The Weekend News Jan 15 - 17

mariemarie

Guests
Hey guys. How are you doing? Please continue to help and donate whatever you can. I know I feel helpless just sitting here and watching the news as more and more devestating images comes from Haiti. Keep them in your thoughts and in your prayers.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2001 - Michael Jackson's CD single for "Butterflies" was released commercially in the U.S.

2003 - Michael Jackson attended Maurice Gibb's private funeral.

2004 - Michael Jackson's video "Number Ones" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

2005 - Michael Jackson was admitted to the hospital with flu-like symptoms which delayed the start of jury selection for a week. Jackson was hospitaized overnight.

butterflies.jpg

I feel so terrible for what is going on in Haiti! I'm really worried! This is so sad, Haiti have not received any aid yet, the docks are damaged and there is a problem with the airport, the streets are filled with rubble and debris from collapsed buildings. :( Most of the aid is having to go through the UN

I know, it's heartbreaking. But help are there and on it's way, although right now there's some difficulties with the airport and the roads.

I heard that Bangladesh, one of the poorest countries, have provided help as well. All eyes and hearts are on Haiti.

hi :waving: is it o.k i post some news too i found alot :D

QVC EXCLUSIVE:‘ THIS IS IT’ COLLECTOR’S EDITION
11th January 2010
Michael Jackson fans can now get their hands on the version of ‘This Is It’ that includes all the bonus footage. QVC is offering an exclusive collector's edition of the concert film beginning today on its website. The online shopping site is also throwing in customized MJ postcards with purchases. The collector's edition of This Is It can be purchased at QVC for $27.84.
Click on the link below to purchase your copy:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/7e9cb;www...ackson-This-Is-It-DVD-w4-Collectors-Postcards
Source: QVC
-------------------------------------------------------
MJ ESTATE REQUESTS MORE MONEY FOR CHILDREN
11th January 2010
Today, in a Los Angeles courtroom, the attorneys for the estate of Michael Jackson asked Judge Mitchell Beckloff to increase "the family allowance to the children." The lawyers wouldn't reveal in open court what the money was for.
Howard Weitzman told http://www.facebook.com/l/7e9cb;RadarOnline.com that the lawyers will be formally submitting the amount to the judge for consideration.
Joe Jackson's request for a family allowance will be heard on January 28th.
Source: Radar Online
------------------------------------------------------
SEE MJ’S ‘THIS IS IT’ THRILLER COSTUME
10th January 2010
‘This Is It’ was a planned series of fifty concerts by Michael Jackson to be held at The O2 arena in London. They were scheduled to begin in July 2009 and continue through March 2010. Less than three weeks before the first concert date, and with all concerts sold out, Jackson died after suffering cardiac arrest. During CES 2010, Sony had a special glass booth that showed off Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume (designed by Zaldy) for the “This Is It” Tour. It also had a shirt worn by Michael Jackson in rehearsals, courtesy of the Michael Jackson Estate.
Click on the link below to watch a video clip from the 2010 CES:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/7e9cb;www...ons-thriller-costume-for-the-this-is-it-tour/
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/7e9cb;sonyinsider.com
----------------------------------------------------
SEND A MESSAGE TO MICHAEL
6th January 2010
A university student is working on a project collecting messages to be sent to Forest Lawn, in Glendale, California. If you would like to send a message or need further information, please email mjmessages8@yahoo.com.
Fans from Southern California will deliver the messages to Forest Lawn for any fans unable to be there personally.
The final date for messages or photographs has been set for January 15th.
Source: Ahmad
---------------------------------------------------------
JOE JACKSON SUBPOENAS DEATH DOCUMENTS
2nd January 2010
Michael's father, Joe Jackson, has subpoenaed the UCLA Medical Center for records related to his death on June 25, triggering a sharp reaction from MJ's estate lawyer, Howard Weitzman, who has termed the move improper. Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman sent two subpoenas to the Medical Center seeking Michael's medical records, autopsy reports, autopsy photos, medications and prognosis assessments.
Joe Jackson told TMZ that he believes the documents will reveal evidence of foul play in Michael's death. The entire Jackson family is behind the subpoenas, including Michael's mother Katherine, Joe adds. The subpoenas, MJ's estate lawyer Weitzman told TMZ, violate MJ's right to privacy and physician-patient privileges. He also added that the subpoenas are irrelevant to Joe Jackson's only legal claim - a financial allowance.
Source: TMZ
---------------------------------------------
DR SUSAN ETOK ASKS FOR REMOVAL FROM CREDITOR LIST
2nd January 2010
The long list of creditors vying for a slice of Michael Jackson’s estate has just shrunk - one woman named as a potential creditor has no idea why she’s entitled to the fortune. British resident Dr. Susan Etok, a friend of Michael’s, has been included in the list of possible creditors.
But Etok insists she has no reason to place a claim with Michael’s estate and has contacted the executors to have her name removed. The list of possible creditors was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court last week.
MJ’S BROTHERS AND JANET MAY HAVE ESTATE CLAIM
28th December 2009
Michael Jackson's sister, Janet, along with brothers, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Randy, are all listed as possible creditors in the Michael Jackson estate case -- this, according to documents obtained by TMZ.
The docs do not state what Michael might owe Janet and his brothers. We do know Janet fronted some of the costs for Michael's funeral.
We spoke with MJ estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, who told TMZ Michael's brothers have an ongoing royalties claim and therefore were listed as potential creditors.
HISTORY HEADLINE
MJ IN TOP 3 AMERICA’S PURCHASES ON EBAY IN 2009
8th December 2009
Michael Jackson came in third in terms of what America shopped for on eBay this year.
http://www.facebook.com/l/7e9cb;www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2356845,00.asp
Source: PC Mag

here are more :) :waving:

