The whole Michael album is on Radio 2's A Playlist

Tony R

Proud Member
This is great. I've never seen a full album make the playlist before.

Radio 2 is the UK's most listened to radio station, I heard them play Hollywood Tonight this morning (making it the first song I've heard in 2011!) and wondered if it was on their playlist, but discovered it's not just HT but the whole album! How good is that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/music/playlist/

Radio 2 Playlist - Week Commencing: 1 January 2011

A List
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Bruce Springsteen-
Ain’t Good Enough For You
Caro Emerald- Riviera Life
Cee-Lo Green- It’s OK
Diane Birch - Fools
Edei- Loved
James Blunt - So Far Gone
Michael Jackson - ALBUM: Michael
Rumer - Am I Forgiven
The Plain White T’s- Rhythm Of Love

Awesome!

When it was released I think they played:
Monster
Keep Your Head Up
Breaking News
Hollywood Tonight
(I Can't Make It) Another Day

Believe me, this is REALLY good news!

BBC Radio2 is the most listened to radio station in the UK.

How on earth the whole album can be on the playlist. Are you sure?

Radio 2 do this quite often. They playlisted the whole Take That album and the whole Annie Lennox album last month.

Still, it's good news.

Tony R;3166756 said:
This is great. I've never seen a full album make the playlist before.

Radio 2 is the UK's most listened to radio station, I heard them play Hollywood Tonight this morning (making it the first song I've heard in 2011!) and wondered if it was on their playlist, but discovered it's not just HT but the whole album! How good is that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/music/playlist/

Radio 2 Playlist - Week Commencing: 1 January 2011

A List
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Bruce Springsteen-
Ain’t Good Enough For You
Caro Emerald- Riviera Life
Cee-Lo Green- It’s OK
Diane Birch - Fools
Edei- Loved
James Blunt - So Far Gone
Michael Jackson - ALBUM: Michael
Rumer - Am I Forgiven
The Plain White T’s- Rhythm Of Love

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! :vishenka_34:
As I said before, the album "Michael" contains the BEST new music available. "Word of Mouth" and a good listening session are the best PR for Michael's music. :agree:

Radio 2 do this quite often. They playlisted the whole Take That album and the whole Annie Lennox album last month.

Still, it's good news.

And they did it with 'Michael' in December - but that was on the 'B' Playlist and this is the 'A' playlist!

Haven't known that before!

I was aware that they'd been playing a range of songs from the album, so not a huge surprise. Still very good news, of course.

Hi, We listen to radio 2 at work & a track from the chosen album of the week is played around 04.20 and again around 11.20. Not sure if it is played again later in the day.
There has been at least one (usually more) tracks played daily since 'Michael' was realeased. Early morning they often play Hollywood Tonight.

A radio playlist is the songs they play on rotation. It doesn't mean they'll play the whole album back to back at a certain time.

wow this is great, i've heard hold my hand quite a few times on there, but none of the others.................yet

xx

Back