The New NBA Season 2008/2009

ladyplatinum

Proud Member
Things are looking fantastic at the start of the new season...at least for my favorite team...The LA Lakers and a couple of others I won't mention...someone else can mention them.:D

I was so happy that the Lakers stopped the streak of the Celtics. I think Celtics were believing that they were unbeatable or something. But we all know that streaks are meant to be broken and it was just like a setup that the Lakers would be the team to do it. I kept saying that to myself as the Christmas Day game was approaching...I knew they would get it done. The Celtics weren't able to win their next game against a team that hasn't won in double figures yet. I guess they were a little miffed by losing to the Lakers and lost their composure and 2 games in a row. It happens to the best of them. The Lakers had already lost their 2 in a row, so they were ready to play ball and THEY DID.

I'm looking forward to the best of the best being in the playoffs again and I pray that the Lakers will remain healthy and go into the playoffs this year with all their players ready and able to go the distance against whomever is thrown their way.

I WANT THEM TO GET BACK THERE AND WIN! :D Hey, I'm just loving my team, ain't nothing wrong with that!

GO LAKERS! :punk: GO LAKERS! :punk: GO LAKERS!:punk::D

Add another Lakers' fan in there! The best player in the game (not Lebron!) has one heck of a team behind him this year. Gasol is a beast and underrated as a talent. I wasn't sure about having Odom coming off the bench but it was actually a genious move by one of the greatest coaches ever.

Going over Boston on Christmas was huge for us. I truley feel that this is our year to win it all again.

Add another Lakers' fan in there! The best player in the game (not Lebron!) has one heck of a team behind him this year. Gasol is a beast and underrated as a talent. I wasn't sure about having Odom coming off the bench but it was actually a genious move by one of the greatest coaches ever.

Going over Boston on Christmas was huge for us. I truley feel that this is our year to win it all again.

I think the pep talk Kobe gave Gasol actually helped him gather himself. I had believed before the game started that Gasol would have a big game. It didn't look that way at the beginning but he pulled it off with those assists from Kobe. The ball was golden from Kobe's hands to Pau's hands.

It was a beautiful thing to watch...and I liked the little hug that they gave each other at the end of the game. Pau, also gave a shout out to GOD. That was so cool when they showed him saying to the sky, "Thanks GOD!":D

Pau is a perfect fit for the Lakers and they are the most finesse team in the league, but they can stomp somebody down when they play their "A" game.

Also, Andrew B. did a great job for his first taste of the Celtics after coming back from injury. I hope he gets even stronger before the next meeting in February at their house in Boston.

And thanks Mjkop4ever for your post, too.

Let's keep sending the Lakers those winning vibes!:D

Back