MESSAGE FROM TAJ JACKSON
10th January 2010
Taj Jackson, nephew of Michael Jackson and member of the American R&B music group 3T recently posted a very touching message about his Uncle on his website. You can read this message below:
“After this, we're doing films."
Those were the final words my uncle Michael would ever say to me.
It was at the end of our family day at a Beverly Hills Indian restaurant. While I was saying my goodbyes to the rest of my family, I went up to my uncle and hugged him. I told him that I loved him and that I was proud of him and proud to be his nephew. I also said I would see him soon because I was planning to go to the UK to see his shows. He responded by saying that he loved me more. He then paused, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "after this, we're doing films."
That was our master game plan. You see, my uncle had another huge passion besides music... that was film directing. We would always talk about making films together, me and him, we were going to be a 1-2 Jackson power combo.
That's what I loved about my uncle. You truly believed like you could do anything when you were with him. He made you feel like that. He was so inspirational.
Since he's been gone, a huge hole exists for me. One that can never be filled. An emotional, spiritual, and mental hole. The only thing that helps, is knowing that I am doing exactly what he would want me to do. Doing what he taught me to do…. and that's film. And that's why Code Z is so important to me. It's about a promise. A promise to direct films. A simple promise that I made to my uncle, who was and always will be the greatest.
I know someone could say that Code Z is just a zombie series. But it's much more than that too. It's the official start to my film career... when I finally stopped talking about it and started doing it.
I really want to thank all of you for helping me keep that promise.
Taj”
Click on the link below to visit Taj’s website:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/e7ad4;www.deedeeskid.com/
Click on the link below to follow Taj on Twitter:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/e7ad4;https://twitter.com/Taj
Source: Twitter
-------------------------------------------------
MJ ADVISER ACCUSES FOX OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
8th January 2010
A former adviser to Michael Jackson sued Fox News on Thursday for copyright infringement, claiming the cable channel aired portions of an interview with the singer's ex-wife without proper payment or permission.
The lawsuit in federal court by producer F. Marc Schaffel seeks damages from Fox News for airing portions of the 2003 interview with Debbie Rowe after Jackson's death in June. The filing states the interview made up a significant amount of Geraldo Rivera's July 5 show.
Schaffel, who once sued Jackson and won a judgment against him, owns the copyright to the Rowe interview. Portions of the interview were aired on the Fox network in 2003 as part of a special intended to balance out a damaging interview aired earlier that year.
A spokesman for Fox News, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., said the channel does not comment on pending litigation. The lawsuit states Fox News has claimed a "fair use" right to air the footage as part of news programming.
The filing chides Murdoch, who has threatened to sue the British Broadcasting Corp. and others for copyright infringement because he claims they are stealing content from his company's newspapers.
"Fox sanctimoniously operates unencumbered by the very copyright restrictions it seeks to impose on its competitors," the lawsuit states.
Schaffel owns the copyright to two tapes containing the 2003 interview with Rowe, according to copyright records. Portions of the interview were part of a special titled, "Take Two: The Footage You Were Never Meant to See." It aired on Fox after Disney-owned ABC aired an interview with Jackson by Martin Bashir in which the singer spoke about allowing children to sleep in his bed at Neverland Ranch but that the practice was non-sexual.
Schaffel won a split judgment against Jackson in 2006 after suing over work that included producing footage for the 2003 Fox special. A jury awarded Schaffel $900,000, but also awarded the pop singer $200,000 as part of a countersuit.
Source: AP
--------------------------------------------------
‘THIS IS IT’ WINS AT AFRICAN-AMERICAN FILM CRITICS ASSOCIATION
20th December, 2009
Michael Jackson who set records this year with a hit documentary and companion album, as well as selling millions of his albums, has been awarded for the documentary focused on the final days of his life, ‘This Is It’. The African-American Film Critics Association awarded Michael Jackson a special achievement award.
According to the LA Times, ‘This Is It,’ was also among the association's top 10 films of 2009. "Besides “Precious,” the organization’s list of top 10 films are “The Princess and the Frog,” “Up in the Air,” “The Hurt Locker,” “This Is It,” “American Violet,” “Goodbye Solo,” “Medicine for Melancholy,” “Good Hair” and “Up.”
Congratulations to MJ and all those involved in bringing This Is It to life. MJ will be missed, but his legacy will live forever.
Source: Examiner
--------------------------------------------------
THIRD PRINTING FOR MJ TRIBUTE COMIC BOOK
18th December 2009
The second edition collector's edition tribute featuring Michael Jackson has sold out and going back for a third printing. "Tribute: Michael Jackson, King of Pop." third printing is scheduled to hit comic shops, Amazon and newsstands the first part of January.
"The fans have spoken. The demand for this book has exceeded all our projections. We are very happy that his fans have enjoyed the book," said Bluewater president Darren G. Davis.
A third printing of the book will be released with a “Thriller” inspired new cover by Giuseppe Mazzola from a Michael Jackson fan club. Mazzola also provided the foreword to the expanded 30-page edition. The book is described as Michael Jackson's reign as the King of Pop is celebrated in the latest biographical comic book from Bluewater Productions. The life of the world's most popular entertainer was infused with fantasy and tragedy. His discography is legendary. His legacy is complicated and unparalleled.
Comic book stores can order this new edition. To order on http://www.facebook.com/l/e7ad4;Amazon.com please us the ISBN number: 978-1-4276-4183-0.
Click on the link below for more information and to look at a preview of the front page:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/e7ad4;www.bluewaterprod.com/news/mj_3rd_printing.php
Source: Bluewater Productions,

