the wimbledon final!!! WOW what a match!!!!

Chaos

Proud Member
I feel sorry for roger, he fought back hard but at the end Nadal played just a little better then him, I did want Roger to win but with the way Nadal plays I reckon he has earned it!!!

such a great match:clapping:

Wow, Congratulations. I am happy for Nadal. I didn't watch it though. I do not like the mens matches. It isn't much fun watching aces flying pass you.

Great match. I thought that Nadal was going to lose it after letting Federer back in, but good for him! I was pulling for him to do it.

best match i've ever witnessed. rooted for Roga but Nadal outplayed and outclassed him completely.

That match was awesome! I'm a tennis fan, an American fan so I root for Roddick and Blake, but I think Nadal just won himself a new fan!!! He just was..awesome!

I wanted Federer to win :(
I couldn't even watch the game to the end, I was so scared :smilerolleyes:

Yay I wanted him to win :clapping: But I forgot to watch it :doh:

Nadal is destined to break Federer's records. i mean he's 22 and look at what he's accomplished already. he also has unbelievable respect for Roger and yet finds ways to make him look average.

i like his demeanor as well along with the image he's portraying for tennis.

^ True, Nadal is very talented. And since he's "destined to break Federer's records" I wish Federer could win his last tournaments before he quits :cry:

How old is Federer? When is he going to quit?

And let's not forget that Federer is amazing player, too.

Last edited:
Nadal is destined to break Federer's records. i mean he's 22 and look at what he's accomplished already. he also has unbelievable respect for Roger and yet finds ways to make him look average.

Well, I don't know about all that now. Nadal has a long way to go and Federer is still the best tennis player in the world. It wasn't like Nadal beat him in 3 straight sets. It went the full 5 plus a long tie breaker at the end.

I also think that both Nadal and Federer represents the sport of tennis well and will continue to do so for years to come.

How old is Federer? When is he going to quit?

And let's not forget that Federer is amazing player, too.
Roger is a living legend and has single-handedly revived Tennis for the new millennium.

he's 26 now and has promised to come back next year in his speech after the career-changing loss to Nadal. in fact, Nadal was (again) only praising Federer in his own speech and called him the greatest player in history.

i hope the rivalry continues between the two for the next few years. head to head matches are now is 12-7 to Nadal.

26 only?! He could have many years ahead if he decides so..
He will always be the Champion for me ^_^

Well, I don't know about all that now. Nadal has a long way to go and Federer is still the best tennis player in the world. It wasn't like Nadal beat him in 3 straight sets. It went the full 5 plus a long tie breaker at the end.
barring a few risky and beautiful forehands (along with all the crucial first serves) from Federer, Nadal completely outplayed him. i never looked at the stats on the rallies, but Rafa crushed him.

there's no denying that Nadal's feat on clay is awesome already but ever since he won the Artois in Queen's Club a week after the French (never been done before, btw), i knew he'd get his historic day at the All-England.

his only challenge for the next few years is Federer (and i'm ruling Djokovic out) and for a 22-year-old's will and determination and fighting spirit alone -i really don't see Federer coming back to his reign.

I also think that both Nadal and Federer represents the sport of tennis well and will continue to do so for years to come.

From now on Nadal leads 12-7 in the heads to heads against Federer .

It is becoming very hard for Federer to be so much outplayed by Nadal . Nadal beat Federer in the Rollang Garros final 3 weeks ago in 3 straigh set , i would say Nadal crushed him in 3 straigh sets : 6/1 6/3 6/0

That was the worst Federer lost for the score , but for the tournament Wimbledon 2008 was the saddest lost of Federer .

For a year Federer is just no more able to beat Nadal as he does with the other players . He has a sort of complexe against him , what sort of complexe? no one knows , since everybody know Federer is far way more talented than Nadal (nothing against Nadal , dont get me wrong) , but Nadal took the edge over Federer .

If Federer doesnt win the US Open in August , it will be the first time since 2003 he wins no Gran slam , and definitely ,f the FEDERER ERA IS OVER !!!

But Fed will remain an incredible player and a fucking legend .

