The vocals on the live performance of Working Day And Night is really underrated

analogue

Proud Member
When it comes to the Working Day And Night performance people tend to focus on the dancing and the big flashy presentation of it all and that's great but i always feel that MJ's vocals get really overlooked in that performance. MJ's vocals on Working Day And Night live are really great and i think that it's his best song vocally on the Dangerous Tour. MJ's vocals on the live performances of Working Day And Night need more credit

When it comes to the Working Day And Night performance people tend to focus on the dancing and the big flashy presentation of it all and that's great but i always feel that MJ's vocals get really overlooked in that performance. MJ's vocals on Working Day And Night live are really great and i think that it's his best song vocally on the Dangerous Tour. MJ's vocals on the live performances of Working Day And Night need more credit

i completely agree with you but the Dangerous Tour performance is by far not the best vocally of this song, it's the BAD tour tokyo september 12th 1987. i know the quality we have is very low vhs (worse than dallas) but his voice shines through and gives you purest goosebumps.

edit: just watched this for the first time in month's, his first live solo concert is by far his best. it's unbeatable.

Last edited:
i completely agree with you but the Dangerous Tour performance is by far not the best vocally of this song, it's the BAD tour tokyo september 12th 1987. i know the quality we have is very low vhs (worse than dallas) but his voice shines through and gives you purest goosebumps.

edit: just watched this for the first time in month's, his first live solo concert is by far his best. it's unbeatable.

I agree, love this one:agree: Although, I really love the Yokohama ver too.. & the Rotterdam one, where he does those c'mon c'mon c'mon-adlibs:wub: But yeah, I can't think of any Bad tour performance I don't love;D

I heard the triumph audio which was 'okay'... but as from the Victory Tour it`s far more powerful than the studio recording!

Initially, I was turned off that the live version was a lot faster. Like, strangely faster (like WBSS is), but over time, I grew to love it.
The studio recording is a great disco track. The live version is this awesome rock n roll spectacle!

Back