THE "Unreleased/Rare Songs" DISCUSSION THREAD

mickyj007

Proud Member
- I thought I'd start a thread on one of my FAVOURITE Michael Jackson topics - a thread where people are encouraged to discuss anything and everything about all those UNRELEASED SONGS from his back catalogue.

- This thread is also a point of reference for detailed information on unreleased songs, that people can access, including those songs that have been leaked. So please add information about songs if you have it.

Questions/queries and anything about unreleased songs can be asked/discussed right here.

You can add anything to this thread e.g. do you have new information? have you found new unreleased songs not in the list below? Do you own rare acetates or have recently discovered one for sale? Then talk about it here:)

Song details, including more unreleased songs:
- http://www.jacksonvillage.org/board...s-non-album-tracks-later-released-tracks.html
- http://en.mjjwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

*These lists are incomplete and do not take into account every unreleased song Michael Jackson has recorded.

Special thanks to Korgnex!

Last edited:
I'll get the ball rolling:

There appears to be a new DEMO version of the Ice Cube, Shaquille O'Neal & Michael Jackson song entitled "We Be Ballin'" (4:43).

EBAY DESCRIPTION:
This is a one track early demo of the shelved "We Be Ballin'" project, circa 1997.

Different to the Master mix and Street mix, this early demo has different composition and includes extra lyrics.

Source: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...m=110276424389&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

Can't say I've heard this.. Anyone?

Same, I'm very curious as the composition is reported to be different to those that have already been leaked online (by me anyway, lol).

"Love Never Felt So Good" needs to be mixed and released tomorrow. Its a great pop song, and could still be a hit to this day because of the melody

Only thing available on ebay atm is the unleaked "we be ballin'" demo.

Sony should just release Men In Black as the unreleased track on MJ50.

Great thread, but some of the writing credits and dates from http://www.jacksonaction.com/index.p...section=debate are inaccurate.

Sunset Driver (1982) (Michael Jackson) ............ I this my be an an unreleased song from Off The Wall recorded by Michael in 1979. The Ultimate Collection states this, but it does also lists the song in the booklet credits as being recored in 1982. The Sunset Driver is a demo, and like Michael's demos for Billie Jean and Wanna Be Startin Somethin it does have a very early 80's sound (which the finished songs don't). I would love to know for sure if the Sunset Driver (Demo) was recorded for the Off The Wall or Thriller album.

Trouble and Nite Line were recorded for the Thriller album in 1982. Michael gave the song Trouble to a UK teen group called Musical Youth, which they recored in 1983 and released on their album.

Can't Get Outta The Rain is from 1982, not 83. It was released as a B Sided to The Girl Is Mine in 1982.

Carousel/Circus Girl was written by M.Sembello and D.Freeman, not Michael. And Michael had with no writing or composing collaboration in this song.

Michael performed You Were There in 1989 at a Sammy Davis Jr tribute. I think the song was written in sometime 1989 fairly close to the time Michael performed the song. I may be wrong, but I'm sure You Were There was written by Michael Jackson and Buz Kohan, not Michael solely.

Crack Kills (1993) (Michael Jackson) ....... This Michael's unreleased duet with Run DMC which was recorded around 1986-87, not 1993.

In a article written by Adrian Grant (who's written books on Michael, and knows Michael) for his fan magazine Off The Wall in 1990, he said Men In Black sounded like duet The Man he recorded with Paul McCartney in 1983. He said Men In Black was a great song. I'd love to hear it myself. I'd also love Michael to release Buttercup, Iowa, Goin To Rio, Al Capone and Buffalo Bill. Well I'd love Michael to release most of his unreleased songs.

Michael Jackson wrote a song called Ashes To Ashes, it's on his publishing for MiJac Music.

Last edited:

You're so right! They should release MIB on one of the KOP albums. Maybe the Australian one.
I've been searching for this song since 2006, and now i think this year it would be released or you know...

@ benscarr:
The list at Jacksonaction is actually an out-dated (December 2006) "copy-paste" version from my list at JacksonVillage *Link*, thus such mistakes have already been corrected, but thanks though for your corrections

p.s: my list is also always visible in my signature^^

Last edited:
Michael Jackson wrote a song called Ashes To Ashes, it's on his publishing for MiJac Music.

"Ashes To Ashes" is an instrumental piece of music that was used for the 39-minute lasting short movie GHOSTS ;)

Written by Michael Jackson & Nicholas Pike.

Btw, a good reference book for this kind of rare music material is "FOR THE RECORD" by Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead ;)

Last edited:
"Ashes To Ashes" is an instrumental piece of music that was used for the 39-minute lasting short movie GHOSTS ;)

Written by Michael Jackson & Nicholas Pike.

Thanks for the info on that song. I'll watch Ghosts to hear it, as I haven't watched Ghosts for yeeaaaars !!!!

Last edited:
I have read recently in the MJ France Forum that there was someone's friend who had the original 1986 demo of Al Capone from the Bad sessions. The guy's name was James. There could be some french fans who has extremely rare songs in their hands but would refused to share it.

Back