The Wiz is on right now.

Alyssa

Proud Member
Uk and Ireland people.. turn ur tv's to channel 3.. the wiz is just starting.

hope this is posted in the right section :)

The Wiz was on over here a couple times in the past couple months and I kept catching the end every time! Made me so mad.
I love that movie, Michael is darling in it. :wub:

The Wiz was on over here a couple times in the past couple months and I kept catching the end every time! Made me so mad.
I love that movie, Michael is darling in it. :wub:

hahaha..i caught the end of it everytime too! :lol:

I love 'The Wiz', shame they don't show it at more sensible times though!! :( Not many people I know have seen it/heard about it! Is it true that it's on broadway and coming over to London soon?!? Heard this on the board a little while ago :s

I love 'The Wiz', shame they don't show it at more sensible times though!! :( Not many people I know have seen it/heard about it! Is it true that it's on broadway and coming over to London soon?!? Heard this on the board a little while ago :s

The Wiz is not currently on Broadway, but it did have a limited run production last summer at City Center (NYC) as part of their "Encores" series. I saw it and enjoyed it quite a bit as it was the first time I'd seen the stage version. However it was not well received by critics and that production will probably not be seen again. I have not heard anything about a London revival, but I hope someone will choose to do it again sometime! There is always such interest in Wizard of Oz adaptations (like Wicked) and I think it could do well especially if well-cast.

I think I'm gonna watch the movie tonight on DVD now! :D

I still, after all my years as a fan. Never seen the Wiz. :fear:

I must get around to watching that. :eek:

Aww!! What is Channel 3? The Irish channel TV3?

Em its Utv 3. I can only get it cus i live in the North of Ireland. i dont think ya can get it down south. the same channel coronation street is on.. haha thats it.

is this movie really any good? And is if it is good .. is it only good because of MJ?

Em its Utv 3. I can only get it cus i live in the North of Ireland. i dont think ya can get it down south. the same channel coronation street is on.. haha thats it.

Aww no I don't think we get UTV 3. Unless it's on Sky Digital. Haha we get Corrie on UTV and TV3 (Rep of Irl channel). Ye get TV3 too I'm sure. My granduncle has it up there.

is this movie really any good? And is if it is good .. is it only good because of MJ?

hahaha...imo, it's not the greatest...but Michael really is fantastic in it! As with everything, he breathes magic into everything he does..:wub: :D

its class!! i love it.. its so cute... everything michael did.. i was laughing...and i was like 'awwwwwww' hehehe so cute.

Aww no I don't think we get UTV 3. Unless it's on Sky Digital. Haha we get Corrie on UTV and TV3 (Rep of Irl channel). Ye get TV3 too I'm sure. My granduncle has it up there.

yeah on sky its channel 103 for me. and yeah i have TV3 up here... its channel 8 here i think.. well on mine it is lol.

Alyssa_MJ_ireland said:
yeah on sky its channel 103 for me. and yeah i have TV3 up here... its channel 8 here i think.. well on mine it is lol.

:lol: And TV3 is 103 here...hahaha confusing!!

ooooh, the wiz :)
I have it on dvd and I'll admit, ususally I fast forward to where dorthy meets the scarecrow. I had forgotten how the beginning goes!! lol

I love it when Michael says..."They say a sucker is born every minute" sooooooo cute when he says that...he really does sound quite sad there, and I wanna give him a big hug in his adorable costume :wub:

They always show the wiz at about 2 or 3 am in the UK its so annoying !!, but I've got it on DVD so no biggi :lol:

Back