The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Annex in NYC.

ruchie

Proud Member
:wild: I gave myself a After Mother's Day gift, I went to The Rock And Roll Hall of fame Annex in Soho. It has most of the artifacts from every Musician that was inducted into the Hall of Fame and when you come in on the Basement level,you go into this room where there are lighted plates that light up when the music from each star plays then you go into a theater where you see a movie of all the inductees and their comments on why they love playing music. Then you have these sound theaters on your ears that when you pass by a video screen They play the music of the stars on 4 small screens.Then you go into this room where you see the artifacts like lyrics of Michael's lyrics to Billie Jean to Paul Simons' Still brazy after all these years from Guitars, Drumhead, Harmonica, Basses of the stars who played them and prototype Guitars and Basses to the wardrobe of Michael's Bad Jacket and Gloves, Tina, James Brown, Paul McCartbey's Jacket, Janis Joplin. ELVIS, Mick Jagger, David Byrne, Buddy Holly,Jimi Hendrix and The Ramones and Blondie.Last, The John Lennon exhibit. The Two Pianos( the first one used at the Record Plant Studio used by Lennon and his last piano up to his death,Lyrics sheets to songs, Collages he made given to Ringo and George, His Jackets and Hats and his NYC Tee, News items of John going to be deported but Yoko could stay because she had Citizenship already,His Green card and A Stay of Becoming an American. Albums on The Apple,Zapple Labels,Screens all around of Lennon and his life with the Bed In,The Protest, His being a stay at home Dad with His son Sean and his next to last walk in Central Park and A film with Fred Astaire, Dick Cavett, Jack Palance,Yoko ,George Harrision and John going down the line saying a secret and some of them passed down the wrong message. A poster of John's Bloodstained glasses at the time of his Murder used for the cover of Yoko's Season of Glass LP. Also her exhibit of the Box full of smiles. All in All I had fun and I'm going back as long as The Exihibit is still in town.
I'm sorry to say that taking photos are not allowed in the Annex.but Go, Just go when you are in NYC's Soho district.
It's at 76 Mercy Street between Spring and Broomer Streets. 11am- 10pm Sunday -Thrusday and Friday and Satudays 11am - Midnight
:punk:

Back