PRODUCER WANTS TO RELEASE NEW MJ SONGS
10th January 2010
During an interview with the Swedish newspaper “Aftonbladet” producer RedOne (who is behind some of Lady Gaga’s mega-hits Paparazzi, Just Dance, Bad Romance etc.) revealed that he wants to release songs he and Michael were working with before MJ passed away.
“I have the songs. But I don’t want to release them and take the money for myself. I’m waiting for an option so that they can help the poor”.
Nadir “RedOne” Khayit also states that he has started talking with Michael Jackson’s lawyers “Yes, I have talked to his lawyers. We have only concluded that I have the songs, and we will sit down and talk more later.”
RedOne also believes that this is what Michael would have wished for: “Michael was an amazing and wonderful human being. I believe this is what he would have wanted.”
Source: Afton Bladet
------------------------------------------------
NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR ‘THIS IS IT’ BLU-RAY RELEASE
9th January 2010
Sony used the main stage at its booth at the Consumer Electronics Show to showcase its latest Blu-ray Disc technology. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will debut movieIQ Sync, the company’s first portable BD-Live feature, on the Blu-ray release of MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT, in stores January 26, 2010.
With a movieIQ enabled Blu-ray Disc and an internet connected Blu-ray player like PlayStation 3, movie fans can dive into continuously updated filmographies of their favorite directors and stars, and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, location details, music and soundtrack information, all tied to scenes within the movie.
With new portable movieIQ Sync technology, users can connect their Blu-ray Disc player to a PC or iPhone via the Internet and get the full movieIQ experience on a portable device. movieIQ Sync will display all of the information movieIQ offers on the PC or iPhone, synchronized to the film, thus freeing the television screen for enjoying the movie.
Also on MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT, movieIQ allows users to create an interactive music playlist by bookmarking their favorite songs in the film. The playlist can then be posted to Facebook or emailed to contacts via BD-Live. MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, PSP and USB (USA only) flash drive.
The other big news from Sony’s booth at CES 2010 in the home entertainment category was Blu-ray 3D. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment was playing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D at the booth. PlayStation 3 owners can upgrade to 3D with a free firmware download this summer to play movies and games in high definition 3D.
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/11981;gamerlive.tv
------------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON DOMINATED 2009 ALBUM SALES
9th January 2010
It should not be any surprise that according to the year end figures released by Nielsen Soundscan, Michael Jackson was the top selling artist in 2009, having sold 8.2 million albums for the year.
The top 3 selling albums in 2009 were Taylor Swift's Fearless, Susan Boyle's I Dreamed A Dream and Michael Jackson's Number Ones.
Source: Reuters
-------------------------------------------------
MORE CREDITOR CLAIMS
5th January 2010
Michael Jackson's estate is taking hits from all sides -- and big surprise, the newest creditor to enter the ring is a company that claims it's owed money for helping MJ refinance the MIJAC catalog.
According to a creditor's claim filed in L.A. Superior Court, MJ's estate owes $328,299.03 in unpaid fees to a small investment banking firm in Baltimore called Signal Hill Capital -- for "financial services related to music publishing assets."

6th January 2010
A new creditor's claim in the Michael Jackson estate case ...this one filed by a woman who says she had a very special bond with MJ.
Shellie Doreen Smith filed cryptic legal papers laying claim to Michael's money.
Smith claims she was married to MJ in the 1970s, though she doesn't remember exactly when. Details? details?
Smith says the ceremony was lovely ... at a hotel in NYC. The only witnesses were hotel employees.
We're told she's asking for spousal support.
Breath holding is not recommended.

hi here are more i found :D :waving:

