice most importantly. 'Messages' by him can be released separately.

^^I guess the next album, isn't anything for you. :smilerolleyes:

What Choice do we have,

Its either this way or we never ever see another Michael Jackson Song.

Going forward and now realising where we are I know I for one would want something of Nothing.

Well said!

It's disgusting to see how people have tried to rationalise this crap that is BN, any faith I had in the fan community died over this rubbish, sad how people are blindly accepting this song because they don't realise they have just opened the doors for sony to pull this kind of crap again in years to come, I for am boycotting this album and I sincerely hope it fails, I was always glad when MJ had success but not this time.

Leave it to you lot to disgrace his legacy by accepting this rubbish.

What Choice do we have,

Going forward and now realising where we are I know I for one would want something of Nothing.
We're not really even seeing a Michael Jackson song now, only a song which features him... :smilerolleyes:

What Choice do we have,

Wow, I thought you said you were neutral on thise because of where you stood?

GAZ that's not neutral. You're saying it's take this or get nothing at all - ever.

There is another option and if you ban me for saying here then that's fine because I have never backed down from what's right and true and if need be I will contact the press to inform fans.

We can buy as much MJ as we want and boycott listening to or buying any other artist from Sony. If we are united in this then Sony will get the message and possibly if they use their senses back down and honor Michael.

They could even try to get Janet to sing on the track so it would be worthy of going on Michael's CD but as it stands now. It's a fraud.

I'm not taping my mouth up and selling Michael out for the price of another CD. I wouldn't do it for 50 million dollars and believe many fans wouldn't either.

To answer the question posed NO we can't!

You can't mix diamonds with glass and call it genuine!!!!!

I think,Sony has full,complete songs and vocal demo of unfinished songs completed with a brand new production.
From a business point of view,is logic release albums with a mix of the two,in this way they can release more albums and make more money.
Fans for sure wants all the best songs put together to make one great album,but unfortunately we have not paid 250 million:evil:,so we have to wait release after release in the following years,to listen all the great tracks Michael left,with some songs Sony choose to fill the albums.Maybe in ten years we can make our own album with all the best songs released:D
For sure,now is better this than a Greatest Hits with one or two new songs.

i know that michael would be so unhappy :( maybe he does not want this album to be out, at least not with the company now, maybe with a different company who will respect him

I agree 100% I also believe that after the hype has settled down, many people will be hugely disappointed with the album. It's not the type of music we've used to hear from him, it's very mainstream.

Back