The No-Pants T-Ride for the day...

LindaC781

Proud Member
From http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/01/11/this_idea_may_have_legs_for_t_riders/

This idea may have legs for T riders

1200063282_1557.jpg

The premise of Saturday afternoon's 7th Annual No Pants! Subway Ride is simple: people ride the subway without their pants on in cities across the country. (ImprovEverywhere.com) Email|Print| Text size – + By Martin Finucane Globe Staff / January 11, 2008
Knobby knees. Hairy legs. You can see plenty on the beach in summer. You may also see them on the subway in Boston tomorrow.
more stories like this

Some riders may be participating then in No Pants 2K8, an event in which some people plan to ride the trains in their underwear.
Organizer Adam Sablich said that it's a "large-scale improv event," and that 400 to 500 people have said via Internet networking sites that they are interested in participating. He said it is a spinoff of an event that has been happening in New York City for a half-dozen years.
The New York events have been organized by Improv Everywhere, a group whose website says its pranks are intended to "bring excitement to otherwise unexciting locales."
"We're out to prove that a prank doesn't have to involve humiliation or embarrassment; it can simply be about making someone laugh, smile, or stop to notice the world around them," reads the website, improveverywhere.com.
Sablich, 25, of Haverhill, said the event calls for nothing illegal and that participants may wear coats over their boxer shorts or briefs.
"The idea," he said, "is not to inconvenience. It's not to offend. It's not to cause a ruckus. It's absolutely to give people something to talk about."
Participants plan to meet at the Alewife subway station in Cambridge at 3 p.m., and the event will last until 6 p.m. Sablich said he definitely plans to participate.
"I'm organizing it, so I'd better be there," he said.
Paul MacMillan, chief of the MBTA Transit Police, said officers may ride with the pranksters "just to ensure their safety."
dingbat_story_end_icon.gif

Personally, I think the cold has gotten to some a lot more than others...no, I am not doign this...I don't wear boxers...and to think, we thought MJ and his PJ pants were Bad (pardon the pun)..:wild:

Last edited:
Back