REQUEST FOR ALLOWANCE INCREASE
13th January 2010
According to a report by Radar Online, lawyers for Michael’s estate have requested a raise in the allowance paid to Katherine Jackson for Michael’s children. Judge Mitchell Beckloff was asked to increase the figure Monday, January 11th, which he will consider. The amount requested has not been disclosed.
Source: Radaronline
------------------------------------------------------------
AMENDMENTS TO MICHAEL’S DEATH CERTIFICATE RULING HOMICIDE
10th January 2010
The amendment to Michael Jackson’s death certificate declaring that his June 25 passing was due to “acute propofol intoxication” and “intravenous injection by another,” has been published online. Click on the picture to enlarge and view the certificate.
EW has confirmed with the L.A. County coroner’s office that the document, which is part of the public record, is genuine. Michael’s death was officially ruled a homicide last August. On Friday afternoon, Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the L.A. district attorney’s office, told EW that recent reports claiming Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson’s physician, will be indicted on charges of involuntary manslaughter are false.
“Nothing has changed,” Robison said. “It’s a bogus report. We don’t have the case.” A spokeswoman for Dr. Murray also sent EW the following statement: “We have refused to comment on stories involving unnamed sources and will continue to do so. However, we can confirm that we have not received notice of an impaneled grand jury and Dr. Murray has not been invited to testify. J. Michael Flanagan was added to Dr. Conrad Murray’s defense team this past week. His offices are in Glendale, California.” As we previously reported, Flanagan is the attorney who represented Britney Spears in a hit-and-run case. He told the AP he once also successfully defended a nurse who was acquitted in an L.A. trial after being accused of administering propofol to a patient who died.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8550b;EW.com
---------------------------------------------------
THE HISTORY TOUR DVD THAT ALMOST WAS
9th January 2010
Fans who experienced the HIStory Tour (1996/1997) and got to see what would be the concert tour of Michael Jackson, will never forget that moment. Those fans who were not as fortunate have only been able to see clips from these shows which broadcasted on television in some countries.
For many years, fans have been asking for the publication of an official DVD with quality that would replace the current products on the market, especially since they are all not officially licensed.
In the mid-1990s, there were actually plans for the publication of an official VHS / DVD of the concerts of the HIStory tour!
Graphic artist Christopher Boulmè, who had also worked on other projects for the King of Pop was commissioned to design the artwork.
Christopher was kind enough to provide MJFC-Jam with the artwork which unfortunately was never used for any videos or DVDs. Instead, Christopher was been appointed to handle the graphics for "Ghosts".
Boulmè was first recognized by the King of Pop as the Art Director for the Michael Jackson fan magazine Black & White in the early 1990s, and then later went on to design the poster for his 30th anniversary concerts at Madison Square Garden in 2001.
Click on the link below to view DVD artwork:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8550b;www.mjfc-jam.com/228.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1530&cHash=49e7983a0dca0c562258a40a6a1fd7d9
Click on the link below to sign the online petition to request the publication of an official History Tour DVD!:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8550b;www.petitionspot.com/petitions/DVDRELEASE/
Source: MJFC JAM
---------------------------------------------------
CRIMINAL ATTORNEY ADDED TO MURRAY’S LEGAL TEAM
8th January 2010
Michael Jackson’s former personal physician has hired a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney to help his legal team combat a potential manslaughter prosecution in the pop icon’s fatal overdose last summer.
Dr. Conrad Murray hired Glendale attorney J. Michael Flanagan on Tuesday, the physician’s lead lawyer, Ed Chernoff, confirmed.
The lawyer previously won a manslaughter acquittal for a nurse tried in what is believed to be the only other L.A. criminal case involving propofol, the powerful sedative blamed in Jackson’s death.
Sources have told The Times for several months that Murray is expected to face involuntary manslaughter charges. The Associated Press, citing an unnamed source, reported today that prosecutors will seek an indictment against Murray for involuntary manslaughter.
Law enforcement officials have identified Murray as the target of a manslaughter investigation in search warrants filed in court in the months after Jackson’s death, but a spokeswoman for the district attorney said today that no decision had been made in Murray’s case.
“We have not been formally presented with the case by the LAPD yet.... We do not have a pending case,” spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said.
Murray’s lawyers said that if prosecutors had convened a grand jury, they had not notified them or invited the doctor to testify. Flanagan, Murray’s new attorney, said the discussion of an involuntary manslaughter charge was not surprising.
“That is the only thing they could charge him with, but it doesn’t mean that a grand jury would indict him,” said Flanagan. In 2004, the district attorney’s office prosecuted two Burbank nurses for involuntary manslaughter for administering the anesthetic to a cancer patient without authorization of an anesthesiologist.
The patient died. One nurse pleaded no contest to a lesser charge. The other, represented by Flanagan, was acquitted.
Source: LA Times

