Theatre Makeup for Everyday

Yeah. I regularly do that kind of thing. I don't believe in any such thing as rules when it comes to makeup. I think it's a form of expression. I'm known for incorporating styles from history and fiction [TV, film, musicals] into my wardrobe and makeup.

Yeah. I regularly do that kind of thing. I don't believe in any such thing as rules when it comes to makeup. I think it's a form of expression. I'm known for incorporating styles from history and fiction [TV, film, musicals] into my wardrobe and makeup.

Yes, I agree. Makeup is about expression.

kindofdisco;3436168 said:
^ Are you someone famous I should know about? ;)

Why, yes! I'm the Marquis de Sade, as my name suggests. It doesn't get more dramatic and theatrical than the divine Marquis, who so loved the theatre! :p

He was, however, somewhat of a failed playwright. His novels were far superior to his plays ("Oxitern"... :puke:), and he was only ever permitted to stage theatrical productions in Charenton Asylum, under the direction of the Abbé de Coulmier (Quills got that much right). They were very popular, though.

So, yes, I'm a famous failed playwright who lives in a French insane asylum. How do you do? ;)

God knows there's nothing more theatrical than 18th century dress and makeup! :p

wig1.jpg

Ben Nye! That's what we use at our theater. I often thought that I'd like to get some of it for home use knowing how well it stays on. The make up is pretty heavy on stage but it wouldn't have to be for every day use. The lip stick didn't stay as well as it suggests unless we used a sealer that they also make. You just dip a q-tip in it and spread it over your lip sticked lips. Then it lasts nicely. I think it feels heavier than regular make up, but then again I guess I haven't tried it for just every day use yet.

Oh one thing you might want to be cautious of is cleaning your face well afterward. It seems to me that towards the end of a run of shows everyone was starting to break out in pimples. Again, that could be due to how much we were using rather than the product itself.

^^Thanks for the tip. I have acne problems without using stage makeup (which I have zero experience with because I try to stay away from stages lol) so I will have to be extra careful. I will order one of the Ben Nye foundations soon and give it a try.

I bet you could mix it partially with a lotion. Maybe a greaseless lotion to avoid clogging pores and to make it last even longer. It's quite concentrated and I think it could use some diluting from what I remember. It's been over a year for me being on stage :) .

Back