The Worst Falsetto

Travis

Proud Member
This is a knockoff of another current topic but I thought it would be fun. Who do you think has a terrible falsetto?

My pick would be Robin Thicke. The guy's falsetto is almost non-existent. You can literally hear him strain to maintain it while he performs. Not only is his artistry vastly overrated but so is his "sexy" FALSEtto.

Your turn!

^ I love Madonna. People can diss her voice but I love its tonality.

Mick Jagger's is not that hot. I guess that's why he doesn't sing that way much. :p I thought males sing falsetto, so I'm not sure how Madonna fits.

Women don't have a falsetto (it's called a head voice).

I thought males sing falsetto, so I'm not sure how Madonna fits.
It doesn't fit. That was just a cheap and immature dig at me after giving my fair criticism of Christina Aguilera (in another thread). :smilerolleyes:

I do apologize it so clearly offended you (mjscarousal) but you really shouldn't take it so personally. I meant no harm.

Last edited:
Theres no need to diss Madonna, shes not got the best female voice, but she uses what shes got very well, Janet and her are my favourite female artists.

Anyway back on topic, Im not sure :lol: I'll keep my thoughts to myself I don't wanna offend anyone :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, there's some real divide about that one. People can't even agree on terms like chest/head register vs voice etc.

I know it might go towards male but people associate it with females and males so it really can apply to both.

It doesn't fit. That was just a cheap and immature dig at me after giving my fair criticism of Christina Aguilera (in another thread). :smilerolleyes:

I do apologize it so clearly offended you (mjscarousal) but you really shouldn't take it so personally. I meant no harm.

Falsetto can really apply to both and its not that big of deal. If you wanted to be specific then you should have said MALE falsetto. And no I never get offended over what someone says over the internet especially if its a wack arguement. I suggest you take your own advice. Madonna has a horrible voice and thats my reponse to this thread.

I know it might go towards male but people associate it with females and males so it really can apply to both.

Falsetto can really apply to both and its not that big of deal. If you wanted to be specific then you should have said MALE falsetto. And no I never get offended over what someone says over the internet especially if its a wack arguement. I suggest you take your own advice. Madonna has a horrible voice and thats my reponse to this thread.

Could you be any more transparent? :rofl:

Madonna doesn't have anything to do with this topic, as you very well know, and therefore makes your argument "whack". I wish people could be a little more upfront about their intentions, especially when they are so obvious. However, it's all good and there are no hard feelings.

Robin Thicke has the worst falsetto - ever. It's so forced and weak. I know many people go apesh*t for Maxwell's but in all honesty - it's nothing special. Oh and Musiq Soulchild's falsetto is godawful.

Actually, Falsetto applies to both men and women.

Could you be any more transparent? :rofl:

Madonna doesn't have anything to do with this topic, as you very well know, and therefore makes your argument "whack". I wish people could be a little more upfront about their intentions, especially when they are so obvious. However, it's all good and there are no hard feelings.

Could you grow up a little?

You asked for people to give their opinions and I did and now your mad about the responce you got... I know Madonna has nothing to do with this topic so why are you trying to make it issue JUST because I gave an opinion you obviously dont agree with because ur fan?

Robin Thicke has the worst falsetto - ever. It's so forced and weak. I know many people go apesh*t for Maxwell's but in all honesty - it's nothing special. Oh and Musiq Soulchild's falsetto is godawful.

Robin Thicke's falsetto isn't the best, but it isn't the worst..and Musiq's falsetto isn't the best either..I LOVE Maxwell's Falsetto..maybe you should listen to his MTV Unplugged album and comeback and tell me if you change your mind..:laugh:

well.. I didn't know anything about falsettos so I decided to youtube them (and this thread needs a youtube treatment badly) so I found this video that talks about the difference between head voice and falsettos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU-OlPet7lk

can anyone tell me if he's right or wrong please?

Actually, as someone who is married to a music major, no it doesn't. It's a common misconception. It is indeed a big debate but most anyone who has studied in music will say that the female falsetto doesn't exist and is indeed head voice and I'll stick with the experts. The debate comes in because men and women use their vocal chords differently. The way men use theirs to produce a falsetto isn't the same as a woman producing the same or equivalent sound. It's kind of confusing.

Last edited:
Back