PAUL ANKA TRIBUTE
14th January 2010
Paul Anka, the man who co-wrote ‘This Is It’ with Michael Jackson, performed in Tel Aviv back in November 2009.
At one point, Paul Anka performs ‘This Is It’. During the performance, he plays Michael’s version of the song culminating in a duet between Michael and Anka.
Click on the link below to watch the video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/01b7d;www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-L1JjLOwwI
Source: Youtube
------------------------------------------------------
BROOKE SHIELDS SPEAKS ABOUT MJ MEMORIAL
13th January 2010
Actress Brooke Shields, who gave a heartfelt speech about her friendship with Michael Jackson during his public memorial, now says that she almost expected him to jump out of the coffin during the service.
The actress fought hard to contain her composure when she gave the emotional speech at the public event held at the Los Angeles Staples Center. Speaking to Access Hollywood, she said:
“Did you see me shaking? Well, they didn't tell us that the coffin was going to be there.
I thought - because there was a fantasy moment in my head - that he was going to jump out and start the concert."
Shields, now 44, first became friends with Jackson when she was just 13 years old. She says that the two of them had not been in touch for a long time.
“I had not only not spoken to him; I hadn't seen him in years."
Shields says that she was asked by Jackson's mother Katherine to give a speech at the service, but also says that she ignored the words she was asked to deliver in favor of giving a more personal account of their friendship during her seven-minute address.
They had written me out something. But I wrote my own thing and just had to do my own thing. I felt honored to be a part of it."
"I hope I did a good job," she added. "I tried."
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/01b7d;newsblaze.com/ Digital Spy
----------------------------------------
TRAVIS PAYNE AT SONY’S ‘THIS IS IT’ DVD LAUNCH
13th January 2009
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced the January 26 release of Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray with the kind of flourish you'd expect from associates of the King of Pop. Jackson choreographer Travis Payne performed live at the Sony booth at CES with two of the dancers who were set to tour with the late singer. Sony also ran a "Smooth Criminal" vignette from the disc showing Jackson "interact" with Rita Hayworth, Edward G. Robinson and Humphrey Bogart in classic black and white footage from Gilda and other old-time movies.
Sony Pictures says the Blu-ray features 90 minutes of new and never seen before footage.
Click on the link below to view photos of Payne’s performance on the official Facebook Fan Page for This Is It:-
http://www.facebook.com/ThisIsItMovie?v=wall#/ThisIsItMovie?v=info
Source: Facebook /CES
--------------------------------------------------------
ROWE WINS PAPARAZZI FIGHT
13th January 2010
Michael Jackson's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, has won a case against a paparazzo who accused her of defamation.
Photographer Ed Frommer took Debbie Rowe to court, claiming that she ruined his reputation by allegedly lying about an altercation between the two last summer.
In a Lancaster, California court last week, Rowe told a judge that Frommer hounded her and repeatedly trespassed on her property following her ex-husband's death in June of 2009 and she denied defaming the photographer. Previously, Rowe had alleged that it was Frommer who lashed out at her as she tried to escape a crowd of paparazzi after dining out in Lancaster - but the paparazzo denied the claims, insisting it was the former nurse who hit him. He also claimed his reputation had been seriously damaged by her accusations.
The judge ruled on Tuesday that Rowe should be cleared of all charges against her. Rowe is the mother of Jackson's two oldest children, Prince and Paris.
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/01b7d;take40.com
----------------------------------------------------------------
MJ GETS PRIZE FOR HIS CHARITY WORK
13th January 2010
The late pop legend Michael Jackson will be awarded a posthumous prize for his global charity work at an opera gala in Germany this Friday.
The director of Friday's Semper Opera Ball Hans-Joachim Frey, said the King of Pop would be recognised for his humanitarian efforts at the glittering society event in the restored Baroque city of Dresden.
Jackson's elder sister La Toya, a guest of honour at the ball, would receive the award.
"Michael Jackson supported 39 foundations and charity projects, started his own foundation and donated a total of more than 300 million dollars," Frey said.
At the same event, where more than 2,000 guests are expected, Spanish tenor Jose Carreras will accept a prize for artistic achievement.
Jackson’s humanitarian work focused heavily on children's charities.
-------------------------------------------------------
“INCREDIBLE ACTOR”
13th January 2010
In a recent interview with MTV, director Allen Hughes said that Michael was “an incredible actor and no one knew that.” He continued; “If you look at the nuances of ‘The Wiz,’ when he played the Scarecrow. Or if you look at the short film Scorsese directed before ‘Bad,’ where he’s going head to head with Wesley Snipes. The acting he was doing? Oh my god it was good. I know actors and he was an incredible actor.”
Source: MTVNews
-------------------------------------------
COURT OVERTURNS AWARD IN MJ TAPING
11th January 2010
An appellate court on Monday overturned a $20 million award against a defunct charter jet company for secretly videotaping Michael Jackson and his attorneys during a 2003 flight.
The 2nd District Court of Appeal ruled the amount was excessive, and XtraJet and its owner Jeffrey Borer shouldn't have to pay it to attorneys Mark Geragos and Pat Harris.
"The amount awarded to the plaintiffs was so great that it shocks the conscience," the panel wrote in its ruling.
The case was sent back to the trial judge who last March found in favor of the two lawyers.
The panel said a new trial could occur on damages alone unless Geragos and Harris would share a reduced award of $750,000.
Brian Kabateck, an attorney representing Geragos, said he was leaning heavily toward a new trial.
"The judges acknowledge the behavior here was reprehensible," Kabateck said.
Borer and an associate pleaded guilty to conspiracy two years ago for videotaping Jackson and his lawyers as they flew to the pop star's surrender on molestation charges. A jury later acquitted Jackson of 14 charges in the case.
Superior Court Judge Soussan Bruguera ordered XtraJet and Borer to pay the amount for invading the privacy of Geragos and Harris in order to sell the video of Jackson to the media.
The appellate court noted in its ruling that Geragos and Harris weren't severely affected by the contents of the tape because it was never publicly released and didn't contain any audio that would violate attorney-client privilege.
XtraJet attorney Lloyd Kirschbaum was pleased with the ruling.
"It's outstanding," he said. "You can't be damaged by a tape no one has seen."
Geragos, Harris and Michael Jackson filed the invasion-of-privacy suit against Borer and XtraJet in November 2003. Jackson dropped out as a plaintiff in April 2005.

Michael Jackson was murdered

Michael Jackson's death has been officially ruled as murder, it was revealed today. The cause of death on the 50-year-old's death certificate has been amended to 'homicide' after months of speculation. According to the document the King of Pop died from 'acute Propofol intoxication' due to an 'intravenous injection from another'. On the original certificate issued on July 7 deputy coroner Cheryl MacWillie refused to give a cause of death.
However after further investigations, the certificate was amended and re-released in August by medical examiner Christopher Thomas. It now states the cause of death on 25th June 2009 as 'homicide'. A source said that the Jackson family are 'keeping faith with the police', adding: 'We still feel that there is more than one person responsible for Michael's tragic death. Joe won't give up on getting justice for his son and a lawuit is his focus.' The news comes after it emerged that the singer’s doctor Conrad Murray is expected to be charged with manslaughter.

