The world is celebrating Michaels legacy

Experience the magic

Proud Member
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...-Of-King-Of-Pop/Article/200906415320917?f=rss

Moonwalking Jackson Fans Mob London Station

4:27pm UK, Saturday June 27, 2009
Hundreds of Michael Jackson fans have danced in the streets of London to celebrate their hero's life.

15320921.jpg

Fans outside London Liverpool Street station dance in tribute to the King of Pop

At a "flash mob" gathering held outside Liverpool Street station the crowd cheered and held Michael Jackson pictures in the air as the party started with Billie Jean, followed by Thriller and Bad.
Scores of mobile phone cameras were lifted into the air filming people dressed in the superstar's attire and singing his most famous hits.
After the third and final song, Bad, was played, the fans booed and started chanting: "We want more."
To the delight of the spectators, Billie Jean was played again and a small circle was formed in the middle of the crowd for people wanting to show off their moonwalking talent.

15320922.jpg

A picture of Jackson is held high

After the event, some fans went to a pub to have a celebratory drink and toast the star. The event was organised by Milo Yiannopoulls who invited people through social networking sites Facebookand Twitter to moonwalk for Michael.
He said: "Somebody said it as a joke on Twitter at about nine thirty this morning that we should do this mass thing in Liverpool Street station.
"I thought that's funny, and then a couple of minutes later, I thought no let's actually do it."
Mr Yiannopoulls later paid tribute to Michael Jackson.
"Well obviously everybody's interested in the scandal and controversy, but really I think his legacy is the music, as we're here to enjoy the music."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31570429/ns/business-retail/
Sold out! Fans snapping up Jackson's music Singer’s death triggers massive sales of CDs, DVDs, books

APTRANS.gif

updated 3:29 p.m. ET June 26, 2009

NEW YORK - Michael Jackson's death has led to skyrocketing sales of his music and videos, with major retailers like Amazon.com Inc. and Barnes and Noble Inc. selling out of products that have regained immense popularity overnight.
Bill Carr, Amazon's vice president of music and video, said Friday that once the world learned that the pop icon had died Thursday, the Web site sold out within minutes all CDs by Michael Jackson and by the Jackson 5 — the group Jackson and his four older brothers formed out of Gary, Ind., in the late '60s.
Sixty percent of Amazon's CD orders Thursday were for Michael Jackson music, something Carr called "stunning." He said he'd "never seen anything like this" before at Amazon after the death of a pop culture icon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31581736/ns/entertainment-music/

Filipino inmates stage ‘Thriller’ video tribute Prisoners who shot to Web fame with YouTube hit honor Michael Jackson

APTRANS.gif

updated 8:32 a.m. ET June 27, 2009

CEBU, Philippines - The Filipino inmates who shot to global fame with a YouTube video of their "Thriller" dance swayed and stomped again Saturday in a behind-bars tribute to their idol, Michael Jackson.
After being told of Jackson's death Thursday in Los Angeles, the 1,500 inmates at the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center hit the exercise yard, practicing for nine hours Friday night — and into the wee hours of Saturday morning — for the show. They took breaks only to eat or when it rained, said professional choreographer Gwendolyn Lador, hired by the prison to teach the inmates the dance.
"I felt sad because we lost our idol," said inmate Wenjiel Resane, who plays the role of Jackson's girlfriend in the video.

Crisanto Nieri, 38, was feeling a little extra stress. He danced Jackson's part in "Thriller."
"Even as a kid, he was already my idol," said Nieri, who is serving seven years on drug charges. "I am happy that our video became famous, but I feel some pressure to perform well."
A crowd of 700 Cebuanos and foreign tourists watched the performance from a second-floor corridor, swaying to the music and applauding as the inmates, dressed in orange prison T-shirts and sweat pants, stomped and clapped in unison in the hilltop prison, behind thick stone walls topped by electrified razor wire.
Other numbers included "Ben," "I'll Be There" and "We Are the World." The inmates then held up a 5-by-10 foot tarpaulin showing Michael Jackson holding a sword with his name written below it.
Others waved the flags of the Philippines and other nations.
Dedicated to late pop star
Before the show, the performers dedicated a prayer to Jackson's family.
"I was sad because one of the songs of Michael Jackson, `Thriller,' made us famous around the world," said Francis Mercader, 36, who has spent a year in detention while on trial for drug charges.
Byron Garcia, the Cebu provincial security consultant who came up with the idea of adding synchronized dancing to poorly attended exercise sessions, said he was surprised by the popularity of the 2007 video — one of more than a dozen inmate dance numbers he has posted on YouTube.
"Thriller" has attracted 24.3 million hits since it was posted two years ago, with nearly a million of them in the 24 hours since news of Jackson's death spread.
The inmates "consider Michael Jackson as a god here," Garcia said. "If not for Michael Jackson, they would not have this international recognition."
"The fame brought them back their self-esteem," he told reporters. "So that's why we have these public performances."