Last edited:
since everybody know Federer is far way more talented than Nadal (nothing against Nadal , dont get me wrong) ,
woah, i'd definitely disagree there. there's a popular misconception that Nadal is all about power and speed - that isn't so. his tennis and matchplay are of pure natural talent.

at Nadal's age today, Federer had only just won his first Grand Slam while Rafa mastered both clay and grass in one year - something that hasn't been accomplished in 40-odd years.

that's not to say that he's more talented than Federer either - they are both so different and yet both make the game look so easy.

no one can stay on top 4ever. its nadal's turn...finally lol. that match was amazing and fun to watch. Nadal made some AMAZING saves and shots. Like that one play when Federer hit a lob and Nadal slammed it...me and my family were like "YEAH! GO NAdAL!!!" But we turned back to the tv and the POINT wasnt even OVER! Federer (who i nickname 'the tennis robot') RETURNED IT! :lol: Federer basically told Nadal "Access DENIED". Its like hitting to a brick wall! Just like he did on all those break and champianship points that Nadal didn't get through. lol But Nadal finished the point. Both players are incredible. But i love the fact that Nadal has so much heart and determination and persistance for someone so young.

me and my sister were laughhhing through that whole game though. We said we'd love to be in the audience...cuz we'd be kicked out :lol: Everytime the crowd died down and Nadal was about to serve we'd shout "PLAY YO' GAME PLAYA!" :lol: :lol: We'd get taken out in a minute.

Another funny moment is when they panned to Federer's family when he made a good hit. they turn to his father and family and the announcer was like "Look at the reaction of the mother! she's so happy! Look at the reaction of the father! so proud! And look at his coach/hitting partner"...then they pan to him and he gave NO REACTION. stone face :lol: It was such a stark contrast from the family. Me and my sister said he was thinking, "yep, not surprising. I programed him to do that." :lol:...going off of my "Robot" nickname lol

throughout the match we wanted Nadal to win so bad me and my sister were yelling at the screen..."END it nadal!! FORCE QUIT!! FORCE QUIT Federer!" :lol:

Last edited:
"tennis robot LOL" that's harsh. the man's so suave, come on
f_laugh.gif

it was a close match, u make it out as if nadal thrashed him completely :mello:

woah, i'd definitely disagree there. there's a popular misconception that Nadal is all about power and speed - that isn't so. his tennis and matchplay are of pure natural talent.

at Nadal's age today, Federer had only just won his first Grand Slam while Rafa mastered both clay and grass in one year - something that hasn't been accomplished in 40-odd years.

that's not to say that he's more talented than Federer either - they are both so different and yet both make the game look so easy.

I have to say i am agree with you for a part .

You know as you can see on my pseudo , i am a tennis fan and particularly the Williams sisters .

In the tennis world when one has a lifted backhand one is directly considered as talented , i dont know why it is a stupid conception of the game . Just because you havent got a one hand back hand but a 2 hand back hand (sorry i dont know the word in english but think you understand me) doenst mean you are not talented , and i think from year to year i am being contaminated by this philosophy unfortunately .

For example they all regret Justin Henin because she was so much complete , so much that so much this ...
wereas i think that between the players of Justin Henin's generation , the Williams were the ones who realy revolutioned the women tennis game . Justin Henin only followed the previous players like Steffi Graf or Conchita Martinez , and to me (just my opinion ) , i see her game as boring , i dont like at all this sort of game that i find too slow ( balls far away from the net ; too much time to win a point ) bref ...i feel like watching à 1970 game .

When the Willaims sisters broke out , i was so much impressed by their game : speeding , acurate , power , spectacular and above their strong fighting spirit .That what made them hated by the public .

They do as if Justin Henin made a lot for the game , but in reality she didnt add nothing in the game , she was only a winner of gran slam , but also a follower regarding the evolution of the game .

See the new generation of woman player , they almost all play like the Williams sister , OK maybe this can be a bad thing for the game itself because everybody is playing the same sort of game , but this also proves that the Williams have had a very big impact on the women game far more than Justin Henin .