Murdered: A coroner has officially ruled that singer Michael Jackson's death on June 25th 2009 was homicide.
Amended: The singer's death certificate with 'homicide' listed as cause of death.
Conrad Murray could be charged with manslaughter.
var caption3939864 = document.getElementById('photocaption3939864').innerHTML; var caption3939865 = document.getElementById('photocaption3939865').innerHTML; var caption3939875 = document.getElementById('photocaption3939875').innerHTML; var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({ wrapperid: "fadeshow1", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow dimensions: [370, 245], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image imagearray: [ ["http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/3939864/jacko12_w370.jpg", "", "", caption3939864 ], ["http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/3939865/certy_w370.jpg", "", "", caption3939865 ], ["http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/3939875/getimage-2_w370.jpg", "", "", caption3939875 ] ], displaymode: {type:'manual', pause:3000, cycles:0, wraparound:false}, persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session? fadeduration: 500, //transition duration (milliseconds) descreveal: "always", togglerid: "slideshowtoggler" })
jacko12_w370.jpg
certy_w370.jpg
getimage-2_w370.jpg

jacko12_w370.jpg
certy_w370.jpg
getimage-2_w370.jpg

loading.gif

x.png
Murdered: A coroner has officially ruled that singer Michael Jackson's death on June 25th 2009 was homicide.

restore.png

1/3

Dr Murray could be prosecuted for 'gross negligence' for his treatment of the pop star during his last hours, police sources said. Murray, a cardiologist, was with the star at his rented Los Angeles mansion in June and tried to revive him when he was found unconscious. Murray already has a Houston law firm building his defence. Police affidavits say he admitted loading up Jackson with Propofol and other drugs in the hours before his death. Miranda Sevcik, a spokeswoman in Houston for Murray and his lawyer, Edward Chernoff, said Friday the doctor had no comment and reiterated that Murray neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson. Jackson died while under Murray's care as the singer prepared for an ambitious concert schedule. The district attorney's office is waiting for Los Angeles police to turn over the case before presenting it to a grand jury, the law enforcement source said.
— Daily Mail

here is link:http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/People-Post-12-jan

Michael Jackson’s Kids Get Allowance Increase

Michael Jackson’s three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, have had their allowance for living expenses increased, reports TMZ. The three were receiving a total of $60,000 a month before. It is not reported how much they are going to get now.
Sources say the amount was increased because lawyers and guardians previously underestimated living costs for the three children.

here is link:http://www.andpop.com/2010/01/15/michael-jacksons-kids-get-allowance-increase/

What's Happening to Michael Jackson's Giraffes?

article_image.php

Trouble for Michael Jackson's scattered menagerie.

Two of the giraffes who once made their home at Neverland Ranch have died within the last few months and PETA is calling on authorities to confiscate two others from the duo who took possession of the animals as part of a plan to build a 175-acre wildlife preserve in Page, Ariz.

Freddie and Tom Hancock leased the land in 2008 but, according to reports, have never posted a required $100,000 bond or notice of credit and the city has started eviction proceedings.

Meanwhile, there are those poor, dead giraffes.

"We're asking the city of Page to confiscate the two remaining giraffes and relocate them to a facility that can provide them with appropriate care before it's too late," People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, concerned that the long-necked creatures died of neglect or abuse, said in a statement Wednesday.

Local police are investigating the deaths, noting that though they died within a relatively short time period—one on Nov. 20 and the other on Jan. 2—foul play is not suspected at this time.

Necropsy results (autopsies for animals) are pending and Page Police Chief Charlie Dennis told the Associated Press that there's no justification for removing the other giraffes at this time.

"We've had them for 3 1/2 years, and they are like our children," Freddie Hancock told Salt Lake City's KSL-TV. "We're just absolutely devastated by the death of these giraffes."

The Hancocks also acquired a variety of Jackson's exotic birds, including his Amazon parrot, Rikki; snakes, including pythons and anacondas; and his crocodile-resembling caiman.

here is link:http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_article.php?articleId=4465

Michael Jackson's Giraffes Murdered?

(RTTNews) - Bizarre events surrounding the late Michael Jackson's continue to unfold, this time with the death of two giraffes that once lived at the King of Pop's Neverland Ranch.

The animals were moved to the Banjoko Wildlife Preserve in Page, Arizona, in 2007, where they lived until their recent death. Though Banjoko personnel demand that their animals are properly handled, animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has requested further investigation into the matter.

"We suspect foul play with the giraffes," Banjoko Preserve Chairman Freddie Hancock told TMZ. "There is no other explanation for their deaths. There is currently a police investigation going on. Someone has hurt these giraffes, they were healthy."
Though Page City Police have not yet confirmed any wrong doing, they have acknowledged pressure from PETA to continue the investigation.

"We're still investigating to see if there is a crime or that the giraffes are in danger," Police Chief Charlie Dennis told Fox News' Pop Tarts blog. "Right now we're still working on getting in touch with the state vet of Arizona and discussing with them the situation."

"We're gathering our evidence as of right now," he added. "There is no action that has been taken to remove the giraffes but we are looking and talking to the resources that we have to make sure we can make the right decision on that."

here is link:http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=1181497&SMap=1

Brooke Shields hoped for Michael Jackson's resurrection!

Hollywood actress Brooke Shields says she really hoped that late pop legend Michael Jackson would jump out of his coffin while she spoke during his memorial service.

The actress fought hard to contain her grief when she gave an emotional speech at the public event held at the Los Angeles Staples Center to commemorate the King of Pop's life following his death from acute propofol intoxication last June and hoped he'd come out alive of the box.

