"The Songs My Fans Want To Hear" - Really?

The Moonwalker

Proud Member
Hey everyone...

It might just be me being a bit skeptical... but is Michael really going to pay attention to the public vote on the songs?

I mean, I think I read somewhere that the voting for the King of Pop albums wasn't taken into account, so what makes this vote any different?

Won't Michael have already picked his set list, the one HE wants to do and thinks his fans will like?

I don't know, what are anyone elses thoughts on this?

=)

i think they will probably look at the results of the vote and maybe add/change one or two songs based on the results. Theres no way the whole set list will be based on the vote.

Michaeljacksonlive.com informed me at the time voting went online that Michael will be recieving a list with the results from votes cast withing the first 7 days only, and using that as a guide for his set list. He reserves the right to include/exclude any track he wishes. It was his request to see what the fans wanted. He also reserves the right to perform songs which were NOT on the voting list, including new songs (possibly).

The voting feature remains on Michaeljacksonlive.com purely for fans to have fun with. Votes cast outside the first 7 days will not be considered.

Naaah, I guess lots of fans voted for 'Who is it' and 'Whatever Happens', more 'underground' songs which are barely known by non-fans, even if the song would be on nr. 1 on the list I don't see him performing that stuff.

We all know that his ''classics'' scored high in the list (Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Beat It), the songs on the list which scored high are probably the songs he was planning to perform anyway. So he'll probably perform the big hits, which I know def. made the list, he performs at every concert, but will leave other big hits like 'Dirty Diana' out. I hope I'm sooooo wrong.

Yeah there are people who didn't vote for 'Billie Jean', 'Beat it' or 'Smooth Criminal'...don't think they'll be missed out somehow. I really wana go see Thriller Live again now! Maybe i'll get a ticket for sometime before July...

Michaeljacksonlive.com informed me at the time voting went online that Michael will be recieving a list with the results from votes cast withing the first 7 days only, and using that as a guide for his set list. He reserves the right to include/exclude any track he wishes. It was his request to see what the fans wanted. He also reserves the right to perform songs which were NOT on the voting list, including new songs (possibly).

The voting feature remains on Michaeljacksonlive.com purely for fans to have fun with. Votes cast outside the first 7 days will not be considered.
Where do you get all this information from? You have got a lot of inside information.

I don't see any reason why Michael wouldn't perform Who is it or Whatever happens, even though everyone in the audience might not recognise them. If he wants to perform the songs that his FANS want to hear, then he should throw in a couple of songs that he usually doesn't do.

Sure, he probably does Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller and other classics, but why not mix it up a bit by giving us Dirty Diana, Give into me, Is it scary etc.? I'm sure that the non-fans won't be mad if there are a few songs they haven't heard, lol. And if they are then...well, that's their problem. Maybe they should go and buy his albums. :smilerolleyes:

There are 50 gigs, I doubt that he'll use the same set-list for every single night. I'm sure Michael will surprise us with some wild song choises, just wait and see... :yes:

Hey ppl,

well what id like to say with regards to songs that he does not usually perform to, these are ones that a lot of fans requested and im sure that they will be considered, just imagine if a very special surprise guest was *CARLOS SANTANA* i would die to hear them both perform that duet of *whatever happens* and i dont care who you are, that song should and would be an instant classic!!

As regards to some fans or even general public, there was a dance group on *BRITAINS GOT TALENT* this weekend, that where dancing to THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US!! and i know for a fact the crowd went wild and everyone was dancing, now what you have to realise even though Michael done a little bit of this song in a medley, it was not the full song, so ppl dont really know what it fully sounds like! But the beat was as hot and fresh as ever when hearing it on a show.

This goes to prove to me, that Michaels music is so far advanced to anything else, that unfortunatley they are not appreciated until some years later when the chart stuff has caught up!!

So i do really think that Michael could take full advantage of A. showcasing new material, and B. performing and bringing he not so well known tracks to the new generation.

Terry

see you all on 28th August and Jan 29th 2010

:clapping::wild::wild::wild::wild:

less than 2 months to showtime.

Id say the vote was really for marketing purposes for up coming re releasees or compilations

About new fans/casual fans: they don't have to know every song performed. Ok, so they might now know Who Is It. Well, if Michael performs it, they will hear it, and may like it, and want to get it.

Avoiding non-OMG MEGA HUGE hits is a disservice to everyone really.

I don't see any reason why Michael wouldn't perform Who is it or Whatever happens, even though everyone in the audience might not recognise them. If he wants to perform the songs that his FANS want to hear, then he should throw in a couple of songs that he usually doesn't do.

Sure, he probably does Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller and other classics, but why not mix it up a bit by giving us Dirty Diana, Give into me, Is it scary etc.? I'm sure that the non-fans won't be mad if there are a few songs they haven't heard, lol. And if they are then...well, that's their problem. Maybe they should go and buy his albums. :smilerolleyes:
It's not that non-fans would get upset, but it is the fact that if this is really his ''final curtain'' call, he would be more likely to perform his best known songs. I think it's fair to say that the arena will probably be filled with 50% fans and 50% general public who just bought a ticket to see THE Michael Jackson. So it will be more logical if he would perform his biggest hits. I think we can expect some sort of 'Greatest Hits'/'KOP' cd setlist.

I still hope I'm proven wrong, but I think we must not forget that it wasn't only the fan community who voted, so even tho half of this board probably voted for his 'unknown' songs, there might be chance that the general public voted for all his classics.

The votes will be more like a guide to what songs the fans wants.

Not something he will stick directly to.

I agree with snorlaaax, if this really IS 'it' then I imagine it will be his most popular songs. I think that we would be very lucky to get such songs as "Who Is It", TDCAU, SIM, Whatever Happens etc.. Like someone said, WE love these songs, but the general public probably won't even have heard of them.

We live in hope that Michael is listening to us though :) *Please sing MITM, Butterflies, Speechless, TDCAU, Who Is It, Dangerous, For All Time, In The Closet etc etc*

If I could pick just one song for him to sing that I don't think he will it would be For All Time...that would be just :wub: Ahh I would die right there and then.

once again who cares about the general public? "i will be performing the songs my FANS want to hear" no the general public. next.

The songs the fans want to see is a mixture of classics and rare never preformed songs
But its obvious that Michael is gonna stick to the classics as there will be alot of less fanatical fans going that will just wanna hear Billie Jean and The Way You Make Me Feel.

The songs the fans want to see is a mixture of classics and rare never preformed songs
But its obvious that Michael is gonna stick to the classics as there will be alot of less fanatical fans going that will just wanna hear Billie Jean and The Way You Make Me Feel.

I hope that's right.

I hope he will perform some of the songs he has never performed before.

Like I already said, of course he will perform the classics, but that doesn't mean he can't throw in a couple of songs that are not as known as BJ for example. Get it?

Didn't Michael say: "I will be performing the songs my FANS want to hear" not
"I will be performing the songs that general public wants to hear" lol

I know it's pointless to argue over something like this, cuz we won't know untill the shows. I'm just saying, have some faith ppl, c'mon :cheeky:

Like I already said, of course he will perform the classics, but that doesn't mean he can't throw in a couple of songs that are not as known as BJ for example. Get it?

Didn't Michael say: "I will be performing the songs my FANS want to hear" not
"I will be performing the songs that general public wants to hear" lol

I know it's pointless to argue over something like this, cuz we won't know untill the shows. I'm just saying, have some faith ppl, c'mon :cheeky:

Agreed! We're the ones that were there through thick and thin, I reckon he's gonna appreciate that, esp after the whole tickets fiasco! :bugeyed
I hope he is anyway lol.

Back