But i dont why , i dont like justin Henin game but at the same time i love Federer one while they have the same kind of game , maybe because Federer 's game is faster and more acurate , and contrary to Henin he is able to invent all sort of magical points ( like Martina Hingins used to do) .

As for the talented thing i stik to my opinion ; OK i have a bit exagerated by saying "far more " , but you must recognised that technicaly Federer is more complete than Nadal ...his serve is a shit technicaly speaking , his bachhand almost perfetc , his footstep perfetc ,he moves realy ..... Federer is more talented , but it doesnt mean he is strongest than Nadal , but only more talented .

Nadal has to improve his serve .

Last edited:
well it's the transiton of your tennis on surfaces that's proven so hard for most 'geniuses' if you like. but i'm not saying he's talented because of this transition, but his enigmatic style and matchplay along with some of the most ridiculous shots i've ever seen make him very talented no doubt.

and you must be extatic being a Williams' fan this year
f_laugh.gif
great stuff from Venus.

also remember, Federer's killer serve and aces were no where as efficienta and consistent until a few years ago ;). inept talent always needs hard work behind it.

other than that, i agree with ya :D

incredible mens finals this year the best ever at Wimbledon IMO. the Wiliams sisters are incredible when they are motivated. great weekend at WImbledon. CHEERS!!!!!!

barring a few risky and beautiful forehands (along with all the crucial first serves) from Federer, Nadal completely outplayed him. i never looked at the stats on the rallies, but Rafa crushed him.

there's no denying that Nadal's feat on clay is awesome already but ever since he won the Artois in Queen's Club a week after the French (never been done before, btw), i knew he'd get his historic day at the All-England.

his only challenge for the next few years is Federer (and i'm ruling Djokovic out) and for a 22-year-old's will and determination and fighting spirit alone -i really don't see Federer coming back to his reign.
Yes, Nadal did outpower him in the first two sets, but Federer showed stamina and in a sense, he plays smart. Federer's problem is that he had all kinds of chances to break Nadal's serve and he blew it with unforced errors.

Also, Federer isn't some old man here, the guy is only a few years older than Nadal. I think I need to see several more matches between them before I rule it over for Federer.

From now on Nadal leads 12-7 in the heads to heads against Federer .

It is becoming very hard for Federer to be so much outplayed by Nadal . Nadal beat Federer in the Rollang Garros final 3 weeks ago in 3 straigh set , i would say Nadal crushed him in 3 straigh sets : 6/1 6/3 6/0

That was the worst Federer lost for the score , but for the tournament Wimbledon 2008 was the saddest lost of Federer .

For a year Federer is just no more able to beat Nadal as he does with the other players . He has a sort of complexe against him , what sort of complexe? no one knows , since everybody know Federer is far way more talented than Nadal (nothing against Nadal , dont get me wrong) , but Nadal took the edge over Federer .

If Federer doesnt win the US Open in August , it will be the first time since 2003 he wins no Gran slam , and definitely ,f the FEDERER ERA IS OVER !!!

But Fed will remain an incredible player and a fucking legend .
Like all great players who play at a level that no other plays, Federer's biggest problem is Federer. Perhaps he isn't as hungry as a Nadal. Perhaps his time has passed, but I need to see Federer completely faulter before I say it's all over for him....

he's definitely still got a few years of physical peak left - i mean people, even McEnroe, are now supporting an "Agassi-esque return" for Federer - which is just over-the-top dramatisation of it all. but i think that even with all the unnecessary drama and build up to Wimbledon he's been affected psychologically ever since Roland Garros and last night didn't help, either. anyway, the rivalry will continue and i'll continue loving every moment of these legendary times of ours in tennis
f_smiley.gif

he's definitely still got a few years of physical peak left - i mean people, even McEnroe, are now supporting an "Agassi-esque return" for Federer - which is just over-the-top dramatisation of it all. but i think that even with all the unnecessary drama and build up to Wimbledon he's been affected psychologically ever since Roland Garros and last night didn't help, either. anyway, the rivalry will continue and i'll continue loving every moment of these legendary times of ours in tennis
f_smiley.gif

I can't believe I used to feel sry for that prick McEnroe....:smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:

Back