"Did you see me shaking? Well, they didn't tell us that the coffin was going to be there. I thought - because there was a fantasy moment in my head - that he was going to jump out and start the concert," she said.

Shields, 44, who befriended Jackson when she was 13 also revealed that she hadn't been in touch with the "Thriller" hitmaker for a long time before his death, but often wanted to call him and offer her help.

"I had not only not spoken to him, I hadn't seen him in years," she said.

Asked if she had wanted to call him to offer her help, she said: "I did that, you know, 20 years ago. I mean the rhetoric didn't change, you know, I did that way back when, but anyway, I did my best."

The star was asked by Jackson's mother Katherine to give a speech at the service, but she ignored the words she was asked to deliver in favour of giving a more personal account of their friendship during her seven-minute address.

"They had written me out something. But I wrote my own thing and just had to do my own thing. I felt honoured to be a part of it," she said.

here is link:http://movies.indiatimes.com/Intern...Jacksons-resurrection/articleshow/5439976.cms

Need to Know: Michael Jackson theme park

Plans begin for Jackson park

Work is expected to begin this year on a 100-acre Michael Jackson entertainment complex in Gary, Ind., that would include a museum, performing arts center, hotel, golf course and theme park inspired by the pop singer's Neverland Ranch. "Everything is in the planning stages at this point, but we're moving on a fast track, and we're looking forward to actually breaking ground sometime in 2010," said Odie Anderson, president of the Jackson family project in the pop singer's hometown. Anderson said the Indiana theme park would include rides found at Jackson's 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch near Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County. Besides a zoo, aviary and nature preserve, the Neverland theme park included a carousel, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, passenger train and classic carnival rides such as the Zipper, Sea Dragon and Swing Ride, above. It's not yet clear whether the new park will include all the same attractions. The $1-billion project would be built over a 10-year period, starting with the museum, arts center and hotel before breaking ground on the golf course and theme park.

-- Brady MacDonald
here is link:http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/topofthetimes/features/la-tr-need17-2010jan17,0,4580705.story

var zz=0;var sldsh=0; var bellyaddiv = ' ';var stindex=100;var stp=150;var taglen=0;var tmp;var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a");var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML;var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("

")).toLowerCase();function findptt(cnt){zz++;if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++){ xxx = ccnt.indexOf("

Michael Jackson News for Jan 16, 2010:

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article81110.ece

King of Pop’ Michael Jackson had expressed a desire to work with composer A.R. Rahman just two months before he died.
The ‘Mozart of Madras’ who won two Oscar awards for the soundtrack to the hit movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ revealed that the ‘Thriller’ hitmaker was keen on making music with him, The Daily Telegraph reported.
“I met him two months before he died and he expressed an interest in working with me,” Rahman said.
“Meeting him was everything and changed my life. He loved stuff I did and I loved stuff he did. He was such a nice person,” he added.
Jackson was planning to collaborate with Rahman for a unity anthem that the ‘Thriller’ hitmaker wanted to use in his planned O2 concert series, the musician had earlier said in his blog.
“He was praising the chord progression of Jai Ho’s chorus. He asked me to compose a unity anthem on the lines of ‘We are the World’ for him. I nodded in awe,” Rahman had written in his blog while paying tribute to the pop icon after his sudden death in June last year.
Rahman who has also been nominated for this year’s Grammys’ is set to perform to about 80,000 people at his free concert on Saturday at Parramatta Park, as a part of 34th Sydney Festival.

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/07/...ifted-michael-jackson-helped-democrats-14784/

Bill Clinton on Haiti trip praises Michael Jackson

GONAIVES, Haiti — Bill Clinton paused during an aid mission to Haiti on Tuesday to honor Michael Jackson for helping the Democratic Party raise cash at a crucial time.

The former U.S. president, now a special U.N. envoy to Haiti, recalled Jackson’s performance at a 2002 fundraiser at New York’s Apollo theater.
“He basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally,” Clinton said during a stop on his tour of a still-struggling northern Haiti, where floods killed several hundred people last year.
Clinton, his face bright red under a scorching summertime Caribbean sun, spoke fondly of Jackson, recalling that the singer performed at his first inauguration in 1993. He also said Jackson had struggled with the burden of early fame.
“He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well,” Clinton told The Associated Press. “I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have.”

http://www.ecanadanow.com/entertainment/2010/01/15/mjs-furniture-for-sale-at-auction/comment-page-1/

MJ’s furniture auction

The tragic ending to Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” tour is coming closer to closure for his bereaved family with the arrangements having been made to auction of his signature Michael Jackson furniture.
The absolutely undeniably designed only for Michael Jackson furniture that has his persona embedded in the unbelievable choice of fabrics and materials cost Michael Jackson around $700,000 and were built by Colombostile, an Italian furniture maker. The collection of decidedly impressive furniture which includes a chair made especially for Michael’s friend Elizabeth Taylor to sit on if she were to visit, was to adorn Michael Jackson’s London mansion.
The date for auction has not be decided upon as yet.
However, on January 14, 2010, Colombostile told London reporters that he returned Michael’s money to Katherine Jackson and plans to auction of the by now famous collection. The Italian furniture designer and manufacturer has the entire collection in his possession.

Michael Jackson HIStory for Jan 16, 2010:

1984 - Michael Jackson received seven trophies at the 11th annual American Music Awards.

