The Weeknd's cover of Dirty Diana

Wow Great cover Weeknd did Justice to the song. My ears are very happy :)
OMG Im still listening and Im overwhelmed. I think MJ would be happy with his work
Im NOT Impressed easily. I usually hate MOST covers. but the spirit of MJ lives on in this one

I have it on repeat now and sharing with everyone I know -

I like this comment
Jacko is moon-walkin on the clouds to this shit. One of the coolest covers I've EVER heard. RIP TO? THE GREATEST.
TheQuist52 23 minutes ago

Wow, It's really a great cover! This dude has a bright future!

OMG, that's a COVER... :blush:
I thought it was a 'remix' at first and then I realized it wasn't Michael's voice
:scratch:so yep, I'm IMPRESSED too...
Thanks Qbee :ciao:

I don't like it. His voice is annoying and nasally. It sounds like a bad imitation. IMO. But hey, when you get used to hearing something done a certain way, it is hard not to be biased. What can I say?

I still don´t want to listen when others do covers of Michael´s songs.
I´m not there yet.

Wow Great cover Weeknd did Justice to the song. My ears are very happy :)
OMG Im still listening and Im overwhelmed. I think MJ would be happy with his work
Im NOT Impressed easily. I usually hate MOST covers. but the spirit of MJ lives on in this one

I have it on repeat now and sharing with everyone I know -

I like this comment

I see the quote calls Michael .."Jacko".....lost me right there,..:(

I don't like it. His voice is annoying and nasally. It sounds like a bad imitation. IMO. But hey, when you get used to hearing something done a certain way, it is hard not to be biased. What can I say?
Agreed...I've never heard anyone do this one justice...no offense to him, but just..no Lol

The point about doing a song cover is not to improve it, it is to pay tribute and put your own soul into a work that you appreciate

I think he tried and did okay, much better than the guy from Xfactor that is for future. But again, imo NO ONE can touch Michael's version. It is perfection and a masterpiece. The instrumentation on this one I didn't like at all. But, it is always nice that they pay tribute to Michael. That is always good, imo even though they will never come close.

Really? I'm shocked. I think I'm usually very, very open to MJ covers and remixes--this is one of the very few I didn't like. I'm just not a fan of this guy's voice at all. Yeah, it's better than that guy from Xfactor and some of the Glee covers (even though I LOVE Glee) but I wouldn't say it's good either.

Back