The Musical Genius that is Michael Jackson..

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
Can anyone name any other artist in the history of music who has been as adaptable and flexible to musical genres as Michael?

Many other musicians stick to what they know, generally. And tend to make their records within a distinct genre or style of music. For e.g. Santana - blues/rock, Lady Gaga - Pop, Pink Floyd - Prog Rock. Even if other great musicians deviate from their typical style, they do it very subtly and don't make great leaps.

Michael on the other hand - had it ALL. Pop, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Soul, Funk, New Jack Swing, RnB, Rap, Grunge Rock/Experimental, Disco, that early 00's sound, Gospel , Latin, African, Blues, Contemporary,HI-NRG.. I could go on and on.

I find it absolutely astounding that any artist can be this flexible. That any artist can make such beautiful music that doesn't just stick to one defined style of music. I've been pondering this lately, and I think this is one of the reasons Michael has the biggest fan base on the planet. This is one of the reasons why he's the greatest selling solo artist of all time. This is one of the reasons he will live forever. He united the world through his music. It's not just for one type of person.. It's for everybody.

I can never get bored of listening to Michael. He has created artwork that suit my every mood, my every situation, my every hardship in life. He's there the entire time. When I'm happy. When I'm sad. When I'm reflective... etc etc. The list goes on and on. The fact of the matter is he is the most incredible artist and person that has ever lived.

This is the genius of Michael Jackson.

Can anyone else think of another artist like Michael? Because I certainly can't.

Last edited:
I agree and i've always said that King Of Pop is far to limiting of a title for him. King Of Pop doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of his genius

I absolutely love this kind of threads. I wouldn't mind that everyday somebody starts one thread like this because after so many years and I still cant't understand how anybody can be so amazingly talented as Michael is (I just can't say was:sad2:).

Not just talented and hardworking but also with such a progressive thinking, so ahead of his time.

To answer to your question, altough it is a rethorical one, no I can't think of anyother artist wich such versatility and flexibility in performing and creating.I can't believe for example that Little Susie and Scream are coming from same source, same for Heal The World and TDCAU, Speechless and Shout .Just amazing.I can't believe that is same person performing Will You Be There and In The Closet, SOOML and Jam,Earth Song and Beat It.

I'll never get enough of Michael.

[...]

Not just talented and hardworking but also with such a progressive thinking, so ahead of his time.

To answer to your question, altough it is a rethorical one, no I can't think of anyother artist wich such versatility and flexibility in performing and creating. [...]

I singled out these lines of yours, for they stand out. I completely concur with that. ...

Can anyone name any other artist in the history of music who has been as adaptable and flexible to musical genres as Michael?

Many other musicians stick to what they know, generally. And tend to make their records within a distinct genre or style of music. For e.g. Santana - blues/rock, Lady Gaga - Pop, Pink Floyd - Prog Rock. Even if other great musicians deviate from their typical style, they do it very subtly and don't make great leaps.

Michael on the other hand - had it ALL. Pop, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Soul, Funk, New Jack Swing, RnB, Rap, Grunge Rock/Experimental, Disco, that early 00's sound, Gospel , Latin, African, Blues, Contemporary,HI-NRG.. I could go on and on.

I find it absolutely astounding that any artist can be this flexible. That any artist can make such beautiful music that doesn't just stick to one defined style of music. I've been pondering this lately, and I think this is one of the reasons Michael has the biggest fan base on the planet. This is one of the reasons why he's the greatest selling solo artist of all time. This is one of the reasons he will live forever. He united the world through his music. It's not just for one type of person.. It's for everybody.

I can never get bored of listening to Michael. He has created artwork that suit my every mood, my every situation, my every hardship in life. He's there the entire time. When I'm happy. When I'm sad. When I'm reflective... etc etc. The list goes on and on. The fact of the matter is he is the most incredible artist and person that has ever lived.

This is the genius of Michael Jackson.

Can anyone else think of another artist like Michael? Because I certainly can't.

I agree. There are artists from whom I like one or two songs, but when I put on a full album from them it's torture, because it's so repetitive and boring. With Michael, I think, one of the first things that caught my attention that the very first time I have heard his Bad album from start to finish, I enjoyed it from start to finish and I never got bored. I was a child at the time and I think this is why children find Michael's music so great - because it's so diverse and you don't get bored listening to an album.

GREAT TOPIC, thank you gonetoosoon from the bottom of my heart for bringing this up!!! There's no doubt about it in my mind, we don't have another example musical genius like Michael Jackson from this point of view as a composer. But when you add to that the ingenius way he recorded and produced his music, AND added dance and visuals to it with the same dazzling depth of influences, AND added equally complex epic, philosophical themes and messages to his work - that included the entire globe as it's intended audience, who else has EVER produced ANY art on that level? DaVinci? Michelangelo? Maybe?

:agree:

With Michael, I think, one of the first things that caught my attention that the very first time I have heard his Bad album from start to finish, I enjoyed it from start to finish and I never got bored. I was a child at the time and I think this is why children find Michael's music so great - because it's so diverse and you don't get bored listening to an album.

Me too. :wub:

He's just the best we ever had, and not even that seems big enough =)

There are so many layers to Michael and his music that I still find new things when I listen. So much of his music is as fresh today as it's always been. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard Billie Jean, but when I hear that song it still has the wow! factor. He's ageless, timeless and genius doesn't do him credit. Like so many things about Michael, words haven't been invented yet to describe his brilliance. Love him? You bet!

this is a beautiful post and you're right he's did everything in music and that why his legacy is timeless, just like Shakespeare who is the greatest poet of time and his work still get celebrated that's how Michael is with his music and videos

Michael is talented and hardworking. Not only in music, dance, but also almost all charity,ect.

The fact that he did that is one of the main reasons why I really can stand to like his entire solo catalog. Never a boring moment. Ever. Especially the Bad, Dangerous, BOTDF, & HIStory albums.

They played 4-5 minutes with intros from Michaels songs and you couldn´t guess it´s the same human who did the music on all of them.
I listen to his music every day most from dangerous and forward.
He has songs for every emotion , when I´m angry,sad,happy, hopeful,need comfort etc

Back