1990 - Janet Jackson's single "Rhythm Nation" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

2004 - Michael Jackson pled innocent in his first hearing on child molestation charges. The judge made the following comment after Jackson was 20 minutes late to court. "Mr. Jackson, you have started out on the wrong foot here," the judge said. "I want to advise you that I will not put up with that. It's an insult to the court." About 3,000 fans and news media were outside the court building.

2.jpg

Already posted please check the news thread before posting other news to make sure it's not on here already.

Last edited by a moderator:
MICHAEL JACKSON OPUS PICTURE OF THE DAY
14th January 2010
The new Official Michael Jackson Opus, a 404-page 26-pound masterwork which generated tons of buzz after Kraken Opus announced its planned publication following news of the iconic singer’s death, was published December 7, 2009.
Today http://www.facebook.com/l/aee66;MichaelJackson.com started a new online series, "MJ Opus Picture of the Day".
Click on the link below to view the first photo:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/aee66;www...l-jackson-opus-picture-day-mj-eddie-van-halen
Click on the link to order your copy of the Michael Jackson Opus:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/aee66;www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/
Source: Sony/ http://www.facebook.com/l/aee66;MichaelJackson.com
-----------------------------------------------
CRAZY CREDITOR CLAIM AGAINST MJ ESTATE
14th January 2010
A woman who claims to have spent 2,000 hours analyzing the extended family of Michael Jackson -- including children, birth mother(s) ... and on and on ... wants more than $2 million from Michael Jackson's estate.
Claire McMillan says she's a "homeschool expert" who did "a thorough analysis" of Jackson's complete extended family, to determine ... well, it's not clear why she was doing it.
Whatever ... she concluded that Katherine Jackson is doing "a poor job outside of the home, related to - grooming, age, and psyc appropriate activities, academic & soc interactions w non-extended family children .... " oh, what's the use? It makes no sense.
McMillan says she also inquired as to whether Dr. Arnold Klein would be interested in obtaining guardianship of the children with McMillan and her husband.
McMillan says her time is worth $1,000 an hour, and she wants $2,002,000 for her efforts.
Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the Michael Jackson estate, told TMZ "To the best of our knowledge, Ms. McMillan never did anything for the estate and the estate owes her nothing."
------------------------------------------------
WORLDWIDE ‘THIS IS IT’ DVD RELEASE DATES
12th January 2010
Worldwide release dates are now available for Michael Jackson's This Is It on DVD and Blu-ray.
Argentina 27-Jan-10
Australia 3-Mar-10
Belgium/Dutch-speaking 22-Feb-10
Belgium/French-speaking 1-Mar-10
Brazil 26-Jan-10
Bulgaria 26-Jan-10
Canada/English-speaking 26-Jan-10
Canada/French-speaking 26-Jan-10
Chile 28-Jan-10
China 25-Jan-10
Colombia 26-Jan-10
Croatia 26-Jan-10
Czech Republic 25-Jan-10
Denmark 23-Feb-10
Egypt 26-Jan-10
Estonia 26-Jan-10
Finland 24-Feb-10
France 1-Mar-10
Germany 25-Feb-10
Greece 15-Feb-10
Hong Kong 26-Jan-10
Hungary 26-Jan-10
Iceland 25-Jan-10
India 26-Jan-10
Indonesia 28-Jan-10
Israel 26-Jan-10
Italy 23-Feb-10
Japan 27-Jan-10
Jordan 26-Jan-10
Lebanon 26-Jan-10
Malaysia 26-Jan-10
Mexico 26-Jan-10
Netherlands 22-Feb-10
New Zealand 3-Mar-10
Norway 24-Feb-10
Philippines 26-Jan-10
Poland 26-Jan-10
Portugal 24-Feb-10
Romania 26-Jan-10
Russia 26-Jan-10
Serbia 26-Jan-10
Singapore 26-Jan-10
South Korea 27-Jan-10
South Africa 26-Jan-10
Spain 23-Feb-10
Sweden 24-Feb-10
Taiwan 27-Jan-10
Thailand 29-Jan-10
Turkey 26-Jan-10
U.S./English 26-Jan-10
Ukraine 26-Jan-10
United Kingdom 22-Feb-10
Unitedrabmirates 26-Jan-10
Uruguay 28-Jan-10
Vietnam 26-Feb-10
Source: Sony/ MichaelJackson,com

Already posted please check the news thread before posting other news to make sure it's not on here already.

Just to bring to you attention, you should also note that you have basically re-posted things in this thread that have already been posted in the past week as well.

ONAIVES, Haiti — Bill Clinton paused during an aid mission to Haiti on Tuesday to honor Michael Jackson for helping the Democratic Party raise cash at a crucial time.

The former U.S. president, now a special U.N. envoy to Haiti, recalled Jackson’s performance at a 2002 fundraiser at New York’s Apollo theater.
“He basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally,” Clinton said during a stop on his tour of a still-struggling northern Haiti, where floods killed several hundred people last year.
Clinton, his face bright red under a scorching summertime Caribbean sun, spoke fondly of Jackson, recalling that the singer performed at his first inauguration in 1993. He also said Jackson had struggled with the burden of early fame.
“He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well,” Clinton told The Associated Press. “I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have.”
he said that just after june 25th. dont tell me he said it word for word again a few days ago or the media messed up as normal

Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds is in Barbados for the Barbados Jazz Festival and during his set tonight he paid tribute to Michael and sang 'Gone Too Soon'.

Back