'The Wiz' Blu-ray to be released Nov 30th (US)

Speechless_UK

Proud Member
15402_front.jpg

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that, on November 30, it will release the 1978 Sidney Lumet movie The Wiz, a re-imagining of the Wizard of Oz tale, based on the Broadway musical of the same title, starring Diana Ross and Michael Jackson. It will be presented in a single-sided BD50 disc, with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

The only special feature listed is the featurette Wiz on down the Road.

Great, I'll pick it up if it's €10,- or less.

It's not really worth more to me since the quality won't be a lot better then the dvd.
(that's my experience with old movies released on BR).

Now release a MJ tour on BR please!!!

Funny how they just keep on releasing DVD stuff in Blu-Ray.
Is it really that hard to release something new like a concert or two?

Funny how they just keep on releasing DVD stuff in Blu-Ray.
Is it really that hard to release something new like a concert or two?

Well, it's still nice that they are getting this stuff out on Blu-Ray, the new concert DVD's will happen soon I hope... I'm praying for some Rome Bad Tour :pray:

Pls don't screw it up like the Moonwalker blu-ray

I don't get why they release this on blu-ray, only MJ fans will buy it.

Well, it's still nice that they are getting this stuff out on Blu-Ray, the new concert DVD's will happen soon I hope... I'm praying for some Rome Bad Tour :pray:

that would be soooo incredible! :woohoo:

PLEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSE!! :pray:

I have the DVD and will definitely get the blue ray when it comes out. Yes, some concerts on blue ray PLEASE.

The Wiz is a great movie , MJ deserved an awards for his role,,

I don't get why they release this on blu-ray, only MJ fans will buy it.

well, you know... I think that might still be a lot of people :D

You know --> :2cents:

but in a positive side, it's good to have all this kind of things in different formats, so those won't get lost in time, like my old vhs recording... and cassette recordings :no:

confession time i cant sit through the wiz i try and to me it just seems so bad

Lmao, yeah, certain parts I'm just like "meh". But the cast is excellent and so is the music and overall I like it. :yes:

I wouldnt expect that to be the final quality of the Blu-Ray.

Thats just a trailer they have dug up off the web for the original movie from somewhere - lets see if we get a Blu-Ray trailer to show off the quality soon? :yes:

confession time i cant sit through the wiz i try and to me it just seems so bad

OK I admit that Diana Ross is no Judy Garland.............

But I just watch it for Michael's "Scarecrow Dancing".......

..........Oh and his acting is pretty good as well!!!!

Why does everything keep on getting released on blu ray. Sorry but i'm not about to spend alot of money on the blu ray dvd player itself. Imma stick with to my plain old DVD player.

Blu-Ray is soo much better than DVD.

And sound is waayy better, so for music movies to be released on Blu-Ray is perfect.

Can't wait for much more MJ in HD picture and sound.

Yeah, tbh The Wiz is a pretty terrible film, Diana Ross is awful in it, but Michael is amazing in it so I just skip to his scenes!

"The Wiz" is an amazing film. So highly stylized. It's a film committed to it's stylization. A lot of people are turned off by that 70's urban funk styling, but if you find an appreciated for the urban fantasy land they've created, you really appreciate the wonderment that went into that film!

I agree with Electric. It is kind of an important movie emphasising the era it was made in. There are not too many movies from each decade that stylize the era they were made.

You have to remember that The Wiz was the first time Michael got to break away from his family..............

.........If he never got away from them then you could say goodbye to all the solo albums he released and the World Tours!!!!!

Back