~The Recipes Thread~

Reghead121

Proud Member
Somewhere between Australia and Missouri ♥
After doing a search I can't believe there's no recipe thread! With peeps all over the world we could come up with a LOT of interesting recipes to post and try.... :shifty:

I would love to try recipes from other countries :clapping: Anyone else like to cook??? :naughty:

I'll post the first one, since I'm in the middle of converting some of my recipes to digital anyhow ;)

This one is two simpler recipes I'd found that I jazzed up some and created into one recipe. It's not easy to make because you are cooking the fish, noodles and sauce at the same friggin time.... and it helps to have a second person handy, but oh man.... it was very very good :)

Cajun Salmon in Pesto Pasta

2 T. ground paprika
1 T. ground cayenne
1 T. onion powder
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
4 salmon fillets or tails
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted

Instructions:

1. In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne, onion powder, salt, both peppers, thyme, basil and oregano.
2. Brush salmon fillets on both sides with 1/4 c. butter and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with 1/2 remaining butter.
3. In a large, heavy skillet over high heat, cook salmon, butter side down, until blackened, 2 to 6 minutes. Drizzle with remaining butter, turn fillets and continue cooking until blackened and fish is easily flaked with a fork.

*Sauce*
-16 oz. of fusilli pasta
-2 T. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1+1/2 c. grated romano cheese
- 1 c. pesto
- 1 + 1/2 c. tomato diced
- 4 mushrooms chopped

Instructions:
1. Bring a large pot of slightly salted and oiled water to a boil. Add pasta when boiling, cook until done and drain.
2. While that is going on.... Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in garlic and butter and saute until garlic is soft and fragrant, one or two minutes. Dissolve flour in milk, then stir in. Season with salt and pepper and simmer 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted. At this point you must stir every minute or less or it will burn.
Stir in pesto. Add mushrooms and tomato. Cook 4 minuets or until heated
through.
3. Mix together with drained pasta. Put pasta on plate and then salmon over
the top.

Yummy nom nom nom!!! :woohoo:

Who else has a good one??? :D

I'm gonna post a recipe every day until someone else starts posting too :p Come on peeps... dig out your favorite family recipe and share :shifty:

This one is a really easy one and super yummy (yeah and naughty lol)

Texas Potatoes.... :woohoo:

- 1 kilo (2lbs.) hash browns or tater tots.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1c. melted butter or marg.
- 283 g. (8oz.) of grated cheddar cheese
- 2c. crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. (283g.) sour cream
-3T. melted butter

Instructions:
1. Mix all ingredients (except last 1/2 c. butter and the cornflakes) together andput in a well greased glass dish.
2. Bake at 176 c. for 45 minutes.
3. Crush corn flakes in a bag, then mix with melted butter.
4. Cover top and bake another 25 mins or until looks done.

This is one of my all time favorite things to make. I made these for friends birthdays, celebrations, holidays, even smash cakes for little babies celebrating their 1st b-day.

Hershey's 'Perfectly Chocolate' Chocolate Cake.

Cake Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Directions:1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings.

VARIATIONS:
ONE-PAN CAKE: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350° F. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.

THREE LAYER CAKE: Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans. Heat oven to 350°F. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.

BUNDT CAKE: Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Heat oven to 350°F. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost.

CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. About 30 cupcakes.

'Perfectly Chocolate' Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

^ Oh that sounds really good..... Thanks for that, I didn't have a scratch chocolate cake recipe :D

One I sorta threw together years ago... very simple...but extremely good.

Misty's Banana Cream Pie

-1 ready made pie crust
-1 pkg. vanilla pudding
-1 tub or container of whip cream
-bananas
-almond slivers
-chocolate liquid topping

Layer sliced bananas on the bottom of the pie crust. Make pudding. Slice or chop up some banana and put in pudding and mix. Pour over bananas in bottom of crust. Chill. When firm, cover top with whip cream. Sprinkle with almond slivers. Add more banana slices in any way, or design, you like. Drizzle with chocolate topping.

NOM NOM NOM! :shifty:

Last edited:
It is, and I've had no complaints from those I made it for. LOL.

Somewhere, I have more recipes I could share but I am too tired to go hunting for them or even to think about where they are.

I bet there's never any complaints! :p

Ha, if you get around to it another time that would be awesome. I am almost reciped out... I've been typing up copies of recipes from an Australian friend of mine before I leave and go back to the States. They have some really good things here....

Anyone have a good all american lasagna recipe?? I'd like to make it for my friend's anniversary coming up :D

Back