'I just can't get enough'
Inmate Alfredo Gaballo, 52, says Jackson "inspired us, so we are all sad about his death."
"The performance today has been amazing," said Karen Benrad, 29, from London. She and about two dozen foreign and local tourists later joined the inmates at the prison quadrangle, dancing to the tune of "Macarena" and "I just can't get enough."
Kim Hua-sung, a 23-year-old South Korean student in Cebu who watched the inmates' performance, said he is also a Jackson fan. "I'm sad that I can't listen to more songs from him."
In Taiwan, two top Michael Jackson impersonators donned fedora hats and sequined outfits Saturday, moonwalking to "Billie Jean" in their own tribute to the pop star.
Thirty-year-old Wang Chih-wei told The Associated Press he secured a photo op with his idol during Jackson's whirlwind tour in 1993 after winning an impersonation contest.
"I didn't know much English so I could only tell him, 'I love you,'" Wang said. "He was very friendly. I melted when he put his hand on my shoulder for the photo."

Video:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/20071803#20071803

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1957840

BET Awards to pay tribute to Jackson

(CNN) -- In 2003, the BET Awards had a priceless moment when Michael Jackson surprised his idol, James Brown, by showing up on stage where the duo thrilled the audience with an electrifying performance.
art.brownjackson.gi.jpg

Michael Jackson performed with James Brown at the BET Awards in 2003. This year's show is dedicated to Jackson.

Now, both the King of Pop and the Godfather of Soul are gone.
Sunday night's 9th Annual BET Awards is sure to be filled with tributes to Jackson, whose videos and performances were a staple for the network in his heyday. BET has already paid tribute to the singer, going wall-to-wall with Jackson videos Thursday night.
Many of the celebrities scheduled to attend the show were also fans of the singer and it is expected that the night will provide an opportunity for them to salute the star.
"Words cannot capture the impact Michael Jackson has had on pop culture around the world," said Debra L. Lee, chairman and chief executive officer of BET Networks. "He changed the way we hear and feel and move to music; he epitomized what true musical talent and star power really mean. He is and always will be the King of Pop."
Academy Award-winning actor and R&B singer Jamie Foxx is set to host the show. Several of the scheduled performers include artists, such as Ne-Yo and Beyonce, who have acknowledged the influence of Jackson on their music and careers.
The annual event is a premier one for the network and this year's plan was to recognize the musical legacy and longstanding career of the legendary soul trio, the O'Jays, with the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Artists Alicia Keys and Wyclef Jean are to be honored with the Humanitarian Award for their respective charitable work.
BET CEO Lee said Sunday's show will be dedicated to Jackson and will also pay tribute to his legacy.
Lee reflected on Jackson's career and his importance to BET -- which stands for Black Entertainment Television -- in a prepared statement after his death, while also offering heartfelt prayers for the singer's family and friends.
"Michael's influence is felt every day in so many ways at BET Networks, and it's been that way throughout our network's entire 29-year history," she said. "We watched him grow up and, like everyone around the world, he feels like he is a member of our family.
"He will be missed more than we can say ... but his legend and memory live on in the artists, musicians, producers, dancers, fans and everyone else who looks to him for inspiration."
The BET Awards is scheduled to run live on the cable network Sunday at 8 p.m.

It took for him to pass for this to happen. Its hard to get my mind around sometimes, but I have no doubt that the Great Intelligence of the Universe knows what He is doing.

Now is apparently the time, for the world to get its act together. And so I'm starting wit me.

It took for him to pass for this to happen. Its hard to get my mind around sometimes, but I have no doubt that the Great Intelligence of the Universe knows what He is doing.

Now is apparently the time, for the world to get its act together. And so I'm starting wit me.
Very well said! :yes: Everything happens for a reason.

Thanks for the mentionings!

Back